Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3632975 times)

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #13440 on: March 03, 2010, 09:15:59 pm »

I prefer the little "bugs" that slip by, like carp being about as terrifying as HFS to most people.

I hope that the new release has at least one seemingly inncuous animal that's actually insanely dangerous.

"Armok above! It's a Hoary Marmot, everyone get underground right now!"

According to some predictions I've heard, elephants might be returned to their former boatmurdered glory. Which I'm looking forward to. :D

Due to their size?

Or possibly due to thier large layer of fat/meat over the internal organs.

Also we just may hit the 1000 page mark if we and toady keep this up...
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13441 on: March 03, 2010, 09:21:14 pm »

Is there a tag that determines which attack of a weapon will be used most? Like say, my sword slashes more, but it'll stab once in a while. Also, if a menu for combat (ala the wrestling menu) gets implemented, will we ever be able to choose to stab with my *adamantine side-sword* or to slash with it?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #13442 on: March 03, 2010, 09:25:34 pm »

Is there a tag that determines which attack of a weapon will be used most? Like say, my sword slashes more, but it'll stab once in a while. Also, if a menu for combat (ala the wrestling menu) gets implemented, will we ever be able to choose to stab with my *adamantine side-sword* or to slash with it?

Probably in adventure mode. Dont know about Dwarf Fortress mode.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13443 on: March 03, 2010, 09:34:29 pm »

Probably in adventure mode. Dont know about Dwarf Fortress mode.
I know that it'll be whenever you control a single unit. Don't want to have to spend hours telling every single dorf what to do.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13444 on: March 03, 2010, 10:23:19 pm »

Is there a tag that determines which attack of a weapon will be used most? Like say, my sword slashes more, but it'll stab once in a while.

All edged attacks have equal probability. All blunt attacks have equal probability. Edged attacks are about a hundred times more likely than blunt attacks if the weapon has both. All hardcoded when the weapon raws were revealed, doubt it's changed since then.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13445 on: March 04, 2010, 12:16:08 am »

Is there a tag that determines which attack of a weapon will be used most? Like say, my sword slashes more, but it'll stab once in a while.

All edged attacks have equal probability. All blunt attacks have equal probability. Edged attacks are about a hundred times more likely than blunt attacks if the weapon has both. All hardcoded when the weapon raws were revealed, doubt it's changed since then.

Ahhh... So a realistic warhammer-esque weapon (piercing tip and blunt end) would just be a different rapier... i wonder how we can fix that...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13446 on: March 04, 2010, 12:51:08 am »

Given the dizzying array of bugs he's coming across, I'm starting to wonder if he didn't rewrite at least half the game trying to put this new 'army arc' together.  total speculation, but it'd account for a number of things, including the amount of time involved.  Just hope he finishes up soon...  This is my only hope of containing the costs of my gaming habit :(
Demon of Darkness

Hondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13447 on: March 04, 2010, 01:08:51 am »

The material rewrite is the main cause, I'm pretty sure. It took forever to plan + write and broke things EVERYWHERE.

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13448 on: March 04, 2010, 01:11:55 am »

The material rewrite is the main cause, I'm pretty sure. It took forever to plan + write and broke things EVERYWHERE.

I can believe that, haven't kept up as well as I should have, unfortunately but that doesn't keep me from chompin at the bit.  (patience isn't my strong suit)
Demon of Darkness

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13449 on: March 04, 2010, 02:39:47 am »

Nope, you're wrong. You and everyone else would rather play these bugs because they are fun and FUN. ALWAYS.

So, if the new version is released in its current state, and due to the bugs it wiped your harddrive, destroys your RAM, causes your processor to explode and give you a kidney stone each time you boot it up, you would still play it?  :P
No, fun overloads are like getting a lobotomy so I'd only have the one shot at it.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13450 on: March 04, 2010, 02:56:05 am »

Ahhh... So a realistic warhammer-esque weapon (piercing tip and blunt end) would just be a different rapier... i wonder how we can fix that...

Adding a hundred identical blunt attacks should do the trick, although that approach is a little, well, blunt.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13451 on: March 04, 2010, 03:05:55 am »

Adding a hundred identical blunt attacks should do the trick, although that approach is a little, well, blunt.

*rimshot*
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13452 on: March 04, 2010, 03:10:32 am »

*rimshot*
Someone should get on this, sharpish!
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13453 on: March 04, 2010, 03:13:01 am »

That'll be when the next update comes. I assure you, I will be doing this.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13454 on: March 04, 2010, 03:19:39 am »

*rimshot*
I always have to do a little mental shuffle where I remind myself which one rimjob is when I read rimshot. It takes about half a second but I thought I would share the imagery.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.
Pages: 1 ... 895 896 [897] 898 899 ... 1065