Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3635546 times)

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #14775 on: March 21, 2010, 01:52:51 am »

• Dyspnea (shortness of breath) exacerbated by exertion
  • Cough, often persistent and sometimes severe
  • Fatigue
  • Tachypnea (rapid breathing) which is often labored
  • Loss of appetite and weight loss
  • Chest pain
  • Fever
  • Gradual dark shallow rifts in nails eventually leading to cracks as protein fibers within nail beds are destroyed.

And where's "beard-hair loss" after completing that dwarf goes into crazy or berserker mood?
Finis sanctificat media.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #14776 on: March 21, 2010, 01:53:31 am »

COMBO BREAKER!
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14777 on: March 21, 2010, 01:53:42 am »

yes you can do island forts. the problem is to find a island that is small enough to fit into a local map.
Not a problem. ;-)

Plus, according to the most recent devlog, the new version will allow for the entire world to be an island.  Simply gen a smaller/pocket world as an island, and presto!  You have the perfect island fort, as you can control all the other cool features as well.
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14778 on: March 21, 2010, 02:24:49 am »

Woh, Graxy boy, cool it with the posts. 1 at a time! The edit button is your friend!
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14779 on: March 21, 2010, 02:36:49 am »

Considering we can now build staircases from above, does this mean we can build a staircase into a river? if so, how does it affect water in the tile?

You can't build a construction in a square that has more than 1 level of water. So no, you can't build into a river.
I hope it is only unless they're have waterbreathing tag.
Still pretty difficult to build when underwater. The "more than 1 level" test is, I think, mainly a way of ensuring you can't dam a river that burst its banks while wading through the flood. Stationary water should, I agree, let you build walls (but take a much longer time and require special materials, perhaps).

Thirster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14780 on: March 21, 2010, 02:41:07 am »

In looking at this imagehttp://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/imgs/large_island.png further, and i haven't had a chance to check if anyone else is asked this.

The large crater like regions in the main mountain range, are they large extinct volcano calderas? Or am i just going insane and reading too much into the image.

also thank you toady for all your hard work on this masterpiece

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14781 on: March 21, 2010, 02:50:17 am »

Woh, Graxy boy, cool it with the posts. 1 at a time! The edit button is your friend!
Sorry, i thought multiple posts combine into one but surprisingly they don't. ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14782 on: March 21, 2010, 02:53:17 am »

In looking at this imagehttp://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/imgs/large_island.png further, and i haven't had a chance to check if anyone else is asked this.

The large crater like regions in the main mountain range, are they large extinct volcano calderas? Or am i just going insane and reading too much into the image.

No, they're actually areas where the land slopes off into plains.

Volcanoes are features that fit into a single embark tile. 

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14783 on: March 21, 2010, 03:03:41 am »

Yes edit is your friend. While we were at settlements: How do they get placed? Do you use some kind of muir web for finding a good place? Like the manahatta  project does, which by the way features some techs (halfway trough the video) that might improve Worldgen at placing placing plants and wild-live.

Also i know that there is a algorithm for placing streets based on slime-fungus (which looks quite natural) how do you do that?

Its one of the quirks that the algorithm does. Instead of explaining a algorithm to you i link you to it one possible that shows that habit. That said i can envision a way how toady modified the parameters to get real islands. Much like seeding a mountain he seeded the edges of the map with low values perhaps even with 0.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 03:41:41 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Thirster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14784 on: March 21, 2010, 04:37:05 am »

No, they're actually areas where the land slopes off into plains.

Volcanoes are features that fit into a single embark tile. 

yeah but i was talking about massive volcano calderas, where a good portion mountain range has been torn apart. because a couple of them look like they bulge in the center (shown by the rivers and lakes inside the "caldera" running along the edge and not the center). The two bottom most are the best examples

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Toba
^^ that sort of thing
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 04:40:38 am by Thirster »

nogibator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14785 on: March 21, 2010, 06:31:23 am »

but we need more posts.
sorry for bad grammar, not native english speaker

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14786 on: March 21, 2010, 06:34:34 am »

but we need more posts.

POSTS FOR THE POST GOD!
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Leotto

• Bay Watcher
  • Rumplord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14787 on: March 21, 2010, 06:37:35 am »

You guys haven't reached a thousand yet?
You think this is kinderparty? get a goddamn move on!

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #14788 on: March 21, 2010, 06:39:20 am »

Quality, not quantity, is key.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14789 on: March 21, 2010, 06:40:25 am »

but we need more posts.

POSTS FOR THE POST GOD!

TROLLS FOR THE TROLL THRONE!
Pages: 1 ... 984 985 [986] 987 988 ... 1065