Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3637805 times)

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #1830 on: April 26, 2009, 04:37:30 pm »

an army of warcats that can be butchered into food :3, etc.
And then not only would they adopt dwarves randomly so you couldn't butcher them, but they'd also slaughter your dwarves at random.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: April 26, 2009, 06:13:49 pm »

Underground is shaping up to be super-awesome.... it's going to be fun trying to patch up all the holes that allow invaders get into my fort!

As a side note, is there going to be some kind of mechanic in place to prevent dwarves from simply flooding the entire underworld with limitless water from a brook, like people do with caves now?  It seems a bit too easy to just flood anything right now.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: April 26, 2009, 06:16:56 pm »

I believe that mechanic is called FPS. At least, it's a temporary measure anyway until everyone's computers evolve.

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: April 26, 2009, 09:37:17 pm »

I believe that mechanic is called FPS. At least, it's a temporary measure anyway until everyone's computers evolve.

Your computer evolves?  I have to upgrade mine manually.
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: April 26, 2009, 09:41:37 pm »

So, apparently the next version will have the ability for alchemist's laboratory reactions (among others). Anyone know if there are plans to (at least partially) fix the no sand=no glass vials issue in DF atm? If alchemist's laboratories are going to become more important, even if just for mods, it will be a real pain if it is impossible to build them in no-sand maps.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: April 26, 2009, 11:49:34 pm »

Your computer evolves?  I have to upgrade mine manually.
Yeah, the trick is to keep your computer in the first slot of the party and swap to your second on the first turn of combat.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: April 27, 2009, 02:20:21 am »

I was hoping the 'sites' item would get worked on some this month, but all this time spent only mostly non-specific underground development has got my expectations of subterranean awesome all cranked up.  I just hope it comes out before school starts up again.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: April 27, 2009, 03:59:16 am »

The sites-section consist to big parts of tieing stuff for the underground-feautures. The next month will hopefully sites and the last (subterran-) creatures. The next more interresting stuff will be the "Entity positions" in my opinion.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: April 27, 2009, 09:40:09 am »

fuck yes new hfs
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: April 27, 2009, 09:42:36 am »

oh god I want to know what it is
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: April 27, 2009, 11:16:17 am »

Demons with hordes goblins I suspect. Or some kind of demon city.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: April 27, 2009, 11:43:12 am »

Hidden "Fun Stuff" Fun stuff being various games and stuff like dwarf fortress.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: April 27, 2009, 12:52:08 pm »

the problem is, once we have more than one hidden fun stuff, how do we differentiate between them ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: April 27, 2009, 01:12:02 pm »

It's mind bogglingly mad. MAD I say.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: April 27, 2009, 01:17:21 pm »

That depends on what the new fun stuff is. We could have "Hidden fun stuff" be the original, and spawn clones like "Stinky fun stuff", "Creepy fun stuff", "Hidden hot stuff", etc.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1065