Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3637808 times)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #1845 on: April 27, 2009, 02:22:40 pm »

Hidden Hit Stuff

Unsurfaced magma pipe. Obviusly
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: April 27, 2009, 04:31:14 pm »

I propose color-coding.

Red HFS, Green HFS, Chartreuse HFS, Heliotrope HFS, Robin Egg Blue HFS, et cetera.  This allows for extra creativity points and retains or even enhances the mysteriousness of HFS.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1847 on: April 27, 2009, 04:54:08 pm »

Negative HFS

I like it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: April 27, 2009, 04:54:37 pm »

I propose color-coding.

Red HFS, Green HFS, Chartreuse HFS, Heliotrope HFS, Robin Egg Blue HFS, et cetera.  This allows for extra creativity points and retains or even enhances the mysteriousness of HFS.

And then you'll HAVE to pit the Chartreuse HFS against the Heliotrope HFS in an epic battle. (I wonder how many people will get that?)
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: April 27, 2009, 05:38:47 pm »

I currently use $HFS$ and ‼HFS‼ for the current HFS myself.  There could be more variations now like £HFS£ or ¢HFS¢.  Though the forum does have colors now, might as well use them.

Am I the only one who got the pokemon reference a page back?  Or am I just playing it more than a 26 year old should?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:40:54 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Pruvan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: April 27, 2009, 06:00:30 pm »

For the HFSs, I think using the same name for everything will help avoid all confusion!
I propose calling it Charles.
I don't see dicks...  I'd hate to ask people to point them out.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: April 27, 2009, 06:18:21 pm »

Hey guys, I'm not levelling accusations or anything, but on second glance I think the photo with the shoe was shooped.  I can't quite put my finger on what, though...

So, what was scamps originally holding?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 06:34:37 pm by Qmarx »

PMantix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: April 27, 2009, 06:33:35 pm »

Yeah that photo has been edited,

Look at Scamps elbow and look at the left side of the shoe..   the whole thing doesn't even line up.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: April 27, 2009, 06:33:43 pm »

I love coming back here every 2 weeks and seeing how much work is done, much more OMFGAWESOME than checking every hour. Like I used to o.o ...

Also, Scamps is like my cat! Except mines a kitten... But he still runs up my leg and knocks everything possible over, OH and ambushes me whenever I go around a corner, or wake up to find him on my chest ¬_¬.

A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: April 27, 2009, 07:20:49 pm »

Nice hole in your ground. You must have a lot of problems with suicidical elves jumping down from it.
No wait ... that's DF.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: April 27, 2009, 07:28:02 pm »

Am I the only one who got the pokemon reference a page back?  Or am I just playing it more than a 26 year old should?

Nah, I got it.

Also, FS!
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: April 27, 2009, 11:40:21 pm »

Nah, I got it.

Also, FS!

We all got it, just out subconcious blocked out the urge to recognize. It's admitting something they is already known. Every Dfer is a Pokemon Trainer inside!

Chuggler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: April 28, 2009, 02:05:32 am »

I propose color-coding.

We need manlier colours.  When we're playing Frenchman Fortress we can use Chartreuse HFS, until then I'm thinking more Beard Yellow HFS and Goblin-Falling-Into-A-Lava-Trap-With-Superfluous-Bauxite-Spikes-In-It Blue HFS.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: April 28, 2009, 02:37:08 am »

Don't forget cave-adaptation green and pulled-the-wrong-lever red.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: April 28, 2009, 03:09:31 am »

Or <various animals> tallow beige.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 1065