Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3637504 times)

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15315 on: March 26, 2010, 08:47:32 am »

The public beta test for the next iteration of the alpha release is almost upon us.  I think we nee more Greek letters to properly describe Tarn's development cycle.

Leotto

• Bay Watcher
  • Rumplord
    • View Profile
« Reply #15316 on: March 26, 2010, 08:47:59 am »

This is exciting!

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15317 on: March 26, 2010, 08:50:45 am »

I think we need more Greek letters to properly describe Tarn's development cycle.
Buahahaha. ;D

Anyway, YAY! Also, that'll give us the opportunity to go bug-hunting and see those bugs resolved in a short time.
Man, that is exciting!

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15318 on: March 26, 2010, 08:52:44 am »

1 week!  HUZZAH!

Qiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15319 on: March 26, 2010, 08:52:55 am »

Quote from: Toady One The Great in the devlog
The current situation is that I expect a (buggy!) Windows release in about a week, with the 40d# merge commencing at that time (or within a few days of the release). This is a bit of a change of plan, since I was originally going to release for all operating systems at once, but I feel like I'm going to get even more bogged down if I don't do it this way and the initial pre-merge release will give us a control to work with in the same way that 40d can be compared to 40d#. The initial merge release shouldn't take too long though, and it will be the top priority aside from the worst catastrophic crashes and things of that nature. I know the merge changes make the game playable for many of you when it otherwise isn't.

Yay!

:-\ :'(

Leotto

• Bay Watcher
  • Rumplord
    • View Profile
« Reply #15320 on: March 26, 2010, 08:54:12 am »

I think we nee more Greek letters to properly describe Tarn's development cycle.

There's nothing before Alpha, and Gamma(Γ) comes after Beta(β)…
I can't see an opportunity for expanding there; maybe if you pretend it loops and use Omega(Ω) but…

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15321 on: March 26, 2010, 09:02:36 am »

Quote from: Toady One The Superiorly Great in the Deviog
The current situation is that I expect a (buggy!) Windows release in about a week, with the 40d# merge commencing at that time (or within a few days of the release). This is a bit of a change of plan, since I was originally going to release for all operating systems at once, but I feel like I'm going to get even more bogged down if I don't do it this way and the initial pre-merge release will give us a control to work with in the same way that 40d can be compared to 40d#. The initial merge release shouldn't take too long though, and it will be the top priority aside from the worst catastrophic crashes and things of that nature. I know the merge changes make the game playable for many of you when it otherwise isn't.

Coolness!!! :) :) I would agree with you on that a pre merge release would act as a control to give us a baseline to measure the post merge release from.

I hope this truly means that it will be released next week sometime.

Also, this gives a real deadline to those that still have forts running, we have a week or so to go before the forts all commit ritual seppuku to transcend to the next version!

MathijsBuster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15322 on: March 26, 2010, 09:06:42 am »

Quote from: Toady One The Great
The current situation is that I expect a (buggy!) Windows release in about a week

If the mac version comes out later I think I might strangle someone everyone.

*Runs away*
Dwarves: Death from Below!

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #15323 on: March 26, 2010, 09:16:10 am »

.... we have a week or so to go before the forts all commit ritual seppuku to transcend to the next version!

A fitting end for my soap fortress, I am sure. "In the next life, our soap will be valued!" <stab>
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

jfs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15324 on: March 26, 2010, 09:17:10 am »

Quote from: Toady One The Great in the devlog
Fixed a crash related to vermin getting caught in cobwebs, and another series of crashes related to temperature. The conditions for the different landed nobility to be elevated from your fortress population are in the raws now, as are megabeast and semimegabeast and titan attack conditions. They can be set based on population, exported wealth and created wealth. So, for instance, if you run a low-population fort for whatever reason, you can adjust the numbers. This came up during the course of debugging the landed nobility... and it turned out the liaison was not coming back in subsequent years because the visiting dwarf lost the position upon leaving the map... anyway, that's sorted out.

The current situation is that I expect a (buggy!)
Windows release in about a week, with the 40d# merge commencing at that time (or within a few days of the release). This is a bit of a change of plan, since I was originally going to release for all operating systems at once, but I feel like I'm going to get even more bogged down if I don't do it this way and the initial pre-merge release will give us a control to work with in the same way that 40d can be compared to 40d#. The initial merge release shouldn't take too long though, and it will be the top priority aside from the worst catastrophic crashes and things of that nature. I know the merge changes make the game playable for many of you when it otherwise isn't.
What's all that squiggly stuff around the dev log entry?

ToadyOne, Legendary Gamecrafter has arranged at party at Obsidian Devlog
jfs, Student cancels job: Interrupted by party
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 09:18:58 am by jfs »

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #15325 on: March 26, 2010, 09:19:18 am »

I registered to join the party at Obsidian Devlog  :o

Here's to the only computer game I have ever evangelized about to strangers!  :-*
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15326 on: March 26, 2010, 09:24:34 am »

When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a huge sword.

Justice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15327 on: March 26, 2010, 09:30:30 am »

Guess I'd better start designating the adamantine in my current fort...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15328 on: March 26, 2010, 09:30:39 am »

When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a huge flaming sword made of magma.

Fixed that for you :)

If that horseman is war, what was the first one? Peace?

Although I'm wondering what the others were before the second one.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 09:34:07 am by smjjames »

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15329 on: March 26, 2010, 09:32:06 am »

A WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

Best news I've heard in a long time.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1065