Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3628057 times)

Belteshazzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #5220 on: October 02, 2009, 02:42:40 pm »

Unfortunately adamatine is nigh inflexible in its natural state (who the hell knows how Dwarves bend even the smallest wires and threads during forgin!)

Therefore an instrument of it would likely slice off your fingers rather than strum out some tunes. Could make some nice monowire and needle weapons out of a single strand... like a cheese slicer of the gods!
In the year 570, Kjerdregus occurred.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: October 02, 2009, 02:51:39 pm »

Unfortunately adamatine is nigh inflexible in its natural state (who the hell knows how Dwarves bend even the smallest wires and threads during forgin!)

Therefore an instrument of it would likely slice off your fingers rather than strum out some tunes. Could make some nice monowire and needle weapons out of a single strand... like a cheese slicer of the gods!

Well for Adamantine weapons and instruments that use strings... I always assumed the strings were made of something else.

atomfullerene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: October 02, 2009, 03:39:28 pm »

Urist McBrubeck cancels sleep: Jam session.

This is a Brass saxophone. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of dwarves. The dwarves are jamming.

Now that's Music with Rocks In!  It really takes dwarves to play hole music, although I could swear the guitarist was Elvish.  (apologies to Terry Pratchett)

Tenebrais

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: October 02, 2009, 05:05:03 pm »

Dwarves to me don't have the temperament to jam. They would rehearse, a hundred of them, in a massive hall with an aged conductor, on the biggest, brassiest instruments dwarvenkind could produce.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #5224 on: October 02, 2009, 05:28:04 pm »

Perhaps with an organ by B.S.J?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #5225 on: October 02, 2009, 07:50:29 pm »

EDIT:
Never mind.
I could have sworn there was a harp in that scene.
huh? The one I just described?

I'm sorry, I had posted a link to the part of Tenacious D where Ben Stiller tells them a story,
and the guy in the story was playing an old fashioned lute, except electric guitar shredding sounds
were produced instead.
For some odd reason I had remembered it as a harp instead of a lute.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: October 02, 2009, 10:17:35 pm »

Perhaps with an organ by B.S.J?

Bach Sebastian Johann? Was that the order of his name?
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: October 02, 2009, 10:19:55 pm »

Bergholt Stuttley Johnson, better known as Bloody Stupid...
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: October 03, 2009, 12:15:28 am »

Human Assassin cancels Contract: Interrupted by Razorgirl

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: October 03, 2009, 12:34:00 am »

heh, adamantine stilettos that pierce a whole through every limb and organ in one stroke.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: October 03, 2009, 05:51:29 am »

Hey Toady,

I'd like to get a bit more info on the following.
[DESCRIPTION:With Text] - Are these able to hook into the colours and variables of the creature?
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:10000000] - clearly related to body size, but what do the numbers do?
[HAS_NERVES] - Is this to create a central nervous system?
[FEATURE_BEAST] - What exactly does this do, how does it relate to biomes?
[GENERATED] - what does this do?
[TITAN] - is this for random body parts?
The function of these attack flags would be good to know as well:
   [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
   [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
   [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: October 03, 2009, 05:56:09 am »

Well I can probably take a stab at one of those. Generated would seem to indicate that.. it's generated. By the new random system

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: October 03, 2009, 06:16:16 am »

Far as I remember from the dwarf preview raws, that body size tag should mean that it starts its life (year 0 and day 0, the first and second numbers each) at the size given as the third number (dwarves now being size 6000, I believe). In other words, those guys are humongous from the start, but don't grow more.

While we're at body size, I don't think I've seen this asked - if castes in a species can have vastly different body sizes, or have a different set of the stout/narrow tags than others, how would armor clothing be handled for entities of that species? Would each caste have to make its own sets? Or would some castes be out of luck, clothing-wise?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: October 03, 2009, 06:49:48 am »

New raws are always cool.  This is our first look at the poison raws, which apparently include vomiting blood as a possible effect.  Other neat stuff: setting the blood's phase (solid/liquid/gas), ability to use odd skills for natural attacks, and the newts all being immune to each other's poison.

I was surprised that the newt had the [NATURAL] tag.  I figured the forgotten beasts would be too creepy even for the elves.  Also I'm still trying to figure out what SCALE refers to in [PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SCALE:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]. 

[DESCRIPTION:With Text] - Are these able to hook into the colours and variables of the creature?
[HAS_NERVES] - Is this to create a central nervous system?
[FEATURE_BEAST] - What exactly does this do, how does it relate to biomes?
[TITAN] - is this for random body parts?

Whatever generated the [DESCRIPTION:etc] is clearly able to pull in colors and other notable aspects of the creature's appearance, yeah.  It might be utilizing the spheres too, judging from the newt's "gaunt appearance" and its ties to deformity.

[HAS_NERVES] isn't for central nervous system -- the brain and spine are added like other body parts.  I'm 99% sure that tag enables motor/sensory nerve damage, as mentioned in the dev log.

[FEATURE_BEAST] signifies that it's one of the two types of randomly generated creature.  It's probably one of those catchalls like the [LAYER_LINKED] entity flag, implying a whole bunch of forgotten beast type stuff.

[TITAN] is the other type of randomly generated creature.  Toady announced those in the last DF Talk.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:10:52 am by Footkerchief »

Mandaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: October 03, 2009, 07:32:52 am »

New raws are always cool.  This is our first look at the poison raws, which apparently include vomiting blood as a possible effect.  Other neat stuff: setting the blood's phase (solid/liquid/gas), ability to use odd skills for natural attacks, and the newts all being immune to each other's poison.

I saw there a tag for choosing blood too...so in theory one could make/encounter a creature whose blood was poisonous gas? That'd be very cool. And I'm sure that, even if extremely dangerous creatures are a rare sight in the upcoming update, players will mod some Fun Stuff in too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:35:46 am by Mandaril »
Oddom Adagsibrek, war Mandrill (Tame)
"He is incredibly skinny yet gigantic overall. His hair is brown. His skin is cinnamon. His upper body bears a very short straight scar. His left front leg bears the marks of old wounds, including a tiny straight scar. His right front foot bears a very short straight scar. His throat bears a massive curving scar. His eyes are orange."
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 1065