Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3638255 times)

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15435 on: March 26, 2010, 06:58:46 pm »

Now, I'm probably a bit late on the draw, but:

*jaw hits floor*

!!!

YES!

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15436 on: March 26, 2010, 07:06:45 pm »

Should have thought about that earlier and bought a proper computer.

No, the linux release would come out even later???

Silly, Linux has WINE, so it should have no trouble playing the windows version.
(yeah, MAC has boot camp, but... not the same, really)
I don't know if there are issues using boot camp to run DF so this needs more explanation to mean anything to me.

I predict a large increase in take-out/delivery orders. My primary hope is that Chariot is on the ball and will be able to update his graphics set in quick order.

Actually, there's a question: Will Chariot's current graphics set work as is in the new version?
you may need to alter the text file slightly and it won't show any new creatures but basically yes.

*creatures without graphics show up as their letters.

Hopefully the same should be true for the Mayday graphics. Although I actually have Maydays graphics pack version 18 or something (40D11), which should work.
I seriously doubt you're going to need different font files,
but I'm feeling too drained right now to bother explaining why.

From what I heard correctly, the first version of new version will not contain the 40d# material merge. So that would mean that it will not be able to use png support. Meaning mayday's sprites won't exactly work unless you can somehow make them into bitmap.

Course I found out that there's an awesome converting tool called zamzar out there, that's pretty good at converting files.

And as long as you change a few things in the text file. (such as make sure png is changed to bmp) it should all work.
I just threw a layer of pink under my png fonts in photoshop for messing around back in d40.

However Mayday has shown that he can be really speedy about putting up a new zip for the mayday crowd (and if they had ever had any intention of manually plugging his stuff into DF I think we'd see better raws literacy in the posts about the Mayday pack.)

There's really no level of alteration to the fonts that would slow Mayday down. Well, I can think of some bizarre stuff but under the constraints of actual reality none of that will happen.

so, damning cave rivers is too easy, i think i just figured out how to damn up entire cave lakes, drain them and then pump out the water. then i can install... this is going to be so epic!

i really hope that cave lakes can be multi level, or it will stay too easy.
That's exactly the wrong kind of dam. To me it reads like you're going to blight them, which isn't really that far off from the truth but is definitely not the intended writing~

Some people don't like to bring their computer in order to force themselves to do the things they wouldn't be able to do at home. My friend/roommate didn't bring his computer home for spring break so he would be forced hang out with friends and family instead. Ironically, he missed out on a LAN party with friends because he didn't have his computer.
Exactly. Computerless vacation is utterly flawed thinking.

I would say harder. Because every day it will be like  *wakes up* "only x days left!"
I've been complaining about people doing just that for the entire stretch of time up until these last couple of updates.

Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

kiffer.geo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15437 on: March 26, 2010, 07:12:55 pm »

The public beta test for the next iteration of the alpha release is almost upon us.  I think we nee more Greek letters to properly describe Tarn's development cycle.

"Toady would like to thank the very patient Quan-release testers, and it's finally time for larger scale Thnad testing.  Be aware that some features have been postponed due to problems found during Quan testing, and will probably have to wait until the Spazz release or even to the late stages of Floob testing."

In about a weeks time the newest version of Saves to Armok: God of Blood: Chapter 2: Dwarf Fortress will move from closed alpha testing to open alpha testing...
no need for new letters, just open and closed alpha ...

Just think...One day... one GLORIOUS day we may live to see... Dwarf Fortress, open beta!
Imagine the tears of joy...

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15438 on: March 26, 2010, 07:13:28 pm »

Yep, this thread is going to become unreadably spammed in a couple of days. Not, I suppose, that it matters, since there'll no doubt be a new dev thread once the release is out.

Welp, back to running my 2d version fortress into the ground. Man, tantrums were so much harder to control back then. Population 144... population 67 in two seasons.

I'm going to train an entire fortress in doctorin', and then get them to tantrum spiral.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15439 on: March 26, 2010, 07:15:22 pm »

Yep, this thread is going to become unreadably spammed in a couple of days. Not, I suppose, that it matters, since there'll no doubt be a new dev thread once the release is out.
No, in a few days the entire forum will die(except for bug reports) as every last one of us stops surfing the web and simultaneously STRIKE THE EARTH!!!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15440 on: March 26, 2010, 07:30:30 pm »

Actually, it'll be busier than ever, just that the activity will be over in the Bug Reports forum.

Those who remember the first release of 3D will know what that's like.

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15441 on: March 26, 2010, 08:08:42 pm »

so, damning cave rivers is too easy, i think i just figured out how to damn up entire cave lakes, drain them and then pump out the water. then i can install... this is going to be so epic!

i really hope that cave lakes can be multi level, or it will stay too easy.
That's exactly the wrong kind of dam. To me it reads like you're going to blight them, which isn't really that far off from the truth but is definitely not the intended writing~

i can't believe i did that!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 08:10:21 pm by greenwatering »

deathc4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15442 on: March 26, 2010, 08:24:45 pm »

Wont be the first or last person to say this but

FUCK YEAR!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15443 on: March 26, 2010, 08:35:39 pm »

Wont be the first or last person to say this but

FUCK YEAR!

Well, alright... I'm gonna need a hell of a lot of caffeine to stay awake that long, though, much less continue carrying out orders.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15444 on: March 26, 2010, 08:43:03 pm »

I was just about to say, we're not machines man.

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15445 on: March 26, 2010, 08:51:29 pm »

wait, what does "fuck year" mean?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15446 on: March 26, 2010, 09:01:14 pm »

It's the onomatopoeia of a Scotsman being shot in the stomach.

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15447 on: March 26, 2010, 09:19:16 pm »

It's what you get from the stimulation that DF2010 provides - a full year.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15448 on: March 26, 2010, 09:22:35 pm »

No, in a few days the entire forum will die(except for bug reports) as every last one of us stops surfing the web and simultaneously STRIKE THE EARTH!!!
Whats the fortress name?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Saigyou Ayakashi

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Demonic Cherry Tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #15449 on: March 26, 2010, 09:23:40 pm »

Gah, I can't wait to see all the changes while playing. It's one thing to read about a change, it's another to drop magma on it.
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1065