Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3634726 times)

Pathos

Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #14310 on: March 16, 2010, 05:57:47 am »

Toady seems to be about three days away, and we're forty-five pages from 1000! Come on, guys! Last push!

There once was a dwarf named Urist...

( Carry on the story. A single sentence / statement is what works best. )

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14311 on: March 16, 2010, 06:01:01 am »

... who decided to take a nap RIGHT when he needed to be defending the fortress, so...
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14312 on: March 16, 2010, 06:02:47 am »

A Dragon got into the booze!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14313 on: March 16, 2010, 06:04:42 am »

And then Footkerchief went on the FotF thread and said that dragons...
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

HexagonalBolts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14314 on: March 16, 2010, 06:18:38 am »

Please could you release a list of new creature names so that those making tilesets can prepare them in advance?

Unfortunately a lot of people in the Dwarf Fortress user base find the game unplayable without one. I'm aware that you might be hesitant to reveal all of the creatures, but perhaps you could provide the list only to the reliable figures who have made tilesets in the past, and who ask for it in exchange for their secrecy? (I'm sure someone who loves the game enough to make one of the better tilesets is not likely to break such a promise)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #14315 on: March 16, 2010, 06:23:33 am »

Please could you release a list of new creature names so that those making tilesets can prepare them in advance?

Unfortunately a lot of people in the Dwarf Fortress user base find the game unplayable without one. I'm aware that you might be hesitant to reveal all of the creatures, but perhaps you could provide the list only to the reliable figures who have made tilesets in the past, and who ask for it in exchange for their secrecy? (I'm sure someone who loves the game enough to make one of the better tilesets is not likely to break such a promise)

As long as the tilesets we currently have can be quickly adapted to the new version (which is a matter of resolving changed directories at most), I don't think the game will be unplayable for those who need graphics without the tiles for new creatures. Nearly everything in the new version would then remain as graphically facilitated as it would be in the old version.

Will it be so horrible to go underground, and in the middle of your tiles see a Giant Cave Spiderman represented as an "S" instead of a small picture?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 06:25:14 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Pathos

« Reply #14316 on: March 16, 2010, 06:25:58 am »

...appeared to be mammalian, according to tags, and so...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14317 on: March 16, 2010, 06:27:57 am »

WE CAN MILK THEM.

HexagonalBolts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14318 on: March 16, 2010, 06:29:13 am »

As long as the tilesets we currently have can be quickly adapted to the new version (which is a matter of resolving changed directories at most), I don't think the game will be unplayable for those who need graphics without the tiles for new creatures. Nearly everything in the new version would then remain as graphically facilitated as it would be in the old version.

Will it be so horrible to go underground, and in the middle of your tiles see a Giant Cave Spiderman represented as an "S" instead of a small picture?

Aaah ok, I don't know particularly much about the tilesets, I presumed the pictures would be in a different order (or something) and the tileset would be broken

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14319 on: March 16, 2010, 06:33:59 am »

WE CAN MILK THEM.
An army of milkers ran to the booze room, their *adamantine heat suits* on...
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14320 on: March 16, 2010, 06:37:37 am »

^^^ Please cease the spamming.

This question was already addressed:

Quote from: RantingRodent
Is it possible to get a list of the new undergrounds creatures so that graphics packs can get an early start on creating sprites for them?

Nah...  something needs to be kept back for people.  Of course, people can just break out the raws once they download it and enable the arena and spoil everything for everybody.  I don't know.

Anyway, as mentioned above, current graphics sets will only need some minor modifications to be usable in the upcoming version.  Also I doubt Toady's eager to get the artists officially involved in that way.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 06:42:17 am by Footkerchief »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14321 on: March 16, 2010, 06:39:10 am »

Quote from: madjoe5
Will healthcare options cost dwarves money in the economy?

The current economy needs to be obliterated when I start working with the caravan stuff, so I haven't done anything more there.  It's all free.

Go figure...not only has Toady created a kickass game, he's found a way to implement universal free health care!  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14322 on: March 16, 2010, 06:44:15 am »

Quote from: madjoe5
Will healthcare options cost dwarves money in the economy?

The current economy needs to be obliterated when I start working with the caravan stuff, so I haven't done anything more there.  It's all free.

Go figure...not only has Toady created a kickass game, he's found a way to implement universal free health care!  :D

Well it's long been known that Dwarves are heartily Communist.

Haen

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I feel save with Skeleton Harvester.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14323 on: March 16, 2010, 06:52:01 am »

Its not about the existence of such things - its more about how hard it is to achieve such things.

Or how hard to get. The roots of a mountain is kind of the odd one out because granite technically forms the base of the continents and if you dig deep enough....

I think the general idea is that the chain is made out of things that don't exist, because if it doesn't exist, you can't break it!

Yes. The point is they don't exist. The giant slavering beastie is held back by nothing. Which as noted, is unbreakable. And fortunately for everyone involved, he doesn't know it's nothing, and thus isn't there to be broken or (more to the point) hold him back.

As far as I remember nordic mythology correctly, the chain is the reason why these things don't exist. The Gods used all women's beards, all sounds of cat paws etc. for the chain, so there are no cat paws' sounds and no women's beards anymore. ;)
Humanas actiones non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari; sed intellegere curavi.

nogibator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14324 on: March 16, 2010, 07:01:23 am »

WE CAN MILK THEM.
An army of milkers ran to the booze room, their *adamantine heat suits* on...

...dragon doesen't like it. not-one-bit...
sorry for bad grammar, not native english speaker
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1065