Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3634829 times)

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #14400 on: March 16, 2010, 08:47:09 pm »

No, constructions are not engravable, and from my understanding wont be for some time.

Blast. Ok, thanks. In another question, I have a fortress where my military are all marksdwarves and wrestlers. I got sick of my fort piled high with chunks and various limbs of our enemies, where wrestling and crossbows are a bit neater. Do broken bolts get removed over seasons or otherwise degrade? They will never get hauled, is that right?

Also regarding civilian vs military dwarves, any likelihood of dwarves being able to go around always armed or, at least, always armored? This strikes me as a particularly dorfy thing to do ( everyone ready for a rumble, always ), especially in evil biomes........perhaps bad thoughts or penalties to workmanship for dwarves having to work in armors?

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14401 on: March 16, 2010, 08:58:58 pm »

i think spent ammo is like blood/vomit: i think it goes away at the season change.

kernel

• Bay Watcher
  • On the road again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14402 on: March 16, 2010, 09:07:05 pm »

Also regarding civilian vs military dwarves, any likelihood of dwarves being able to go around always armed or, at least, always armored? This strikes me as a particularly dorfy thing to do ( everyone ready for a rumble, always ), especially in evil biomes........perhaps bad thoughts or penalties to workmanship for dwarves having to work in armors?
I would think that bad thoughts would come from having to work in a evil area, and that protection would produce a happy thought.

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14403 on: March 16, 2010, 09:12:49 pm »

does the quality of what a dwarf is wearing affect mood?

i can see how wearing armor could be an ego boost for dwarves, nobles wouldn't want to see others having nicer armors than them like bedrooms, and outdoorsdwarves might get scared in haunted areas without them.

i guess this should go in the suggestions forums.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:18:55 pm by greenwatering »

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14404 on: March 16, 2010, 09:18:50 pm »

does the quality of what a dwarf is wearing affect mood?

I think at one point it did, but that was taken out a while back until getting dwarves to exchange crappy clothes for new ones could be put in.

i think spent ammo is like blood/vomit: i think it goes away at the season change.

Before someone misinterprets this: broken bolts disappear over time (probably at season change), but single whole bolts do not.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14405 on: March 16, 2010, 09:21:55 pm »

the reason i said spent ammo is because it goes for ballista ammo too. i don't know if those have a specific name or not.

Emi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14406 on: March 16, 2010, 09:25:10 pm »

Toady, is it possible that you could start giving major versions (versions that are likely to break compatibility or where the game mechanics change significantly) non-version number names (think Ubuntu's name system) so that we can have an easy way of referring to versions that doesn't risk confusion (like "40d" might)? This would definitely help out on the wiki where we're trying to figure out how to deal with keeping data for different versions. And I'm sure it would help out with mods and utilities to have a nice way to state version aside from the numbers themselves.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14407 on: March 16, 2010, 09:41:48 pm »

Today I was browsing Encyclopedia Dramatica and noticed DF is the featured article and the featured video on the gaming portal.

:o
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14408 on: March 16, 2010, 09:52:49 pm »

Today I was browsing Encyclopedia Dramatica and noticed DF is the featured article and the featured video on the gaming portal.

:o

hm, their page on it was surprisingly not very bad.

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14409 on: March 16, 2010, 09:55:50 pm »

can someone definitively answer this?

The wiki says that rock crystal is found in any kind of rock...
so how come parent civs don't usually have it for trade?

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14410 on: March 16, 2010, 10:01:43 pm »

I play DF for 2 years but have never seen even a single tile of it. Nor any civs had it.

My Duke Consort has just mandated items made form crystal glass... I am thinking about the dwarfiest way to kill him now.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14411 on: March 16, 2010, 10:07:30 pm »

i asked this question  on a different forum, i think a debate could follow.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51163.0

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14412 on: March 16, 2010, 10:12:59 pm »

I play DF for 2 years but have never seen even a single tile of it. Nor any civs had it.

My Duke Consort has just mandated items made form crystal glass... I am thinking about the dwarfiest way to kill him now.

I found it once, stuck it in a stockpile and couldn't bring myself to make crystal glass. Maybe some day I'll mod obsidian to work in crystal glass and make a fortress out of it just to get it out of my system.

Kilo24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14413 on: March 16, 2010, 10:17:30 pm »

P.S. you can't know how to grok something, you either do or you don't. Knowing how to grok is a meaningless and impossible statement.
Wikipedia says to "grok" is to "share the same reality or line of thinking with another physical or conceptual entity" - so knowing how to grok would mean you know how to share the same reality, but are not currently doing so, or something. Also grok is a stupid word.
Hey!  Mock Heinlein and I'll... well, not really care all that much.  Martian New Age communes are not quite the most well-founded of plot devices.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14414 on: March 16, 2010, 10:20:30 pm »

An interesting idea, wonder if it's been asked.

Can a poison be made that changes a victim from one species to another, so as to spread a monster infection (Such a lycantrophy), or on to create a zombie or some species (I can think of a few things that could be modded in to be sure) on death?
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.
Pages: 1 ... 959 960 [961] 962 963 ... 1065