Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3576529 times)

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #6150 on: October 31, 2009, 09:26:35 am »

Are there also updates in the future to make building furnaces and forges out of things like Lignite, Coal, and the like a 'Bad Plan (tm)'?

I think that this is still not happening, otherwise magma would melt everything and take over the world.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: October 31, 2009, 06:40:19 pm »

Are there also updates in the future to make building furnaces and forges out of things like Lignite, Coal, and the like a 'Bad Plan (tm)'?

I think that this is still not happening, otherwise magma would melt everything and take over the world.
If you weren't paying attention, you aren't allowed to build a furnace of any sort from flammable materials.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: October 31, 2009, 08:35:48 pm »

Toady outright stated the Scamps hates that hat in the topic announcement for DF Talk #4 and attempted to sneak up on Scamps with the hat while Mr. Scamps was sleeping in order to minimize hat-related claw wounds. So yes, its not just you.

Yea, in that third or fourth pic that he posted of Scamps (the last one), Scamps looked like he was trying to say 'Get me outta this thing!' or something like that.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #6153 on: October 31, 2009, 11:42:41 pm »

And the second looks like a pretty clear "I shall have my revenge!"
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: November 01, 2009, 01:41:22 am »

If there is one way to earn the eternal disdain of a cat, it is to try and get it to wear clothing

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: November 01, 2009, 06:17:56 am »

In my experience, cats have vast oceans of pent-up disdain that it takes very little to unleash.

I once stroked a cat backwards and it looked at me so scathingly, my eyebrows burned off.

nagual678

• Bay Watcher
  • Noble Sam says: I want YOU for the Fortress Guard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: November 01, 2009, 08:59:36 am »

Just two small curiosities:

What will happen to the past year of bug reports? Do you still read those at all? Are you just going to go tabula rasa for your next release, as a lot of the game will have changed by then and a number of problems won't apply anymore?

Also, same question but for the suggestions. I remember you commenting on a lot of those, but today you seem to have a less directly open and interactive policy. Have you simply run out of time to read them?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: November 01, 2009, 11:50:50 am »

As for the bug list, maybe they should be archived since there are many that are still unresolved. True, some will become obsolete because of the game changes, but it is still useful to find out the status of the bug and whether its a new one or an old one cropping up.

In fact, I just found a bug, or at least an extension of a bug that was suppousedly fixed back in version 33e. It seems to be an extension of it or at least AI related (seemed to be mainly a dog thing) since it's intermittent and not all creatures do this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: November 01, 2009, 04:17:24 pm »

It is more then possible for a kingdom to have no ruler right?

I just Genned a world where humans have no rulers... oddly enough

Also I got a human name like this: Fat b Sloshguard
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 04:23:45 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: November 01, 2009, 04:26:34 pm »

I think I've seen that before, it was some civ called the confederation of something (something like that) which seemed to be an alliance of various warlords (weaponmasters). Did you notice this in legends or in the civ screen of those which you have contacted (goblin POWs count as contacts apparently)? If its the civ screen, what does it look like? I'm just curious.

Human civs usually have a Merchant baron or Merchant prince/princess (I had the merchant princess once) or something though. The noble structure is different for human civs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: November 01, 2009, 04:28:19 pm »

Namely I am checking the Region folders outside of legends mode (because they are a lot easier to read)

Though I will say that the Humans are getting AWSOME Civilisation names! (Heck all of them are... This is the most consistant Awsome Civilisation name cluster I ever had)

-The Blotted Union (so far so bad right? just wait)
-The Kingdom of Alchemy
-The Realm of Assaults
-The Magical Confederacy

The Lamest goes to the Dwarves: "The Post of Naming"
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 04:34:18 pm by Neonivek »

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: November 01, 2009, 06:38:41 pm »

Questions about castes:

Is it possible for different castes of creatures to live in different biomes? For example a single 'Tiger' creature that is orange with black stripes in tropical biomes while a white with black stripes caste of the same creature lives in taiga and temperate forests.

Also, will we be seeing melanistic leopards and jaguars ('black panthers') in the next version or will we have to mod that in ourselves?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 06:40:56 pm by Neoskel »
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: November 01, 2009, 06:40:46 pm »

That wouldn't really make much sense. If you have swamp-tigers and desert-tigers, the desert-tigers will still give birth to swamp-tigers and vice-versa. You might as well just make them separate creatures.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: November 01, 2009, 06:48:58 pm »

Sometimes though the human civs will come up with a racist sounding name such as the white league. I know its just a game and the RNG has no concept of racism, so its really nobodys fault.

There's definetly worse names that the RNG has tossed out though.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: November 01, 2009, 07:12:12 pm »

What will happen to the past year of bug reports? Do you still read those at all? Are you just going to go tabula rasa for your next release, as a lot of the game will have changed by then and a number of problems won't apply anymore?

This got me curious about how much of the bug list is likely to become fixed/obsolete, so I went through the list and picked them out.  It's all guesswork on my part, and probably errs on the side of optimism, so don't take the numbers too seriously.  Below are 99 of the the 490 unfixed bugs:

Likely (51):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Somewhat likely (42):

Likely if 40d## stuff goes in (6):
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1065