Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3639300 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15840 on: March 31, 2010, 01:18:44 am »

I deleted many posts, including some that were between other ones and long ones that contained parts of other ones.  I apologize for whatever substantive discussion was a casualty of this process.  TiagoTiago has been banned for actively trying to turn this thread into crap.  Please try to keep it together in here.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15841 on: March 31, 2010, 01:20:46 am »

Sorry Toady. We probably don't deserve you.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Chrispy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15842 on: March 31, 2010, 01:21:27 am »

And here I saw the lock and was hoping there was no more need of this post...  :-(

Thanks for the cleanup Toady.
Quote from: Toady
"This suggestion is very broad."
≡«+large yellow diamond+»≡
On the item is an exceptionally designed image of a diamond in yellow diamond.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15843 on: March 31, 2010, 01:24:16 am »

I don't think I've said much that had more than passing relevance for a few pages anyway.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #15844 on: March 31, 2010, 01:25:41 am »

And here I saw the lock and was hoping there was no more need of this post...  :-(

Ha ha, yeah, the thing could be locked when the new one goes up, but hopefully it will be locked in a dignified state.  I'm still going to answer whatever questions are left in here, soonish.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15845 on: March 31, 2010, 01:26:08 am »

Well, trolls bieng trolls, should have chucked a goblin limb into there for him to chew on. Enough of that though.

Anyways, I was thinking (while I was thinking of making a RP post of sacrificing some icecream of your choice, but decided that kind of post was unneccesary) about ritual sacrifice, you know, sacrificing an animal or someone on an altar. So, would it be possible to make a custom workshop require a certain body part of a specific creature (say, a heart) or a whole living creature or at least the corpse of one?

I know some of what the capabilities are now in the current version as far as modding goes, but I think this is stuff that as been unanswered.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 01:28:25 am by smjjames »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #15846 on: March 31, 2010, 01:26:47 am »

Thanks for that, Toady.

One fledgeling discussion that was somewhat relevant was lost in the purge: do you lot think it would be smarted to start modding immediately after release, or wait until it's stable?

would it be possible to make a custom workshop require a certain body part of a specific creature (say, a heart) or a whole living creature or at least the corpse of one?

I don't think you can demand a living creature, since a creature isn't an item, but since the custom workshops are an extension of the smelter reaction system, you should be able to use limbs or chunks.  I may be wrong about this, though.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15847 on: March 31, 2010, 01:28:53 am »

I don't think the raws will need to be changed much after initial release.

If I were a modder, I'd start as soon as I felt I understood the new mechanics.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15848 on: March 31, 2010, 01:32:13 am »

You haven't seen the previewed raws that Toady revealed months ago have you or any of the other raw stuff he has shown us? Theres quite alot of new raw stuff, ALOT of new stuff. Some of the old stuff will still be there of course.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 01:33:48 am by smjjames »

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15849 on: March 31, 2010, 01:34:56 am »

He said "after initial release". As in, he thinks that after Toady releases the new version, he won't be needing to fix them up very much soon after.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #15850 on: March 31, 2010, 01:38:30 am »

You haven't seen the previewed raws that Toady revealed months ago have you or any of the other raw stuff he has shown us? Theres quite alot of new raw stuff, ALOT of new stuff. Some of the old stuff will still be there of course.

While there's a lot -more- in the raws, a lot of the basic mechanics remain the same.  I've got a bunch of tentative raws ready to go as soon as the release hits, and the only thing that really confuses me is the body material thing.  I can't work out exactly how you would make a body material out of a specific metal or stone rather than METAL_TEMPLATE or STONE_TEMPLATE.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15851 on: March 31, 2010, 01:38:54 am »

Eduren meant the initial upcoming release.  I pretty much agree with him/her, although some raws stuff is likely to change soon after the release (namely venom).

would it be possible to make a custom workshop require a certain body part of a specific creature (say, a heart) or a whole living creature or at least the corpse of one?

I don't think you can demand a living creature, since a creature isn't an item, but since the custom workshops are an extension of the smelter reaction system, you should be able to use limbs or chunks.  I may be wrong about this, though.

Yeah, body parts of living creatures aren't possible.  I think there'll be way to get some body part into a reaction, although choosing which specific body part you want is iffy at best.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15852 on: March 31, 2010, 01:39:28 am »

o_o!

Thanks for that, Toady.

One fledgeling discussion that was somewhat relevant was lost in the purge: do you lot think it would be smarted to start modding immediately after release, or wait until it's stable?

Weren't we not going to get that many specific body parts until there were more uses for them anyway?
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15853 on: March 31, 2010, 01:42:45 am »

I can't work out exactly how you would make a body material out of a specific metal or stone rather than METAL_TEMPLATE or STONE_TEMPLATE.

Rather than using a material from the creature's material list (LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT), you can just set the tissue's TISSUE_MATERIAL to whatever you want.  Usually TISSUE_MATERIAL uses something like LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:FAT, but you could use INORGANIC:LEAD or CREATURE_MAT:DWARF:LIVER instead.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 01:45:58 am by Footkerchief »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15854 on: March 31, 2010, 01:44:43 am »

o_o!

Thanks for that, Toady.

Weren't we not going to get that many specific body parts until there were more uses for them anyway?

Well, Toady already released a screenshot of the way butchering works now in that you will get every organ thats in there, poportional to size I think, so yea monkey heart stew is possible for example.

@Footkerchief: People have mentioned Dwarf Lung men before as an example as well.
Pages: 1 ... 1055 1056 [1057] 1058 1059 ... 1065