Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3632884 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #13425 on: March 03, 2010, 09:30:36 am »

Quote from: Devlog
Military bugs and usability complaints starting tomorrow. Most recently we fixed demons with disconnected lower bodies... burrow deletion... hunter troubles (poor dwarves clubbing with crossbows are pretty good about safety now... hunters always seem to become broken!)... lots of buckets filled with water being scattered around that aren't ever used again because they aren't empty...

Looks like we're moving along with the testing. I know its slow, but progress is progress and like Toady said, I'd rather have a game without any major gamebreaking bugs (of which the burrow deletion sounds like one). Some bugs are expected to slip through of course.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13426 on: March 03, 2010, 11:27:40 am »

Tomorrow, the military have complained of bugs and usability. Recently, we cut holes in the bottom half of the club ... and the Devil Hunter (crossbows !)... great blue sky ... a bucket of water on the loss of important safety issues, most of them, drilled to remove the patches that are understood to prove it - dwarf hunter from the dot ...
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Sourlout

• Bay Watcher
  • L-l-l-ook at you hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13427 on: March 03, 2010, 12:13:10 pm »

Getting so very excited!  ;D

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13428 on: March 03, 2010, 02:20:38 pm »

The scientific thing to do is to go round up a couple of grad students and put them to work on the problem.

Don't forget giving them an acknowledgment in somewhere in the footnotes!
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

jamoecw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13429 on: March 03, 2010, 05:25:21 pm »

Tomorrow, the military have complained of bugs and usability. Recently, we cut holes in the bottom half of the club ... and the Devil Hunter (crossbows !)... great blue sky ... a bucket of water on the loss of important safety issues, most of them, drilled to remove the patches that are understood to prove it - dwarf hunter from the dot ...

well the military is always complaining about something, mosquitoes, wet feet, bad tasting rations.  bunch of whiners they are.

that good, the holes will alter the weight distribution to make for a more powerful swing.

of course devil hunters use crossbows, bullets don't work to well, besides it wouldn't be traditional then.

ya, the sky is a bit bluer than normal today.

whatever happened to keeping around buckets of water i case of fire?  i don't see why someone would remove the patches used to fix them, but to each his own.

i got nothing on the last phrase "dwarf hunter from the dot"  any one else get something?

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13430 on: March 03, 2010, 05:31:44 pm »

Nope, you're wrong. You and everyone else would rather play these bugs because they are fun and FUN. ALWAYS.

Club the dot and rain the sky. Devil hunters are proven with a catapult. Buddy up great.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13431 on: March 03, 2010, 05:34:52 pm »

Nope, you're wrong. You and everyone else would rather play these bugs because they are fun and FUN. ALWAYS.

So, if the new version is released in its current state, and due to the bugs it wiped your harddrive, destroys your RAM, causes your processor to explode and give you a kidney stone each time you boot it up, you would still play it?  :P
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13432 on: March 03, 2010, 05:38:33 pm »

Personally, I'd rather not play a version with game killing bugs. Bizarre stuff is fine, those can be fun, but crashes or bugs that ruin the gameplay (like the buckets sitting around full of water and unusable) would just be annoying.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13433 on: March 03, 2010, 06:12:03 pm »

So, if the new version is released in its current state, and due to the bugs it wiped your harddrive, destroys your RAM, causes your processor to explode and give you a kidney stone each time you boot it up, you would still play it?  :P

Yes.

Once.

Deadbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13434 on: March 03, 2010, 06:15:58 pm »

"What is going on here? Why are these men so thirsty?"

"Sir, we've run out of buckets!"

"What about those over there?"

"Oh, those are filled with water."

"Oh. Then we must make more buckets!"
Quote from: chmod
SEX AND HAPPINESS NOW REPORTING CORRECTLY!

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #13435 on: March 03, 2010, 06:27:21 pm »

I prefer the little "bugs" that slip by, like carp being about as terrifying as HFS to most people.
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

LordStrabo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13436 on: March 03, 2010, 07:26:34 pm »

I prefer the little "bugs" that slip by, like carp being about as terrifying as HFS to most people.

I hope that the new release has at least one seemingly inncuous animal that's actually insanely dangerous.

"Armok above! It's a Hoary Marmot, everyone get underground right now!"

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #13437 on: March 03, 2010, 07:42:46 pm »

I hope that the new release has at least one seemingly inncuous animal that's actually insanely dangerous.

According to some predictions I've heard, elephants might be returned to their former boatmurdered glory. Which I'm looking forward to. :D
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #13438 on: March 03, 2010, 08:09:09 pm »

According to some predictions I've heard, elephants might be returned to their former boatmurdered glory. Which I'm looking forward to. :D

Due to their size?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

toiski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13439 on: March 03, 2010, 08:26:04 pm »

Personally, I'd rather not play a version with game killing bugs. Bizarre stuff is fine, those can be fun, but crashes or bugs that ruin the gameplay (like the buckets sitting around full of water and unusable) would just be annoying.

Crashes and stuff aren't fun, but I could see the bucket bug as amusing. People would be busy designing workarounds for the bug... "If we reroute magma under the bucket, will it evaporate the water?"
Pages: 1 ... 894 895 [896] 897 898 ... 1065