Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3634416 times)

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #14115 on: March 14, 2010, 11:42:53 pm »

Everyone in the US, do your taxes now !  I imagine we will be very distracted in April

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14116 on: March 14, 2010, 11:43:32 pm »

I would say bearded. I just can't picture any dwarf without a beard. It's like an elf not being a pansy.

I feel similarly, but I find that imagining their hair to be done something like this bridges the gap:

Spoiler: animu (click to show/hide)

I guess that'll work for those who want their female dwarves to be technically beardless. Maybe not so much anime style and more Norse or germanic.

Leotto

• Bay Watcher
  • Rumplord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14117 on: March 14, 2010, 11:45:38 pm »

Thanks for the update!!

Bacu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14118 on: March 15, 2010, 12:02:44 am »

it still isn't doneeeeeefffffffghgggghhhksjksls

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14119 on: March 15, 2010, 12:06:47 am »

Yay update. Anti-yay for a small update, but I am still happy to learn at least alittle.

I second a spring break release, but deep down I know that there is no way for this to become true.... :(  but a man can dream.....

I am mixed over the female dwarf beard debate, mostly because either one will be fine for me, not that is makes too much since females dwarfs don't seem to have them in the new version, or maybe the clean shaven means they shave...not sure.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14120 on: March 15, 2010, 12:07:45 am »

bombcar screams "I must have game!"

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #14121 on: March 15, 2010, 12:10:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This particular dwarf doesn't seem to have any hair at all:
Her hair is clean-shaven.

And there's this, which amuses me:
incredibly quick to heal and susceptible to disease.

So she's stuck in a constant cycle of getting sick / getting better / getting sick / getting better...  Sounds like a call for some nice dwarven ale!  (The solution to all of a dwarf's problems (and for the rest, there's magma)).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14122 on: March 15, 2010, 12:15:24 am »

Yeah, doesn't seem like her hair has color....or have any detail at all at this point. Interesting, well it was one of those old pics that Toady posted awhile We can hope that those details have improved, but it doesn't really matter too much at this point.

edit: We need new/newer screen shots in the screen shots page on the site, those darn 2d DF pics need to be replaced with atleast some from 3d DF...also im sure that features pages will take on major changes if it is updated after the new version.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 12:19:01 am by Vugor »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14123 on: March 15, 2010, 12:20:38 am »

Yea the update is a bit small, but if theres nothing real noteworthy going on, besides the lake which could very well be filling a volcano caldera, that COULD mean that we are getting close to the release.

That combined with the rest of what he said makes it seem even more like we are pretty close to release.

@Vugor: That was early on before he had ironed it out, I'm sure you'll notice an overabundance of olivine as a preference. I'm sure there will still be dwarves with wierd hair quirks.

nogibator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14124 on: March 15, 2010, 12:29:58 am »

guys, don't you think that bearded females would be pretty much gay? there are two major way of picturing dwarves: manly vikings or funny little people, and none of that would be comfortable with manly-looking females.
sorry for bad grammar, not native english speaker

Vugor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14125 on: March 15, 2010, 12:32:13 am »

I'm sure there will still be dwarves with wierd hair quirks.
Stukos has been miserable lately. She got a new hairstyle lately. She talked with some 'friends' lately. She has been made fun of lately. She has complained of the lack of free rooms to run and cry in lately.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14126 on: March 15, 2010, 12:42:12 am »

guys, don't you think that bearded females would be pretty much gay? there are two major way of picturing dwarves: manly vikings or funny little people, and none of that would be comfortable with manly-looking females.

Dwarven courtship would be the extremely delicate process of finding out which gender the other dwarf is. And manly dwarven women do, quite handily in fact, fall into the Funny Little People category. In my opinion, of course.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14127 on: March 15, 2010, 12:44:22 am »

"Gay"? I don't get it.

Female dwarves being bearded doesn't have to change anything about dwarves, except that their sexes are slightly less physically-differentiated... which is probably already true in some ways, compared to humans, in most perceptions.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14128 on: March 15, 2010, 12:49:19 am »

I love how all the dwarves in those old screen-shots love olivine with such an unholy passion that they love it anywhere between two to three times.

.. likes olivine, olivine, olivine ...
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Chandrasekhar

• Bay Watcher
  • [DIES_WHEN_KILLED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14129 on: March 15, 2010, 12:49:52 am »

I guess that'll work for those who want their female dwarves to be technically beardless. Maybe not so much anime style and more Norse or germanic.

All that's important is that the hair is tied under the chin to maintain the dwarven aesthetic without sacrificing femininity.
Pages: 1 ... 940 941 [942] 943 944 ... 1065