Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3638518 times)

Serefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #3960 on: August 19, 2009, 03:54:35 am »

Ah, yeah, the dev log. I was kinda just quickly clicking my way to page one of this thread everyday, because Toady changed something every day. I never thought about looking at the dev log or stuff like that.

Anyways, good luck Toady!  ;D

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: August 19, 2009, 09:07:34 am »

Quote from: Toady One
I had somebody shoot my toe off with a crossbow, which was cool, because it was after the slash vs. pierce merge. It just happened that the toe was narrow enough to be removed.

I don't think a single other person in the world has ever said that.

Quote from: Toady One
I'm staying up late tonight to take Scamps to the vet in the morning. It is time for his big routine operation.
Do you mean neutering ? Then  it would be a good thing the slash vs pierce merge worked fine : it just happens Scamp's something is narrow enough to be removed.
Though I hope not by a crossbow shot.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: August 19, 2009, 10:14:36 am »

So the crossbow bolt was able to tear a toe off because it was "narrow" enough?  I thought the raws only tracked a bodypart's size (relative to the body's overall size).  Does it figure out a sense of dimension for bodyparts like limbs and extremities, or is it just a matter of part size?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: August 19, 2009, 10:22:33 am »

Quote from: dev log
You bash The Farmer in the upper body with your bismuth bronze war hammer, bruising the muscle, jamming the left floating rib through the liver tissue and tearing the liver!

Yeah, this'll be interesting.

LordZorintrhox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: August 19, 2009, 10:27:11 am »

I made this sweet (defrag style) DF progress bar based off of an idea somebody here had thought of.

It's currently at the top of my blog, because I'm not sure how to do images in posts.
The link is in my sig if you want to see.
It took a lot of time to draw it pixel by pixel.

Yeah.  I'd update mine for this thread myself, but time + the hackish way I threw it together are prohibitive for me.

Glad I inspired something.  I must keep this in mind for any public project I work on; people like progress bars.
...but their muscles would also end up looking like someone wrapped pink steel bridge-cables around a fire hydrant and then shrink-wrapped it in a bearskin.

HEY, you should try my Dwarfletter tileset...it's pretty.
I make games, too

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: August 19, 2009, 11:01:44 am »

Quote from: dev log
You bash The Farmer in the upper body with your bismuth bronze war hammer, bruising the muscle, jamming the left floating rib through the liver tissue and tearing the liver!

Yeah, this'll be interesting.

Although since the liver is basically like a sponge and has so much blood flowing through it, a torn liver would probably result in alot of bleeding. It would be internal bleeding of course, not artery geysers that Armok prefers.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 11:12:09 am by smjjames »

Kittah_Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: August 19, 2009, 11:07:21 am »

"I also grabbed somebody's exposed guts and did the only thing you can do with them currently, which is pinch them. It's an unfortunate game."
And so Toady documents his attempts at disemboweling someone in a game, grabbing their guts, and strangling them with the guts.

I do imagine pinching guts is very painful.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: August 19, 2009, 11:24:32 am »

Although since the liver is basically like a sponge and has so much blood flowing through it, a torn liver would probably result in alot of bleeding. It would be internal bleeding of course, not artery geysers that Armok prefers.

Yeah, the tissue templates from the raws preview have liver tissue as VASCULAR:8.  For comparison, heart tissue is 10 and skin is 1.  So it looks like that injury would indeed result in a lot of bleeding in DF.

Thursday Postal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: August 19, 2009, 11:35:51 am »

Poor scamps! Is it that surgery?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: August 19, 2009, 11:38:47 am »

Yea that's it, vascular, I was trying to think of the word but couldn't remember what it was.

Also, the lungs and kidneys are equally vascular, so a red lung wound will be less survivable.

I wonder if the new health system with the surgeons will have an equivalent of an ER.

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: August 19, 2009, 11:49:42 am »

I hope Scamps is okay :ohdear:

GaGrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: August 19, 2009, 11:50:37 am »

I know that you [Toady One] plan on nerfing the ranged attacks further, and not knowing their current lethality I will therefore only say this much:

Aside from the difficulty in learning how to hit with certain weapons, it really is all about speed.  You simply can't use a bow (or crossbow) at anything like the speed even an dabbling wrestler could throw decent punches.

I realise that this is something you can't address at the moment, I merely point this out so that you don't make them significantly less lethal than they are in the long-term, whatever short-term solution you come up with.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #3972 on: August 19, 2009, 12:08:12 pm »

I guess he'll be radar'd up for two weeks,

Don't forget to post videos of him enjoying his pain medication!
Oh wait, is that just in de-clawing? Or is it that other sugery?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: August 19, 2009, 12:17:32 pm »

Neutering: the derail that keeps on giving!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: August 19, 2009, 12:21:23 pm »

I know that you [Toady One] plan on nerfing the ranged attacks further, and not knowing their current lethality I will therefore only say this much:

Aside from the difficulty in learning how to hit with certain weapons, it really is all about speed.  You simply can't use a bow (or crossbow) at anything like the speed even an dabbling wrestler could throw decent punches.

I realise that this is something you can't address at the moment, I merely point this out so that you don't make them significantly less lethal than they are in the long-term, whatever short-term solution you come up with.

Well judging by Toady's other points he could be weakening them for any number of reasons. Such as their previous ability to saw people in half.

So I don't think this is Toady making them weaker for the short term. (though I don't know)
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 1065