Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3631053 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #4425 on: September 05, 2009, 12:48:40 pm »

I can't wait to build an x-ray machine. Basically, it would be so expensive that only nobles can use it.

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: September 05, 2009, 01:07:23 pm »

*=Dwarven MRI=*
This is a Dwarven MRI. It is of high quality.
It is encircled in a casing of lead.
It menaces with spikes of impending lawsuit.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: September 05, 2009, 01:25:46 pm »

I wonder if DF will ever go into such detail that would allow to create a dwarven autopsy machine...  which is basically a stonefall trap with a steel grate underneath.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: September 05, 2009, 02:12:11 pm »

I wonder if DF will ever go into such detail that would allow to create a dwarven autopsy machine...  which is basically a stonefall trap with a steel grate underneath.
Sounds like another invention, the waffle-maker.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: September 05, 2009, 02:49:21 pm »

Sounds like another invention, the waffle-maker.
Just replace the grates holes with stone blocks and there you go.
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: September 05, 2009, 03:46:44 pm »

Hmm i have a question to the surgeons and Docs.

How can we train them? Would it be possible to get corpses (Animals, Siegers, dead tantrumers) on the table for training them? Could you entwine that with with a taxidermist like profession.

It would be cool to have stuffed Animals/enemies (even rouge ones like Griffons (Griphon?) etc.) as some kind of statue/decoration and to get some experience on the doctors without killing x dwarves.

To the tree talk: I would like to see Multitiled trees which are detailed with bark etc. Since they dont move around they should be fairly (easy is realtive XD ) easy. It would also meet some things like which ones armok (and me too) wants to see like overgrowed constructions. -> where are wonderfull pictures of Anchor (india) which show this.

XD it would be nice if a tree could have individual leaves/needles - which are procedural generated with a seed number and remain in quantum state until observed.

Exploding plants: Trees struck by lightning can be very expolsive, Cacti and eucalipti go of like bombs and iirc theres even a plant that relies on miniature explosions to spread there seed thought i am not sure if the last one is true.

OH another question: Will we get parasits like tapeworms?Creatures that can live inside of other (dead) creatures? Combined with poisons and deseases and mind altering effects they could be very exiting

BTW: Hephaestos (from which i borrowed my nick) since it came up in the talk has created Talos a bronce-Angel which defended kreta for europa. Faced in close combat he has heated up till he glowed red. He died by the hands of Medea who had removed a bronce bolt from his food which forced talos to bleed to death.

Hephaestos also has created 2 womans from gold as his servants, the body of Pandora and the two firebreathing bulls Aietes. Not to forget a good number of weapons, jewelry, and the chain of prometheus.

The Golem of Prague (in one version of the myth) by the way was animated by a spell written on paper under his tongue and could be stoped by removing that spell.

In a similiar vein you could maybe implement a bolt or something that keeps the Statue alive until its removed ...... and maybe reanimated then the bolt is replaced.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 04:15:40 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: September 05, 2009, 04:12:43 pm »

Yea, that's a pretty good question, how are we going to train them? While sieges, cave ins, injured soldiers (from fighting some critter or sparring injuries), wildlife attacks and accidents will provide some training, they would train pretty slowly unless some other experience system is in place rather than the usual workshop task or sparring methods of xp.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: September 05, 2009, 04:40:35 pm »

The Golem of Prague (in one version of the myth) by the way was animated by a spell written on paper under his tongue and could be stoped by removing that spell.

...That's a myth?. Wow, the Bartimaeus Trilogy just got even more awesome.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Mandaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: September 05, 2009, 04:40:47 pm »

Yea, that's a pretty good question, how are we going to train them? While sieges, cave ins, injured soldiers (from fighting some critter or sparring injuries), wildlife attacks and accidents will provide some training, they would train pretty slowly unless some other experience system is in place rather than the usual workshop task or sparring methods of xp.

...injure your dwarves on purpose. Preferably untrained soapmakers. Hurt enough dwarves and when your legendary champion is in turn the Urist McSurgeon won't mess up.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 05:06:04 pm by Mandaril »
Oddom Adagsibrek, war Mandrill (Tame)
"He is incredibly skinny yet gigantic overall. His hair is brown. His skin is cinnamon. His upper body bears a very short straight scar. His left front leg bears the marks of old wounds, including a tiny straight scar. His right front foot bears a very short straight scar. His throat bears a massive curving scar. His eyes are orange."

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: September 05, 2009, 04:45:03 pm »

What do you think about re-attatching limbs or attatching limbs from other dwarves/creatures? I want my Frankendwarf!

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: September 05, 2009, 05:07:21 pm »

It would be cool to have stuffed Animals/enemies (even rouge ones like Griffons (Griphon?) etc.) as some kind of statue/decoration

This is a statue of a griffon.
Its cheekbones menace with spikes of rouge.

Seriously though, taxidermy would be a pretty awesome addition and something for animal dissectors to do.
Although it might be more dwarvenly to dip whole bodies into some sort of varnish.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: September 05, 2009, 05:25:57 pm »

I think an experienced doctor will be a must have in the starting seven.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: September 05, 2009, 05:44:54 pm »

How about check ups? Dwarves could routinely checkup with a doctor to look if there's any diseases and such.
This wouldn't generate a lot of exp, but it will be enough to keep the good doctor busy.

Oh, will there be possible to assign doctors to different duties? Like have the apprentice doctor make examines while the old master doctor makes the cutting?

It could be also possible to have them then on vet duty, so they could heal dogs and such, that got hurt on ''accident''. Hey, the more exp the merrier. Plus you get to keep the soapmakers to train them into gladiators.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: September 05, 2009, 05:52:55 pm »

It could be also possible to have them then on vet duty, so they could heal dogs and such, that got hurt on ''accident''.

This sounds more like what the Animal Caretaker profession should be doing, but isn't because it's not implemented yet.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: September 05, 2009, 05:54:32 pm »

speaking of which.

will soap finally have a proper use. and that the heck is a potion???
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 1065