Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3634220 times)

AbacusWizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust me; I'm a mathematician.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #14025 on: March 14, 2010, 01:56:52 am »

For example, will we modders be able able to create a toy music box that spews forth a modded-made nerve gas when used?

Ever read Neil Gaiman's 1602?

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14026 on: March 14, 2010, 03:30:32 am »

For example, will we modders be able able to create a toy music box that spews forth a modded-made nerve gas when used?

Ever read Neil Gaiman's 1602?

I guess that I'm now about to.

Also, I can't help but giggle at the innocence of the community members. Using music boxes as weaponry against elves, or against enemies in adventure mode? Surely there are far better ideas, like giving them to red-headed child dwarves. Hence selectively taking out red-headed lineages.

I'm gonna love this genetics business.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14027 on: March 14, 2010, 04:48:20 am »

You're a monster! Redheads are awesome. Down with the blondes!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14028 on: March 14, 2010, 05:55:58 am »

Join date is largely irrelevant. Lots of folks have him beat in that department. Footkerchief is just the resident question-answery-guy.

That was a complement. I'm just not feeling very verbose.

I'd make sweet monkey love to Footkerchief if it would let me know as much about this game as he knows.

That was also a complement.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Mishuitzu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14029 on: March 14, 2010, 06:56:02 am »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #14030 on: March 14, 2010, 07:00:13 am »

I just realized there's nothing in the Hammerer noble raw for next version to say that they actually use hammers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does this mean justice will literally be in the hands of the Hammerer? Or does it mean that we, the player, can determine what weapons she uses (as she is the captain of the royal guard?)

And the burning question: will my leather-clad 'Hammeress' be allowed to use whips instead???
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14031 on: March 14, 2010, 07:04:30 am »

And the burning question: will my leather-clad 'Hammeress' be allowed to use whips instead???

A squad of all-female Hammerers clad in leather skirts and whips would be hilarious.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14032 on: March 14, 2010, 07:05:58 am »

Wow, there's a lot of coy nonsense going on in this thread.  If they're under some sort of non-disclosure they've already broken it, in a sort of 'tee hee I'm not REALLY breaking it, am I?' way.

Still, I guess that one guy who a while back was going on about 'why hasn't he fixed milking it's a 5 minute fix rarrgh gameplay issues are not fixed in favour of beard growing simulators' will be happy

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14033 on: March 14, 2010, 07:38:47 am »

On the forum is an image of a dwarf and dwarves. The dwarf is questioning. The dwarves are conspiring. This relates to the great Milk Conspiracy of 2010.

Beware the purring maggots. Not all milk is enriched.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14034 on: March 14, 2010, 07:49:48 am »

On the forum is an image of a dwarf and dwarves. The dwarf is questioning. The dwarves are conspiring. This relates to the great Milk Conspiracy of 2010.

Beware the purring maggots. Not all milk is enriched.

To obfuscate the true nature of the Milkman. To protect the Milkman at all costs. To destroy all who would harm the Milkman, or threaten to reveal his secret objective.

Darkseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14035 on: March 14, 2010, 07:50:36 am »

I look forward to finding my nobles in the raws and removing the [PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION] token and seeing how many mandates i have to violate to get them beaten

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14036 on: March 14, 2010, 10:09:09 am »

Here's a question: Since the HFS has been completely redone (at least according to the wiki), does this mean no more adamantium?
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14037 on: March 14, 2010, 10:11:37 am »

Here's a question: Since the HFS has been completely redone (at least according to the wiki), does this mean no more

as far as i know, you just dig down far enough and you'll find it eventually. dig down deeper and you'll find the clown car.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14038 on: March 14, 2010, 10:26:04 am »

I just realized there's nothing in the Hammerer noble raw for next version to say that they actually use hammers.

Does this mean justice will literally be in the hands of the Hammerer? Or does it mean that we, the player, can determine what weapons she uses (as she is the captain of the royal guard?)

As much as I would love being able to designate an execution weapon. (Executioner's Swords anyone?)  I imagine [RESPONSIBILITY:EXECUTIONS] implies hammer use.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #14039 on: March 14, 2010, 10:32:51 am »

As much as I would love being able to designate an execution weapon. (Executioner's Swords anyone?)  I imagine [RESPONSIBILITY:EXECUTIONS] implies hammer use.

Toady One has stated that the hammerer item is currently busted and doesn't make sure that hammerers do use hammers. I took that to mean that there should be a tag that tells the hammerer what to use, but it doesn't/didn't work yet.

Quote from: SirPenguin
And what do you mean about the Hammerer being busted? That's just a temporary thing, right?
... Yeah, hopefully the hammerer being busted is a temporary thing.  I need to get item information working so that they actually use hammers and stuff.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 1065