Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 922 923 [924] 925 926 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3633965 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #13845 on: March 11, 2010, 01:40:39 pm »

That would be funny if on every embark, there was a dwarf with an alder guitar. If he dies, the music stops.
A special noble! "The Bard"
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13846 on: March 11, 2010, 01:46:23 pm »

If he dies, the music stops.
Unless you're in a terrifying area.

A special noble! "The Bard"
Yeah! With noble settings so you can change the music to more appropriate themes, when you were being seiged/victorious

Genoraven

• Bay Watcher
  • 4 Ichy Tasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13847 on: March 11, 2010, 02:09:24 pm »

Inter-body romances work fine; it's the intra-body romances that are awkward... especially when they end badly. Breaking up with your heart will break your heart.

No, you really need to look out for the juxta-body romances. Now those are COMPLICATED.
Urist McPeasant cancels point and laugh at Philosopher - Philosopher no longer exists.
Philosopher cancels job: abstractualize existence: interrupted by personal nonexistence.

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13848 on: March 11, 2010, 02:10:32 pm »

Yesss.... YESSSS.... I see green.... At long last....

The day of reckoning is close at hand. Soon.... Soon.... I will be able to abandon my family, work, and schooling once again. Soon the world will bathe in the blood the subjects of amateur dwarf medics who are reassigned as soon as they gain any modicum of skill. Soon, we will delve too greedily and too deep and see what Fun awaits...

Soooon, my preciousss... sooon....

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13849 on: March 11, 2010, 03:16:52 pm »

Now that "souls" are separate from bodies, will ettins eventually have two souls, one for each head? What about hydras? Could possessed moods eventually come from a dead historical figure, former legendary worker of the fortress, or some other spirit temporarily inhabiting the body of your dwarf?
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13850 on: March 11, 2010, 03:42:15 pm »

I'm not completely understanding the 'soul' thing that will be in the new release.

Still though, possessed moods usually imply that they are bieng inhabited by some spirit, whether it comes from a dead sentient bieng, a manefestation of a dwarven god/goddess (like an oracle for example), or mind control by some Elder God. So, yea, the question is a good one.

Edit: You know, if anybody wants to do a final megaproject, they probably should start soon since I have a feeling that any fort bieng played right now (barring boredom or some catastrophy) will actually be the last for this version.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 03:50:11 pm by smjjames »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #13851 on: March 11, 2010, 03:51:21 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's still one soul per creature - the soul work being done for this release is simply the groundwork for more complex soul stuff. The idea that such souls might be the source of future possessions did come up in the artifacts DF Talk, I believe, in the "lost section."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13852 on: March 11, 2010, 04:06:23 pm »

Edit: You know, if anybody wants to do a final megaproject, they probably should start soon since I have a feeling that any fort bieng played right now (barring boredom or some catastrophy) will actually be the last for this version.

I played my first fort in many, many months about four days ago. Made it self-destruct two days ago. I'm not making another until the new version.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 04:18:16 pm by Orkel »
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Leotto

• Bay Watcher
  • Rumplord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13853 on: March 11, 2010, 04:12:07 pm »

Souls right now are very dwarfy, and not elfy at all.
They just keep track of possessions as in items.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13854 on: March 11, 2010, 04:23:15 pm »

I played my first month in many, many months about four days ago. Made it self-destruct two days ago. I'm not making another until the new version.

Suit yourself. :)

I'm in the proccess of doing a 141x141x-15 (the -15 is in zlevels) cube in preparation for a ziggurat that I want to do. I'm using 40 dwarves, 10 are my main miners, the rest are in the mining corps I set up for this, and they are on speed 0. The FPS is taking a hell of a hit, but its moving quickly. Even then, it'll still take a while. I'm somewhere around a third to half done ramping out level -2.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #13855 on: March 11, 2010, 04:51:52 pm »

With the new arbitrary z levels you can make a pyramid so huge you need multiple embarks to build it all.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13856 on: March 11, 2010, 05:10:56 pm »

With the new arbitrary z levels you can make a pyramid so huge you need multiple embarks to build it all.

New mega-project. Bonus points if magma falls down the sides.

Also, I just had an idea; would it be possible somehow to farm hydra heads like GCS with silk?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13857 on: March 11, 2010, 05:13:11 pm »

Also, I just had an idea; would it be possible somehow to farm hydra heads like GCS with silk?

They don't regenerate their heads, so, nope.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #13858 on: March 11, 2010, 05:28:11 pm »

Yet. Be patient :)

Isnt there an OOtS about this, including hydra as a replenishable food source?
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13859 on: March 11, 2010, 05:28:50 pm »

New mega-project. Bonus points if magma falls down the sides. RIVERS OF FUCKING MOLTEN GOLD

I fixed my previous post. I got the idea from this link.

The hell kind of hydra doesn't get at least two additional heads for each one you lop off? Ah well, I guess it'll be good enough.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly
Pages: 1 ... 922 923 [924] 925 926 ... 1065