Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3578422 times)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #795 on: February 28, 2009, 01:12:33 pm »

Argh i hate it when the universe gens earth two times with first earth running 50 years longer. Telling the toady of the second world all the nice stuff we will make up in this 50 years is so totally cheating.

Seriously thought this might have to be tested. Would be pretty interresting if you would know the next 50 years by a "seed clone" only so that you can change a single situation to create a dwarfen utopia.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 28, 2009, 02:59:42 pm »

It's only a matter of time before Toady starts adding Dwarven fetishes.
Actually, it was only a matter of time before someone suggested he did. Now that you have, he probably will.
How about the "I freaking called it!"-medal?
Call it whatever you want, it's still perverted... :o
For they would be your masters.

Pruvan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 28, 2009, 03:30:48 pm »

Argh i hate it when the universe gens earth two times with first earth running 50 years longer. Telling the toady of the second world all the nice stuff we will make up in this 50 years is so totally cheating.

Seriously thought this might have to be tested. Would be pretty interresting if you would know the next 50 years by a "seed clone" only so that you can change a single situation to create a dwarfen utopia.

Our minds are imploding enough on some cases in DF as it is. Don't bring time travel into the picture as well please.
I don't see dicks...  I'd hate to ask people to point them out.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 28, 2009, 04:07:41 pm »

Hm. Temporal distortion by way of seed-knowledge/manipulation shouldn't actually cause the same havoc as in-game time-travel. Since Toady took time out of his day to implicitely state that time travel is a no go, this might be the "next best thing" that could actually make the game even more shiningly perfect.
For they would be your masters.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 28, 2009, 07:11:43 pm »

Our minds are imploding enough on some cases in DF as it is. Don't bring time travel into the picture as well please.
Like how we have cousins who are also grandmothers/fathers?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Dareon Clearwater

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:colorful underwear]
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 01, 2009, 04:32:31 am »

It's only a matter of time before Toady starts adding Dwarven fetishes.
Dwarves are already pretty kinky.  I had my (female) Dungeon Master show up in a cloak, leather gloves, leather high boots, and nothing else.  Never mind the ones that like beds, chains, tallow, whips, and lamprey for their suckers.  I think that adding explicit fetishes would be going overboard.
Needs more tentacle demons for their corrupt intentions.

A cat is fine too.

Rak Orborlegost, cheese maker, has burned to death.

"OH NO! How could this have happened?! What could possibly have caused this?!"
They forgot the safety word!

Like how we have cousins who are also grandmothers/fathers?
"As husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpaw!"
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 02, 2009, 02:30:26 am »

Hate to have to ask, but when's the next answer block?
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 02, 2009, 02:50:41 am »

I'm seeing items get colourful, and I'm wondering: are we going to see a release with half the items done, or is that idea right out?  It seems like the body construction issues are probably separable from the squads and etc, so we can playtest those while the squads code gets written.

I suppose this might have the disadvantage of two save format breaks in quick succession.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 02, 2009, 02:53:01 am »

I'm seeing items get colourful, and I'm wondering: are we going to see a release with half the items done, or is that idea right out?  It seems like the body construction issues are probably separable from the squads and etc, so we can playtest those while the squads code gets written.

I suppose this might have the disadvantage of two save format breaks in quick succession.

Objectively, this isn't a bad idea, as the body system would need some extensive playtesting... but the save compats would be annoying.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 02, 2009, 04:00:25 am »

It sounds like it's out.  Although I'm not sure why breaking save compat is such a big deal -- I'd be totally okay with compat breaks every 3 months or whatever.  Having releases every 3 months would more than make up for it.

stoned funeral

« Reply #805 on: March 02, 2009, 04:52:29 am »

Yea it's not like at this point there's much reason to keep a fortress past a couple years anyway.

Kardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 02, 2009, 09:51:11 am »

I think Toady also broke the maps.  S I think he would have to finish the site features and entity positions before giving us a  partial release anyways.  And by the time he finishes that, the dev list for this release will be nearly complete as it is.  I'm now looking at a late June/Early July.  (Assuming Toady gets 2~3 sections done a month, with map site stuff done in April, and entity done in May)

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 03, 2009, 06:45:49 am »

Yeah, see all the things labeled "Update" or "Handle"?  I'm pretty sure those things were gutted, and don't work at all yet.  So the game as Toady is working on it now is non-functional.  You can't imagine the current version plus all the things Toady is working on, you have to imagine the current version MINUS all the things Toady is yet to update, THEN plus the things he has already updated.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 03, 2009, 11:42:51 am »

Wait, whoa.
Quote from: Devlog
the addition of a situational awareness skill

This has quite a lot of potential awesome. Maybe things like "Shush, I can hear them coming around the corner" and punting them with his hammer as they do.

Or...! Goblins (yes, yes. Or elves.) scuttering around your maze, panicking and unsure where to flee, 'cause they can hear nasty sounds in the shadows.

For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 03, 2009, 01:05:26 pm »

Yeah, see all the things labeled "Update" or "Handle"?
I was thinking more of putting off the squad things and the map feature things until the following release; they seem at first glance to be orthogonal to what's been done so far.  A release sooner means opportunity for the QA team (us) to find bugs in code that Toady wrote one month prior, rather than three months prior.

But it's not like I really have time to play for another couple months anyway, so perhaps I shouldn't care.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 1065