Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3629986 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2009, 10:17:44 am »

Please remember by the time this gets implemented, Barons will have had an actual use that is valuable for several versions. It may not be as easy a choice as you think.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2009, 02:55:26 pm »

The fact that when we players report bugs we're actually taken seriously (unlike, say, reporting bugs in gcc)

Oh come on, if YOU had to deal with thousands of people clamoring that the bug can't be in their code, must be in your compiler, you'd stop caring too after the first hundred turned out to be nutbars.  :D
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2009, 09:05:04 pm »

what kind of nutbar?  :P
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2009, 10:00:10 pm »

The bad kind. The kind you're allergic to.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

tsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2009, 03:19:47 pm »

All I can say is: wow. The first time I played DF I felt like I'd found the Promised Land. Now it's like someone told me that God decided to make heaven cooler just because he can.
...Unless your message is "drvn 2 hsptl 4 snak bite" or something, you seriously DO have the time to spell it out.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2009, 05:40:46 pm »

All I can say is: wow. The first time I played DF I felt like I'd found the Promised Land. Now it's like someone told me that God decided to make heaven cooler just because he can.

God: Hmmmm. What can I add?
God: The answer is . . . Magma!

Today's lesson, God should not play DF.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Chandrasekhar

• Bay Watcher
  • [DIES_WHEN_KILLED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2009, 04:21:04 am »

He already has, in a sense.  One day, in another universe, a coder created a game that would seem to us very similar to DF.  Year after year, the game got more complex and realistic, until the creatures within it achieved sapience.  Eventually, one of the sapient beings within the game, a coder, created a game that would seem to us very similar to DF.  The cycle continued.  We are at the bottom of an infinite chain of simulations, and this forum is dedicated to the effort to continue that chain.

Humans in this cycle create games with playable dwarves.  Dwarves create games with playable elves.  Elves create games with playable humans.  Incidentally, this means that God is an elf, which also means that all of those JRPGs where you kill God give us excellent role models - the hatred of elves is a universal property of sapience.  Such is the nature of existence.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2009, 04:27:31 am »

He already has, in a sense.  One day, in another universe, a coder created a game that would seem to us very similar to DF.  Year after year, the game got more complex and realistic, until the creatures within it achieved sapience.  Eventually, one of the sapient beings within the game, a coder, created a game that would seem to us very similar to DF.  The cycle continued.  We are at the bottom of an infinite chain of simulations, and this forum is dedicated to the effort to continue that chain.

Humans in this cycle create games with playable dwarves.  Dwarves create games with playable elves.  Elves create games with playable humans.  Incidentally, this means that God is an elf, which also means that all of those JRPGs where you kill God give us excellent role models - the hatred of elves is a universal property of sapience.  Such is the nature of existence.
*Brain Explodes*
On topic though, I'm happy to see the new month start. We will get to see the exciting new progress continue!
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2009, 08:10:44 am »

bottomline: Toady must continue coding or the universe will end.
Probably through entropy.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2009, 08:45:18 am »

*does a little spaz thing*

I can't wait to set up a mountain cave (in adventure) and go out hunting for meat... I'v always wanted this in DF :]. ♥☺☻
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2009, 10:01:48 pm »

I can't wait to set up a mountain cave (in adventure) and go out hunting for meat... I'v always wanted this in DF :]. ♥☺☻

Won't be able to do that in this release.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2009, 04:50:50 am »

Oh snap. He removed it. (I'v only checked in on the old list)...

..Also, Somebody define what he means by "Fireball" please?
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2009, 04:54:33 am »

It's probably just referring to fire explosions in general, such as those from ignited booze.
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

DarkSim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2009, 05:27:09 am »

Oh snap. He removed it. (I'v only checked in on the old list)...

Some monsters such as imps, wizards (which you'll never see) and some HFS have an attack that is literally a ball of elf cooking fire.

Also, I love the new list of stuff 'to be implemented'. It feels so much easier to follow than the abstract countdown :D

Find me another game where the dev is prepared to add realistic layering of materials and organs just so we can kill our critters in new and exciting ways?

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 02, 2009, 07:38:55 am »

I don't understand what melting snow is doing in the wounds/combat category... unless there will be snowmen. :) 

:D
Once upon a time, on a strangely named glacier in the Region of Unending Dimensions a child was playing outside near the graveyard stockpile. The little one had been amusing itself with hauling rotten goblinchunks, but the fun was only fleetingly satisfying. While building a playfort out of severed limbs and discarded furniture, the creaking sound of freshly fallen snow trod upon alerts the urchin to a possible ambush victim to thow some snowballs at. It turns out it is only the snowman made earlier and aptly named Frosty.
"'tis Frosty, finally a playmate", she thinks, "Hi Frosty!".
"Mumble, graw..." Frosty Snowman replies unintelligably. Our child is unconcerned, as dwarf children know no fear, "Huh, what? ...Let's play some!"
And the zombie snowman dyes a red smile on it's face with a child-arm in the service of Armok.
END

Maybe it was just a zombie covered in snow as an extra surface covering/tissue layer. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 1065