Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3628128 times)

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #5130 on: September 29, 2009, 01:33:10 pm »

Living-vomit-in-a-shell perfectly represents everything DF stands for! To remove it would be a crime

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: September 29, 2009, 02:22:40 pm »

Judging from the spoilers adventure, it seems like the creatures will be unique megabeast-style creatures, not populations of them. This may have changed, of course.

Well, given that the cave systems will be big enough to contain entire biomes, we definetly could use some more cave critters.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: September 29, 2009, 02:30:47 pm »

With the new custom workshops and the ability to add reactions to the Alchemist's shop, will you be adding the Alchemy skill back in? Are any new skills going to be going in? (Other then the healthcare ones)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: September 29, 2009, 02:42:26 pm »

More like:

When will it be time for arbitrary skills for reactions in the raws?

Belteshazzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: September 29, 2009, 02:52:05 pm »

I am now imagining blasting enemies with bolts of raw chaotic power that could do anything from shuffling all of a creature's parts, fusing objects and creatures together, and creating some of these abominations... whom you dearly hope won't survive long after creation.

Perhaps a Megabeast that spawns such abominations from its own ever-shifting form and reabsorbs anything too slow or stupid to avoid its cthonic grasp. Basicly Ubbo Sathla or Abhoth.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 03:14:45 pm by Belteshazzar »
In the year 570, Kjerdregus occurred.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: September 29, 2009, 02:55:24 pm »

With the new custom workshops and the ability to add reactions to the Alchemist's shop, will you be adding the Alchemy skill back in?

Judging from the string dump, it never actually got removed.  It's sitting there with all the other skill tokens (look for "ALCHEMY").  I think it only got taken out in the sense that none of the vanilla entity definitions have PERMITTED_JOB:ALCHEMIST, which might have been what you meant.

Are any new skills going to be going in? (Other then the healthcare ones)

Wrestling has been split into at least 5 separate "unarmed" skills (punching, kicking, biting/goring, dodging, actual wrestling, and I think there might be a skill for improvised weapons too).  There are also new teaching/learning skills and probably a leadership skill (see the Squads section of the List).  I wouldn't be surprised if a few other miscellaneous skills found their way in too.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 03:06:42 pm by Footkerchief »

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: September 29, 2009, 03:22:17 pm »

Do the monstrousities occationally take whole bits of creature to tack on?  (I.E. is a Gryphon, Manticore or D&D style Chimera a valid output?)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: September 29, 2009, 03:36:51 pm »

Living-vomit-in-a-shell perfectly represents everything DF stands for! To remove it would be a crime
Seconded.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: September 29, 2009, 03:40:34 pm »

Maybe it just needed work cause the shell wasn't covering all the vomit and it leaked everywhere and died, or something.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: September 29, 2009, 03:41:09 pm »

With the new custom workshops and the ability to add reactions to the Alchemist's shop, will you be adding the Alchemy skill back in?

Judging from the string dump, it never actually got removed.  It's sitting there with all the other skill tokens (look for "ALCHEMY").  I think it only got taken out in the sense that none of the vanilla entity definitions have PERMITTED_JOB:ALCHEMIST, which might have been what you meant.

Are any new skills going to be going in? (Other then the healthcare ones)

Wrestling has been split into at least 5 separate "unarmed" skills (punching, kicking, biting/goring, dodging, actual wrestling, and I think there might be a skill for improvised weapons too).  There are also new teaching/learning skills and probably a leadership skill (see the Squads section of the List).  I wouldn't be surprised if a few other miscellaneous skills found their way in too.

Oh, ok. Awesome!

And, yeah, I forgot about the combat skill changes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: September 29, 2009, 04:07:09 pm »

Do the monstrousities occationally take whole bits of creature to tack on?  (I.E. is a Gryphon, Manticore or D&D style Chimera a valid output?)

If its anatomy were to draw from a pool of available body tokens like the current system and end up as a mix of those before flesh layering is applied, it's entirely possible.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: September 29, 2009, 04:21:08 pm »

Hmm... I'd like to see that vomit monster evaporate when exposed to warm open air into a miasma, or freeze solid in a cold inviroment, only to slowly thaw back to life when hauled indoors myself.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: September 29, 2009, 04:34:11 pm »

Perhaps a Megabeast that spawns such abominations from its own ever-shifting form and reabsorbs anything too slow or stupid to avoid its cthonic grasp. Basicly Ubbo Sathla or Abhoth.

This.

Knowing DF players, of course, it would quickly be trapped and placed in an elaborate drawbridge-based machine which automatically separated out the abomination-unto-nature offspring and dropped them ten z-levels onto a butcher's shop, eliminating the need for any other food source.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: September 29, 2009, 04:40:52 pm »

Don't forget feedding it a combination of kittens, wardogs, and two humped cammels in an attempt to get the most wonderful and edible pet of all, the three humped war kitten.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: September 29, 2009, 04:41:19 pm »

Kinda makes me wish for a "Mother of monsters" type megabeast.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 1065