Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3623500 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #3270 on: July 28, 2009, 06:30:59 am »

I really depends on what you consider magical. Originally I thought the Bene Gesserit were psychics created from Spice exposure.

In fact they seem like Psychics with religious context (Hmm... Like the Jedi)

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: July 28, 2009, 06:38:34 am »

On the heat advisory:

I keep forgetting you're in the Pacific Northwest.  Most of my relatives are wilting right now.  I'm sure glad I'm spending this month in Texas, away from all that awful heat.  ::)  (In all seriousness, though, there's AC all over the place here and Seattle hardly has any)

Anyway, stay safe and drink lots of water.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: July 28, 2009, 06:41:56 am »

Yea, it gets very hot on the west coast during the summer. If Scamps is panting, then it must be pretty bad.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: July 28, 2009, 06:44:16 am »

Dang, Scamps can't seem to handle the heat. I wonder if Scamps does what some cats do when they are hot and lie down on the ground in random locations, getting back up, walking, then lying down.

Goodness, I've had Heatwaves and Coldwaves here before but just by the description it sounds like they are considerably worse where you live (It only gets 40 degrees Celcius Below and above Zero for our Heatwaves). Don't push yourself Toady and if you feel dizzy or sick you go drink some water and get out of the heat.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: July 28, 2009, 06:45:16 am »

Toady can't afford air conditioner.   :(

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: July 28, 2009, 06:46:02 am »

Toady can't afford air conditioner.   :(

Maybe he can, maybe he just watched a lot of Captain Planet growing up.

Then again maybe someone should donate 20,000 dollars to him to get one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: July 28, 2009, 06:47:17 am »

I have two air conditioners right now, I feel greedy.

EDIT:  I'm like wearing three coats to stay warm.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: July 28, 2009, 06:53:08 am »

Yea, it gets very hot on the west coast during the summer. If Scamps is panting, then it must be pretty bad.

Not the northwest, anyway.  Quite mild up there, at least compared to most places in the US.  According to weather.com, it got up to 93F = 34C yesterday in Siverdale. 

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: July 28, 2009, 08:50:20 am »

I really depends on what you consider magical. Originally I thought the Bene Gesserit were psychics created from Spice exposure.

In fact they seem like Psychics with religious context (Hmm... Like the Jedi)
nah benegesserith don't require spice, they can controll their biology and are trained in various techniques for influencing people. Accute pain (controll of the mind over the body) is used to seperate beast from human.
there are several types of spice dependant 'psychics';
the navigators, who can warp space addicted to spice gas.
the mentat, who have a superanalytical mind addicted to spice elixir or snuff.
The mothers: fremen bene gesserith offshoot, take the potent/toxic water of life as initiation requiring controll over internal biochemistry.
the Kwizzach Hadderach aka Muad Dib : supreme being singular male with abilities of bene gesserith and more such as universal awareness. (Muad Dib is premature, thanks to Lady Jessica's selfish love, and seen by the BG as more an anti-KH.)

That's it AFAIK. the doctors are just conditioned mentally.
Anyone staying on Arrakis long enough or consuming spice regularly will become dependant on the substance. A tradeoff is a faster mind, longer life and visions.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: July 28, 2009, 08:56:57 am »

Guys, this is the thread for talking about the devlog and upcoming updates.  Please take this long winded discussion of Dune elsewhere.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: July 28, 2009, 10:00:02 am »

I really can't wait for the next version, the layered flesh will be awesome -way more complex than a sim game.
i will amass a giant robot army, with silver skin and molten glass flowing through their veins, and then i will make them able to spit/vomit acid on their enemies, just so i can have them invade my very dwarvern defenses.
then i might make a few engravings about it for the lulz.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: July 28, 2009, 10:08:49 am »

Here in Florida we get 90+ temperatures all the time.  But down here everyplace has an air conditioner, even the crummy budget rental places have a window unit. Probably not the same up there.

All I can advise is to drink alot of water, and if you can try to set it up with the fans that air comes in one side of the apartment and leaves from another.  That should help it seem a bit cooler than it actually is.  Closing the drapes can help keep the hot sunlight from getting in too, but that might not work out so well if you try to keep the air circulated.

My AC broke down once last summer and it took a week to get it fixed, the heat's no picnic, and I'm used to it.  Hate to be you folks that actually see snow now and then in the same heat.

P.S. Checking the weather channel it says 105 in Oregon, I didn't see what it said for washington, but there going crazy about how it's so much hotter than normal all along the west coast. It's even hotter than I thought up there.  Is it El Niño?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 10:29:22 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: July 28, 2009, 10:45:22 am »

Ike come through about this time (last year?) and we lost power (in Houston) for 11 days.  Holy @#$@# crap it was hot.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: July 28, 2009, 10:50:18 am »

Queshun: Regarding ordering the fortress guard around, how about giving "guard this dwarf" orders? You could possibly asign guards (much like wardogs) to certain dwarves to keep them safe OR to keep them in check when they're about to tantrum. It'd be convenient in those times you send your masons out to build bridges over the chasms and they keep cancelling their tasks due to chasm creatures scaring them away.

Also, magic cure for internal heat: Iced pineapple slices.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: July 28, 2009, 11:14:06 am »

Toady, be glad you don't live in the desert, it can get 120+ there in the summer, and believe me, it feels like a blast furnace when you're outside. My aunt lives in Phoenix, Arizona and I'm from San Diego California myself.

It can and does get into the 100s during the middle of the day there in the summer, most of the time it's in the 90's. We do have the ocean breeze that comes inland that cools things off in the afternoon/evening.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 1065