Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3638603 times)

gamegreen33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15510 on: March 27, 2010, 05:30:29 pm »

Ideally once we have a stable-enough release, he'll be able to take a break. The poor guy's been working practically every day for like a year and a half. I hope my release day donation goes towards a day at the beach with a professional masseuse or something. Or a toy for Scamps.

He had his break when he caught the H1N1!
Quote from: dogstile
We all know what those elfs are like. they're a couple of guys who are up to no good, making trouble in our neighbourhood. Now you guys got my mum all scared and now i'm moving with my auntie and uncle in bel air!
imagine fighting someone on the street. You guys are going at it...all of the sudden, he hits you in the face with the tips of 5 fingers. What the fuck is he doing? You're confused, he school boys you, you're going to be lost. Match won.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #15511 on: March 27, 2010, 05:32:12 pm »

No those were his sick days, he still has vacation days left.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15512 on: March 27, 2010, 05:35:55 pm »

Ideally once we have a stable-enough release, he'll be able to take a break. The poor guy's been working practically every day for like a year and a half. I hope my release day donation goes towards a day at the beach with a professional masseuse or something. Or a toy for Scamps.

I'm all for Toady getting a break. He deserves it.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15513 on: March 27, 2010, 05:36:29 pm »

Me too, but I don't think he needs to run it by us.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15514 on: March 27, 2010, 05:37:25 pm »

Nah every day is a vacation for him....TOADY is actually an acronym....made up of the first letter of every coding slave he has in his basement....he just whips em every once and a while =P

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15515 on: March 27, 2010, 05:47:28 pm »

I stopped playing back around Christmas when it felt like the release was gonna be any day now, but about two weeks ago I got my vigour back and have been running 3x3 fortresses on what I believe is the smallest device in the world capable of playing DF, an UMID mbook 1 from Korea, it's about the size of an NDS  ;)
How's your FPS on that? never heard of a such a tiny laptop like that before.

It starts out at the limit of 100FPS and tends to drop to ~30 once things really get going, which is officially "plenty playable enough for me." Yes, I know how to trick out Windows XP for performance and yes, the Koreans make some high-quality micro-size computers ;)
That's the same as my laptop is on 4x4 embark. Except this is a full-size laptop running Vista 32-bit (on a 64-bit-capable processor) that apparently "would have cost $1400 but I got a big discount" (I didn't buy it).
If anyone's buying a new computer, I suggest you don't get a Sony Vaio.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15516 on: March 27, 2010, 05:50:10 pm »

I agree that Toady should get a break. He's worked really hard on this release.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15517 on: March 27, 2010, 05:57:41 pm »

Nah every day is a vacation for him....TOADY is actually an acronym....made up of the first letter of every coding slave he has in his basement....he just whips em every once and a while =P
So That would make the "one" in Toadyone a designation, Like ToadyPrime

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15518 on: March 27, 2010, 06:11:32 pm »

Regarding the items put off in this version, will they be worked on immediately following the merge and bugfixes? Or could they be waiting on some future infrastructure (e.g. rope ladders to be included with siege engines and construction/building overhaul)?
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15519 on: March 27, 2010, 06:15:59 pm »

Remember when Toady used to be take 1 week breaks at the end of each month? Now we all flip out if we don't get a dev update every other day.

It'll be a well deserved break after the initial bout of bugtesting.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15520 on: March 27, 2010, 06:26:13 pm »

That's the same as my laptop is on 4x4 embark. Except this is a full-size laptop running Vista 32-bit (on a 64-bit-capable processor) that apparently "would have cost $1400 but I got a big discount" (I didn't buy it).

running Vista
Well there's your problem. Vista sucks up just a ridiculous amount of memory. My laptop's got 4Gb of memory and it still takes up half of that. Makes all my games run a lot slower...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15521 on: March 27, 2010, 06:30:22 pm »

running Vista
Well there's your problem. Vista sucks up just a ridiculous amount of memory. My laptop's got 4Gb of memory and it still takes up half of that. Makes all my games run a lot slower...

What about Windows 7? I have windows vista as well though.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #15522 on: March 27, 2010, 06:33:41 pm »

I stopped playing back around Christmas when it felt like the release was gonna be any day now, but about two weeks ago I got my vigour back and have been running 3x3 fortresses on what I believe is the smallest device in the world capable of playing DF, an UMID mbook 1 from Korea, it's about the size of an NDS  ;)
How's your FPS on that? never heard of a such a tiny laptop like that before.

It starts out at the limit of 100FPS and tends to drop to ~30 once things really get going, which is officially "plenty playable enough for me." Yes, I know how to trick out Windows XP for performance and yes, the Koreans make some high-quality micro-size computers ;)

This computer RAWKS. Unfortunately, I can't really play DF full-screen like that, because since it has no numpad I have to keep the on-screen keyboard open (touch screen so it's actually pretty easy to play that way)
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15523 on: March 27, 2010, 06:37:06 pm »

Man thats a tiny screen.

Anyways, what about Windows 7 performance wise as far as DF goes vs Vista? Someone I know suggested that I upgrade to Windows 7. Microsoft is also no longer supporting Vista and XP for free.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15524 on: March 27, 2010, 06:37:28 pm »

That can not be good for your eyes.
Pages: 1 ... 1033 1034 [1035] 1036 1037 ... 1065