Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3624589 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #2955 on: July 06, 2009, 05:55:57 pm »

Trolls (and beak dogs) are still in the game, and occasionally a goblin civ will bring them to sieges.  It's just not as common as it used to be.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: July 06, 2009, 06:02:26 pm »

That's the problem.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: July 06, 2009, 06:52:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I know this isn't really a question and I apologize for being rude, but I have to ask Please? and Why?  Making statues look like things is one of the oldest item-related suggestions on the entire list, and I can't imagine would take more than ten minutes of copying over the code for engravings.  Sure it would produce lots of bogus crap like statues of clouds and dwarves surrounded by dwarves, but given the prevalence of statues it would be a step towards immersive art.  If not a stop-gap fix, then when is updating statues and figurines going to make it into development?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:55:17 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: July 06, 2009, 07:03:38 pm »

If you actually read the post you quoted it says 'with all the proper descriptive information', which to me sounds like it is a bit more involved than copy-pasting the engraving code. It sounds like actually reproducing something in statue form.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: July 06, 2009, 07:07:21 pm »

I understand that.  I'm saying, why wait until the great big fancy artwork update is finished, without putting in some kind of placeholder in the meantime?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: July 06, 2009, 07:08:25 pm »

Mmmm...customized statues would be awesome.  Imagine having Elephant statues watching your fort.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: July 06, 2009, 07:55:26 pm »

Mmmm...customized statues would be awesome.  Imagine having Elephant statues watching your fort.

With how uncommon they are now, not all that interesting.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: July 06, 2009, 08:07:57 pm »

But since they're statues, they could be the raving beasts they once were.  Muahaha.

EDIT:  Plus that's one senario(this looks wrong to me) out of SO many possibilties.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: July 06, 2009, 08:51:21 pm »

Please use spoiler tags.  If you look back, Toady already had to edit spoiler tags into an earlier post of yours.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: July 06, 2009, 08:58:00 pm »

I private messaged him about that. He must not be online.

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: July 06, 2009, 11:05:53 pm »

Tell me that with the addition of new, watery underground features, there'll be cave sharks, making meals of smaller creatures.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: July 07, 2009, 12:37:21 am »

Tell me that with the addition of new, watery underground features, there'll be cave sharks, making meals of smaller creatures.

Probably not those specific creatures.  New creatures in general are a "maybe":

Quote from: Greiger
1) With the new underground features have new creatures been added?  Or was it just redoing how they worked without adding any new creatures.

1) Aside from the revealed HFS spoiler, not much or anything, though I'm not done and something might happen -- it probably wouldn't be right to limit all the new venom functionality to the HFS, for example, and things like spiders and scorpions might be updated.

Organ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: July 07, 2009, 06:43:25 am »

Probably not those specific creatures.  New creatures in general are a "maybe":

Quote from: Greiger
1) With the new underground features have new creatures been added?  Or was it just redoing how they worked without adding any new creatures.

1) Aside from the revealed HFS spoiler, not much or anything, though I'm not done and something might happen -- it probably wouldn't be right to limit all the new venom functionality to the HFS, for example, and things like spiders and scorpions might be updated.
Has Toady ever said anything about ever phasing out the "x"men, and replacing them with some less...bland creatures? Or does his like his hybrid hominids just the way they are?
The fight in the dog in your what?

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: July 07, 2009, 06:59:51 am »

Well i like this Hybrid hominids :P . IIRc Toady said that they are still in, in the new Underground and that the Animal-men groups are treated as some sort of (proto-)entity. Some of them get crude weapons too.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:17:54 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: July 07, 2009, 09:50:52 am »

longterm it might be nice to differentiate and rename the Moreau's into different civ types and more interesting names (Basts rather than Catmen, etc)
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 1065