Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3635694 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #825 on: March 04, 2009, 11:33:56 am »

A request for Toady: With the new wound system and whatnot going in place, would it be possible for you to fix the bug where caravans bring dead animals in cages to freezing areas? I've even seen polar bears show up dead, and that just doesn't seem right.

Maybe that's not intended to be a bug at all. What's wrong with caravans bring dead animals? They are merchants afterall!  ;D
On a more serious note: The polar bear probably died before the caravan has reached the freezing areas. That's how the caravans work right now, with regard to captured animals....

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 04, 2009, 01:32:17 pm »

A request for Toady: With the new wound system and whatnot going in place, would it be possible for you to fix the bug where caravans bring dead animals in cages to freezing areas? I've even seen polar bears show up dead, and that just doesn't seem right.

Maybe that's not intended to be a bug at all. What's wrong with caravans bring dead animals? They are merchants afterall!  ;D
On a more serious note: The polar bear probably died before the caravan has reached the freezing areas. That's how the caravans work right now, with regard to captured animals....

Two-humped camels would die if the caravan passed through a freezing area, even if it ended up in a scorching desert. Polar bears will die if the caravan passes through a scorching area, even if it ends up in a freezing glacier.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 04, 2009, 01:37:55 pm »

Two-humped camels would die if the caravan passed through a freezing area, even if it ended up in a scorching desert. Polar bears will die if the caravan passes through a scorching area, even if it ends up in a freezing glacier.

All true. However, the game doesn't work that way right now. I usually see dead animals on Cold and Freezing maps, regardless of the type of animal. And it's weather based, so during the summer on a cold map I can get animals from caravans, but not spring, autumn, or winter. I suppose it could also happen on really hot maps, but I'm not sure about that.

I'd just like to be able to get animal shipments on cold maps, even if I am restricted to Elk, Muskox, and Polar bears.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Morberis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 04, 2009, 02:05:56 pm »

Come on Toady, you know you can finish by the end of the month! Wooo

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 04, 2009, 02:09:10 pm »

Note: Currently all traders except for historical people are generated on-site. They do not travel outside of your embark zone. Thus it really is a killing bug, an not merely the traders moving through different biomes. Unless Toady lied on how much the Caravan Arc has been completed, those creatures are generated on-site.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 04, 2009, 02:11:29 pm »

Come on Toady, you know you can finish by the end of the month! Wooo

To my knowledge... even if he finished everything in his "List of remaining Items" I think the next release still isn't there yet.

Or I am very likely confused.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 04, 2009, 02:57:20 pm »

The "List" in the OP of this thread indeed seems to be the countdown to the next major release. I mean, replacing the countdown.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 04, 2009, 04:48:53 pm »

The "List" in the OP of this thread indeed seems to be the countdown to the next major release. I mean, replacing the countdown.

Ahh I see... then the Dev list is until the next Arc is done

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 04, 2009, 06:20:53 pm »

N, the List is stuff that's being done for the next release.  Arcs and releases aren't the same thing.  The next release will include stuff related to the Army Arc, the Combat Arc, the Dungeon Arc, and the Randomization and Raws Arc, but it won't complete any of those arcs.  It will also include a lot of stuff that doesn't fall under any particular arc.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 04, 2009, 07:45:26 pm »

Quote from:  Toady one - dev_log
Three more items, the largest being the bite/punch/kick/wrestle distinction in the natural attack skills/raws. I was considering adding custom combat skills for natural attacks and items at this time, but when I was going through it became pretty clear that it's premature, so I just took down notes for it instead for a later release.

Sounds interresting! Can we ask what your ideas on this are?

More importantly; where is the distinction for a Gore attack?

Tusks are neither punches, kicks, bites or wrestling.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 04, 2009, 08:27:49 pm »

I think barbed wire goes mor in the direction of gore. Tusk are more blunt weapons and maybe piercing. Depending on jaw-strength and Toothdesign a byte could be a gore attack.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 04, 2009, 09:35:13 pm »

I think it would be more like a not very sharp peircing attack that has so much force it just rips right through you.

So it could function as a peircing attack that is very blunt but with a whooping ton of force anyhow.

Taal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 04, 2009, 11:55:35 pm »

Has toady mentioned anything about engraving constructed walls?
Not being able to is probably the one thing I dispise most in this game.

Also, heres to hoping we get to muck around beta testing the creature raws before release. Thats going to take a hell of alot of bug finding.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 05, 2009, 12:31:48 am »

As opposed to engraving constructed walls, directly and simply, I'd really like to see the ability to engrave blocks of stone, and then to take those engraved blocks and use them for whatever purposes.

I suspect that the reason we don't have that ability yet, is because it would require a system of keeping track of those individual engravings (or engraved blocks), that the game can't currently handle (the code, in other words, isn't in place).

Deconstructing engraved + constructed walls, and then rebuilding them (as in, *the assumed possibility that we'd be able to do so*) might have something to do with that.

But I'm just guessing.

One of the reasons I'd like to be able to engrave cut stone is because of the 'ruins factor': When encountering walls that have been dismantled due to war, time, or megabeast, it'd be neat to be able to find loose blocks of stone with engravings on them.

Or just random blocks that are either on their own/out of place, or that have been reassembled out of their original order--possibly by an entirely different civilization/culture that doesn't know what the "pretty pictures" mean.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:40:39 am by SirHoneyBadger »
For they would be your masters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 05, 2009, 10:20:24 am »

Nooo! Toady's Power supply failed!  We must help him!

So does anybody have a portal device so I can teleport to Toady's place and replace the power supply?  Thats the kinda thing I'm in school for after all.

*looks around*

Anyone?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 1065