Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3637583 times)

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15346 on: March 26, 2010, 10:07:40 am »

It goes Conquest, War, Famine, and then Death. Famine will occur sometime midweek when we're all starved for the new version, desperately F5ing the Downloads page to no avail. The release will of course mean that Death rides again, for many shall die that night.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15347 on: March 26, 2010, 10:09:00 am »

Not by dwarven medical malpractice of course =P

well ok....give em a break...they are new at this to

Leotto

• Bay Watcher
  • Rumplord
    • View Profile
« Reply #15348 on: March 26, 2010, 10:09:23 am »

It goes Conquest, War, Famine, and then Death. Famine will occur sometime midweek when we're all starved for the new version, desperately F5ing the Downloads page to no avail. The release will of course mean that Death rides again, for many shall die that night.

Niiiiiiiice~

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15349 on: March 26, 2010, 10:12:20 am »

Of course there will be medical malpractice! Half of us will forget to assign some points to surgery and generic wound treatment!

The other half, you ask? What a good question! The other half will intentionally forget the points just for the bloodshed!
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #15350 on: March 26, 2010, 10:16:19 am »

If the mac version comes out later I think I might strangle someone everyone.

Wine is your friend methinks.  Works fine with the current version on Linux, so it might be worth looking into before the mac port comes out.

Also, *fingers crossed* that the Dwarf Therapist people can update to the new version quickly!  Definitely makes dealing with migrant waves quicker.  Methinks I can deal with it in exchange for a new version though. :P
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #15351 on: March 26, 2010, 10:18:17 am »

Well I use a wine device called Crossover with my Mac. And it works fine with my PC version of DF and it's alot faster than the mac version.

Why is this, I'll never know. So there are plenty of alternative for a mac user to play with thier DF games.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Qiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15352 on: March 26, 2010, 10:19:35 am »

Well I use a wine device called Crossover with my Mac. And it works fine with my PC version of DF and it's alot faster than the mac version.

Why is this, I'll never know. So there are plenty of alternative for a mac user to play with thier DF games.
Not for PPC mac users.  :'(

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15353 on: March 26, 2010, 10:23:47 am »

The horsemen are, in the original book of revelations: conquest, war, famine, and death.  Pestilence got conquest's job in the middle ages, when people realized just how apocalyptic disease could be.
EDIT: Sorry, SirPenguin, didn't see you'd beaten me to the punch.   :-\
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:25:22 am by KillerClowns »
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15354 on: March 26, 2010, 10:25:12 am »

I can't wait for the bugs.

A light bruise on any part of the body will cause medical dwarves to consider all of the patient's skin a lost cause. The doctor then flays the patient alive.

A military dwarf tantrums.  Then becomes completely useless in training as he now refuses to teach anything but throwing.

Cats will wander off into unexplored underworld in their hunt for vermin.  Sometimes pulling aggro on some very dangerous creatures on their way back. (Can double as a feature)

Kobolds will try to steal dwarf bones, while still inside the dwarf.   And succeed.

A bronze colossus will show up at your fortress.  A furnace operator will runoff, grab it, and melt it at a furnace.

You will be able to milk everything, even without the milkable tag.  It just produces _milk.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:32:47 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15355 on: March 26, 2010, 10:25:46 am »

Of course there will be medical malpractice! Half of us will forget to assign some points to surgery and generic wound treatment!

The other half, you ask? What a good question! The other half will intentionally forget the points just for the bloodshed!

This raises an interesting point. If medical practise is very hard to get profficient with, we'll end up with our subjects missing arms because of misdiagnosis and a necrotic spine because of a botched surgery.
As Healthcare is gone and replaced with 7 skills, I'm interested to know how people are going to approach embark. For example:

Mr A puts his points into a profficient surgeon and a profficient surgical cleaner, but with Urist Mcbooksaredumb with 0 points in diagnosis, aren't all the poor sufferers of pandemic miasma inhalation going to have supposedly infected fingers amputated?

Mr B puts his points into Diagnosis and Cleaning, but the surgeon has a barbarians approach to lobotomys?

Mr C puts even points into all the skills, and ends up with a rambling mess with everyone just about knowlegeable enough to hold up a scalple.

Maybe healthcare is supposed to be like this though, as a midgame/endgame challenge that the Golbins haven't provided.
Heroes Of My World.
Astesh Delightinks the Pungent Trust of Towers

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15356 on: March 26, 2010, 10:29:01 am »

The new discussion-based learning may allow them to gain some skill without actually sawing bones.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15357 on: March 26, 2010, 10:33:07 am »

Also, *fingers crossed* that the Dwarf Therapist people can update to the new version quickly!  Definitely makes dealing with migrant waves quicker.  Methinks I can deal with it in exchange for a new version though. :P
It's out of question, i'll find them, because i just can't play without Therapist.
But all we have now is to sit and cool down and wait for the release. ;-(
Finis sanctificat media.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15358 on: March 26, 2010, 10:39:24 am »

The new discussion-based learning may allow them to gain some skill without actually sawing bones.
Well, where will our medical dwarves who are going to teach the newcomers get their experience from in the first place?
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15359 on: March 26, 2010, 10:40:39 am »

It's out of question, i'll find them, because i just can't play without Therapist.

Me neither. I would really like to be able to use it in the next version. Shouldn't be too much stuff to add/change.
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1065