Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3632668 times)

tfaal

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Ello, 'ello!
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #13275 on: February 27, 2010, 07:14:38 pm »

That is assuming, of course, that the NOMEAT and NOBONES tags apply to the new critters, which I don't think is true.
I still think that the whole fortress should be flooded with magma the moment you try dividing by zero.
This could be a handy way of teaching preschool children mathematics.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: February 27, 2010, 08:01:35 pm »

He's got the [NOMEAT] and [NOBONES] tags, so you'd have to take those out as well. As for usasble iron, it depends on whether the "melt item" job looks for a meltable material rather than specific item types.

melt item looks for items that have been tagged for melting, so the question is if the iron man remains could be tagged for melting, and what item size would the iron man remains have?
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: February 27, 2010, 08:20:40 pm »

Well creatures have their tissue layers defined, so either it won't be able to be butchered since it doesn't have the tissue layers that the butcher job looks for, or it'll simply be reduced to it's constituent tissue layers, whatever they may be. I think Toady alluded briefly to making Iron Men hollow rather than solid, so I guess you'd get an iron carapace, plus whatever makes it "go" if butchering works. I couldn't say whether it could be designated for melting.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: February 27, 2010, 08:35:02 pm »

Um wasnt it defined by the material itself if something made out of it is melt-able?
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: February 27, 2010, 09:27:59 pm »

@ the latest Devlog: LOL! Scamps is just too funny with his antics. :)

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: February 27, 2010, 09:45:57 pm »

What made me think were the crashes. Could it be that in the next version the worlds will not be identical anymore if we gen them with the same seeds?
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13281 on: February 27, 2010, 09:49:39 pm »

shouldn't be, else most of the point for remembering the seed goes out the window.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: February 27, 2010, 09:51:47 pm »

Given that some underground features are wholesale removed and that so many new features (a whole new underground, in fact) are about to be added, I'd be more shocked to see the worlds genned from old seeds remain the same.

I'd say it's a safe bet to presume that any changes to the code that affect the substance of worlds will certainly affect world generation.

shouldn't be, else most of the point for remembering the seed goes out the window.

Nah. Worthwhile to remember, say, 40d* seeds for that afternoon one thinks "Wow, I remember how much fun I had with 40d" followed by a reinstall.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:57:47 pm by Aachen »
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: February 27, 2010, 10:00:26 pm »

I mean, it'd be pointless to distribute seeds/worldgen info in new version, if they didn't determine the worldgen fully.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13284 on: February 27, 2010, 10:05:43 pm »

ahhhhhhhhhh. I think I just misunderstood everything in the last couple posts. My bad.
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13285 on: February 27, 2010, 10:08:02 pm »

The worlds shape and outline would be the same. I fear more the history-changes that could happen. Some genes could be crucial for the history. For example someone could marry someone because of the eye or hair-color ("Olon likes the color blue. Olon likes brunette dwarven womans."). If the Gene-seed isnt as "stable" as the other seeds which can lead to some very interresting but unwanted changes. In our example Olon could for example never marry because he never found a brunette blue-eyed dwarfen woman thus he could never had children that would conquer the throne.

Proud to be a Furry.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: February 27, 2010, 10:59:03 pm »

Will floating (such as floor tiles or objects) be implemented in the next version?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13287 on: February 27, 2010, 11:02:31 pm »

I guess floating happens as soon as the water-physics are rewritten thought the material rewrite is a very nice start.

Proud to be a Furry.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: February 28, 2010, 12:02:51 am »

A troubled boy. I'm kind of afraid of his next plan.
Scamps, pet cat has toppled a computer!
Toady One, Developer has lost a masterpeice!
Toady One, Developer is throwing a tantrum!
Three Toe has been struck down!

:-\
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: February 28, 2010, 12:27:34 am »

A troubled boy. I'm kind of afraid of his next plan.
Scamps, pet cat has toppled a computer!
Toady One, Developer has lost a masterpeice!
Toady One, Developer is throwing a tantrum!
Three Toe has been struck down!

:-\
and the resulting tantrum spiral results in the bloody downfall of North America in its entirety
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1065