Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3638902 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15630 on: March 28, 2010, 11:55:40 pm »

Hey, I like the idea of demons mating with hummens to make, I dunno, tieflings or something.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

atomfullerene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15631 on: March 29, 2010, 12:01:13 am »

A couple of people have mentioned needing a number pad to play DF.  Really?  I've never used one (there isn't one on my laptop) and I've done just fine. 

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15632 on: March 29, 2010, 12:10:31 am »

If you don't have a number pad, you have to learn how to remap keys, and it can get confusing when people say "Press * on the numpad".

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15633 on: March 29, 2010, 12:12:57 am »

Are the medical skills moodable? If not, why not? Provide examples.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15634 on: March 29, 2010, 12:13:53 am »

I rarely use the number pad, aside from the page up and down keys which happen to be at the top of the keypad on my laptop.

The keypad does make changing the allowable skill settings for workshops a bit easier, but I've never found a need to use it because the same bindings for the keypad translate to the arrow keys along with the pageup/down, home, and end keys.

Besides, you can always remap the keys to however you want it to be.

Are the medical skills moodable? If not, why not? Provide examples.

That will be interesting to know :)

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15635 on: March 29, 2010, 12:14:55 am »

As far as I know, he never mated with mortals while being a bull, but there could be some such story I don't know of.

Quote from: wikipedia
To punish Minos, Poseidon caused Pasiphaë, Minos' wife, to fall madly in love with the bull from the sea, the Cretan Bull.[6]  She had Daedalus, the famous architect, make a wooden cow for her. Pasiphaë climbed into the decoy in order to copulate with the white bull. The offspring of their coupling was a monster called the Minotaur.

maybe he didn't, but there's at least a precedent in greek mithology

Kinky.

EDIT: This actually raises a question:

Will we see odd "partnerships" beyond the concept of non-hetrosexuality? Different species interacting? I know that ThreeToe did a story that had this as one of the main points - Goblin and Elf, if I do remember.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/eternal_voting.php, number 29.
Ha! I beat Foot!
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15636 on: March 29, 2010, 12:16:46 am »

"This is an artifact relocated shoulder. All workmanship is of the highest quality. On the relocated shoulder are images of worried relatives in gauze."

Somehow, I can't see it working.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15637 on: March 29, 2010, 12:18:16 am »

Footkerchief isn't even online anyways.

Also, Samoorai, what the heck is your avatar suppoused to be? I'm trying to figure it out, other than the girl gasping and saying wow.

nm, its suppoused to be a wolf with big balls, I think.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:20:10 am by smjjames »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15638 on: March 29, 2010, 12:19:51 am »

A racoon with big-ass balls.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15639 on: March 29, 2010, 12:21:45 am »

Thought it might have been a wolf if the girl was suppoused to be red ridinghood, but whatever.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15640 on: March 29, 2010, 12:24:00 am »

It's a figure from japanese mythology, IIRC.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #15641 on: March 29, 2010, 12:25:28 am »

In response to "smallest UMPC capable of running DF": http://www.trustedreviews.com/laptops/review/2007/03/27/Sony-Micro-PC-Vaio-VGN-UX1XN/p1

Yes, you can buy about seven UMID M1's for its price. But it is smaller, while having the same specs. ;)

Let's see, Sony Weird Thing's dimensions, 150x95x35 = 498,750 cubic millimeters

UMID mbook m1: 161x96.5x18.1 = 281,210.65 cubic millimeters

Thinness is worth something, the UMID is VERY slightly wider but only half as thick ;) And way cuter.
Indeed, much cuter. I'd rather rather have a pink netbook that can fit in my back pocket than something that looks like a glorified smartphone.
Why would you carry a netbook in your back pocket?

And I got nothing against glorified smartphones, indeed my current "cellular brick" is only a little smaller than that Sony monster, and I carry it on my belt without problems. One has to wonder why DIDN'T Sony add smartphone functionality to a device so small... I've seen actual "smartphones" larger than that.

Anyway, yes, I agree that it's not "actually" smaller. But I don't think you can actually play DF on the go with the M1 mbook. Not even taking into account the lack of a numpad.

I do on a daily basis, today i was installing magma forges while waiting for good at Dwarf Fortress! Since it's a touchscreen, just having On-Screen Keyboard with it's big ol' numpad buttons totally covers.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15642 on: March 29, 2010, 12:26:26 am »

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #15643 on: March 29, 2010, 12:29:54 am »

"While waiting for food at Olive Garden."
Totally what I said.

Edit: Haha, I'm so accustomed to an "Edit" button that I meticulously searched the page for one to s/good at Dwarf Fortress/food at Olive Garden/ and looked right over Modify like a hundred times.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:31:41 am by abadidea »
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15644 on: March 29, 2010, 12:30:09 am »

Hmmm i wonder if the descripton of the goddes from the devblog had changed uppon arival of that beast. So the poeple believe in the form of the monster while the old skeletal picture remained.
The way it works is as follows:
As long as the Megabeast shares spheres with the god in question, impersonation is possible. The people don't necessarily believe that the demon is the diety's true form, but rather, its earthly body. Just as Zeus' true form was never believed to be a bull, but he turned into one nonetheless to mate with mortals.

corrected
I was at first going to mention when he turned into a golden shower, but decided against it since that was an isolated incident.

As far as I know, he never mated with mortals while being a bull, but there could be some such story I don't know of.
One word.
Minotaur.
Naw, Daedalus had to construct quite the contraption for that woman to do it and she only found herself lusting after the bull after being cursed into it.

Greek Gods>Questionable Latin Somatizing Wizards>Sparkly Vampires>elfsmurf pocahontas from space
rectified
I'd saw the cute animal nose and anime eye'd smurfs aren't worse than sparkly vampires.
Not because of some ranting I feel like doing about everything I hate in the crepuscular books but because dances with smurfs doesn't have the same rabid hordes or people confused about what it really was constantly bringing up their infatuation with it.

EDIT: This actually raises a question:

Will we see odd "partnerships" beyond the concept of non-hetrosexuality? Different species interacting? I know that ThreeToe did a story that had this as one of the main points - Goblin and Elf, if I do remember.
or even gods(true or false) that mate with mortals, fathering potential semi-divine heroes
Demons impersonating gods mating with mortals is more likely, and I would argue even more filled with Win.
I'm picturing a seven legged spider with a human face mark back away from it's head.

A tanuki
Knowing what I do about promiscuous species tanuki win at gang bangs hands down.
Unless maybe if you got a whale involved somehow.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.
Pages: 1 ... 1041 1042 [1043] 1044 1045 ... 1065