Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3639079 times)

Twitch

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15705 on: March 29, 2010, 05:11:50 pm »

I'm picturing early bugs where you could give them replacement limbs without amputating the originals~
I'm picturing never updating if this happens and is fixed
I want one champion with 1000 schimitars
,.nn,.n.,UM.,n.,.,nn
N,,.U|++u|

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15706 on: March 29, 2010, 05:19:44 pm »

i am sure that there will be other things after that bug that will be much more awesome. version 1.0 is  most likely going to cause us all to go unconscious for 12 years.

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15707 on: March 29, 2010, 05:51:33 pm »

Bear in mind that this is only because by version one's release date, we'll all have DF plugged directly into our brains, Neuromancer style. Unconsciousness will be required in order to play it.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15708 on: March 29, 2010, 06:40:38 pm »

Bear in mind that this is only because by version one's release date, we'll all have DF plugged directly into our brains, Neuromancer style. Unconsciousness will be required in order to play it.

Nah. I imagine DF would be taken as a pill.

Probably a pill composed of nanobots that migrate throughout your body, convert excess fat/neoblast cells into more of themselves and finally colonize your mind.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15709 on: March 29, 2010, 06:45:11 pm »

Nah. I imagine DF would be taken as a pill.

Probably a pill composed of nanobots that migrate throughout your body, convert excess fat/neoblast cells into more of themselves and finally colonize your mind.

In a good way, of course.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15710 on: March 29, 2010, 07:03:13 pm »

these nanobots would also mine iron out of your blood cells and manipulate you to ingest small quantities of powdered flux stone for their steel industry

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15711 on: March 29, 2010, 07:12:41 pm »

I am quite seriously eagerly awaiting that day.
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15712 on: March 29, 2010, 07:16:17 pm »

I'll not color this question, because I have a sneaking suspicion it's been asked before, but will it be (or is it currently, and am I just doing it wrong) possible to dump coffins with people still in them into pits and the like?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15713 on: March 29, 2010, 07:23:42 pm »

I am quite seriously eagerly awaiting that day.
Someday VR will be perfected. And it will be AWESOME.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15714 on: March 29, 2010, 07:49:16 pm »

I actually hope we get Mic/headset support first. I want to argue with my dwarves in real time. I think it's the natural extension of the mutually abusive relationships I seem to develop with them.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15715 on: March 29, 2010, 07:56:18 pm »

Of course, even assuming we get that far at that point every modder will need to remove themselves from society for several years just to create a decent mod for the game. Yet still I eagerly await that day...
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #15716 on: March 29, 2010, 08:25:43 pm »

I'll not color this question, because I have a sneaking suspicion it's been asked before, but will it be (or is it currently, and am I just doing it wrong) possible to dump coffins with people still in them into pits and the like?

You phrase it as if the persons will still be alive?

Fairly certain you can't now (deconstructing the coffin building empties the contents, and is a prerequisite to dumping the coffin). Some sort of building it on a stone floor above a magmapipe/bottomlesspit and causing the floor to collapse would do the trick though.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15717 on: March 29, 2010, 08:43:03 pm »

wouldn't the desecration of the coffin still piss of the loved ones?

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15718 on: March 29, 2010, 08:48:16 pm »

Just to be clear, prosthetics aren't in yet:

Ya I should probably go to more effort to announce that I'm thinking someone wants to do things that involve features that aren't in the next version... while talking about features that won't be in the next version...
It seemed obvious until I saw it wasn't.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #15719 on: March 29, 2010, 09:05:37 pm »

wouldn't the desecration of the coffin still piss of the loved ones?

Yep. Sadly awesomeness has a price that must be paid.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.
Pages: 1 ... 1046 1047 [1048] 1049 1050 ... 1065