Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3634231 times)

greenwatering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #14010 on: March 13, 2010, 10:37:05 pm »

He knows the answer from a reliable source.
yeah, but from where? we still haven't gotten an answer.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14011 on: March 13, 2010, 10:40:30 pm »

so what's everyones favorite part of the new release? mine is the new underground.
I would say machinery or the new smoke, but neither of those made it into the list so the underground.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14012 on: March 13, 2010, 10:55:10 pm »

I don't have a quote, but I swear I remember Toady saying he'd fixed large milkable animals - maybe it was when he was still doing the countdown?  Or perhaps just early on in this thread?

Edit: actually, as of Feb. 4th (http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=30026.msg1012311#msg1012311) it seems milking is still broken.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 10:58:41 pm by Sunday »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14013 on: March 13, 2010, 11:09:31 pm »

Then why did Aquillon say that milking is fixed now and footkerchief said it was authoritative or confirmed?:

Correction:  It is now possible to milk cows, donkeys, horses and camels.

Do you have a source for that, or are you just blowing smoke?

It's authoritative.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14014 on: March 13, 2010, 11:27:01 pm »

Likely because they are alpha alpha testing for Toady to find crashes and bugs for Toady to fix.

Don't bother asking them if they are. Alpha alpha testing, I assume, involves non-disclosure agreement.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14015 on: March 13, 2010, 11:28:02 pm »

Then why did Aquillon say that milking is fixed now and footkerchief said it was authoritative or confirmed?:

Correction:  It is now possible to milk cows, donkeys, horses and camels.

Do you have a source for that, or are you just blowing smoke?

It's authoritative.
On the forum is an image of a dwarf and dwarves. The dwarf is questioning. The dwarves are conspiring. This relates to the great Milk Conspiracy of 2010.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14016 on: March 13, 2010, 11:31:35 pm »

On the forum is an image of a dwarf and dwarves. The dwarf is questioning. The dwarves are conspiring. This relates to the great Milk Conspiracy of 2010.

In this case, "The dwarves are refusing the dwarf."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14017 on: March 13, 2010, 11:33:40 pm »

Likely because they are alpha alpha testing for Toady to find crashes and bugs for Toady to fix.

Don't bother asking them if they are. Alpha alpha testing, I assume, involves non-disclosure agreement.

It doesn't help anybody to start a rumor of something that is fixed which isn't.

Also, lol@ Innominate.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14018 on: March 13, 2010, 11:42:00 pm »

so what's everyones favorite part of the new release? mine is the new underground.
From the wiki: Dwarves will now fill up their quivers properly - they will not go into combat with 1 bolt in their quiver if they can help it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14019 on: March 13, 2010, 11:49:15 pm »

The new body system, the underground, and arena mode are all high up on my list. Arena mode especially, because it'll make modding in critters way easier.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14020 on: March 14, 2010, 12:20:14 am »

Many can infer from this statement that my speculation is correct. If there really is a non-disclosure on it though, I'd suggest to say no more. I imagine that people may get pestersome for some answers.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14021 on: March 14, 2010, 12:52:52 am »

Many can infer from this statement that my speculation is correct. If there really is a non-disclosure on it though, I'd suggest to say no more. I imagine that people may get pestersome for some answers.

Actually it should be "The dwarf is refusing the dwarves", but eh, enough nitpickery on that.

Anyhow, we are certainly getting close to the release and Toady always answers questions whenever possible.

I wouldn't be real surprised if he was one of the testers since Footkerchief kind of has an unofficial mod/mentor/senior forum member (and I mean rank not age) status around here.

Edit: Just checked his join date and it was maybe a year before I joined, so yea I'm probably exaggerating somewhat here on his status, just a TINY bit of exaggeration.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 01:02:36 am by smjjames »

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14022 on: March 14, 2010, 01:18:56 am »

Humbug on the join date.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14023 on: March 14, 2010, 01:31:53 am »

Join date is largely irrelevant. Lots of folks have him beat in that department. Footkerchief is just the resident question-answery-guy.

That was a complement. I'm just not feeling very verbose.

bombcar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14024 on: March 14, 2010, 01:33:01 am »

Actually it should be "The dwarf is refusing the dwarves", but eh, enough nitpickery on that.

The dwarf is milking the dwarves.
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 1065