Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3637925 times)

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15420 on: March 26, 2010, 05:07:15 pm »

COMPUTERLESS

VACATION
Hmm... it might be just me, but I can't see these two words fitting together in any way.
Some people don't like to bring their computer in order to force themselves to do the things they wouldn't be able to do at home. My friend/roommate didn't bring his computer home for spring break so he would be forced hang out with friends and family instead. Ironically, he missed out on a LAN party with friends because he didn't have his computer.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15421 on: March 26, 2010, 05:09:05 pm »

I don't think he's talking about actually changing adventure mode. I think he's referring to the input(?) changes that currently result in one or two serious problems playing adventure mode.
Yes i am.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15422 on: March 26, 2010, 05:15:55 pm »

I don't think he's talking about actually changing adventure mode. I think he's referring to the input(?) changes that currently result in one or two serious problems playing adventure mode.
Yes i am.

As released, DF2010 will "work" in adventure mode. Toady will almost certainly fix the d# exposed bugs in adventure mode input by the type DF2010.# is released.

seigenblues

• Bay Watcher
  • bamf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15423 on: March 26, 2010, 05:27:34 pm »

A week!  A week!  one small, week, such blessedly short duration!  Be still my heart.

Quick poll, does knowing that it's ~7 days to DF2010 make the waiting
a) easier
or
b) harder
?

choose one.

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15424 on: March 26, 2010, 05:29:14 pm »

I would say harder. Because every day it will be like  *wakes up* "only x days left!"
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15425 on: March 26, 2010, 05:33:32 pm »

Harder, because of the same reason as the above reply.

Edit: But remember, Toady said "about". So it might be less or more than a week. Less if we're lucky.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15426 on: March 26, 2010, 05:34:14 pm »

For me it's harder because I'll be away from my computer for several days, come next week.

AbacusWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me; I'm a mathematician.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15427 on: March 26, 2010, 05:47:21 pm »

And here I thought it was going to be released the day after I started a new fortress. I haven't played since before Christmas in anticipation of the new version.

Really? I've been playing all the freaking time since Christmas in anticipation of the new version.

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15428 on: March 26, 2010, 05:59:13 pm »

And here I thought it was going to be released the day after I started a new fortress. I haven't played since before Christmas in anticipation of the new version.

Really? I've been playing all the freaking time since Christmas in anticipation of the new version.

me too, mostly because i hadn't really been playing for a few months before i heard about the new release.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15429 on: March 26, 2010, 05:59:53 pm »

We should all partake in something ridiculous to pass the time until launch 
Thank you based dwarf.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15430 on: March 26, 2010, 06:03:18 pm »

"See, this is my new friend: DF2010.  You're not cool enough to be in my friend anymore, Mr. 40D

Miuramir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15431 on: March 26, 2010, 06:06:04 pm »

The public beta test for the next iteration of the alpha release is almost upon us.  I think we nee more Greek letters to properly describe Tarn's development cycle.

"Toady would like to thank the very patient Quan-release testers, and it's finally time for larger scale Thnad testing.  Be aware that some features have been postponed due to problems found during Quan testing, and will probably have to wait until the Spazz release or even to the late stages of Floob testing."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15432 on: March 26, 2010, 06:38:13 pm »

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOMGOMGOMG

Sorry about that, but if 2010 is out in a week, I'll have my Easter Vacation w/o school to play it! Yay!

It's a good thing I didn't give up DF for Lent.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

NFossil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15433 on: March 26, 2010, 06:47:46 pm »

Yeah! ;D

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #15434 on: March 26, 2010, 06:57:30 pm »

best bday present since that biker mice from mars figurine in my fifth aniversary!!

EDIT: wich reminds me, need to do a ratmen fortress!
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1065