Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3630948 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12930 on: February 21, 2010, 04:10:34 am »

If there is even a remote posiibility of creating a DRAGON FARM.... Please someone tell me it will be possible? It would be even more epic than mermen and unicorns.

I'm not sure this is exactly what you mean, but it got me thinking... can creatures grow back certain things that aren't body parts per se? Like this dragon pus thing - could you bleed out a dragon a bit, then let it heal and repeat later?

PeterTheEvilBastard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12931 on: February 21, 2010, 04:30:31 am »

What I mean is breeding dragons. Of course, its impossible. But hey, a dwarf can dream, right?

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12932 on: February 21, 2010, 05:31:12 am »

You could make a non megabeast dragon creature and breed them. I know it's less epic but it's the only way (I think).
Meh.

Deadbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12933 on: February 21, 2010, 06:26:03 am »

He he. I actually quite like the unedited stuff of the dftalks. And actually, I'm wondering now:
Would it be feasible for the unedited DFtalk stuff to be placed/posted/available for download somewhere so we can hear the whole thing?
I would think it'd be close to or over 3 hours of straight talking, but it would be fun to hear the little mistakes and interruptions.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 06:28:49 am by Deadbeard »
Quote from: chmod
SEX AND HAPPINESS NOW REPORTING CORRECTLY!

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12934 on: February 21, 2010, 06:30:46 am »

You could make a non megabeast dragon creature and breed them. I know it's less epic but it's the only way (I think).
Perhaps make some sort of minor dragon? More like a really big, fire breathing lizard than an ENORMOUS fire breathing lizard?

That makes me think of a question: Has the pathing AI for flight been fixed/modified at all?
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12935 on: February 21, 2010, 11:27:27 am »

Ok i was thinking a bit and thought that a creature with a sandpaper-like skin would be neat. Similiar to thousands of rats gnawing you to death touching the skin of such a being should rip apart your skin. The question is: Can this be done in the next version and how would the raws for it look?

I guess a poison effect would be ruled out here since it would be more a thing of material properties so a Dwarf would be sanded down while something with a shell or bone-plating would be rather uneffected.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12936 on: February 21, 2010, 11:34:37 am »

Perhaps make some sort of minor dragon? More like a really big, fire breathing lizard than an ENORMOUS fire breathing lizard?

That makes me think of a question: Has the pathing AI for flight been fixed/modified at all?

Perhaps, Wyrms?
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

furrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12937 on: February 21, 2010, 12:04:43 pm »

Ok i was thinking a bit and thought that a creature with a sandpaper-like skin would be neat. Similiar to thousands of rats gnawing you to death touching the skin of such a being should rip apart your skin.

I think the creature you're looking for is called a shark.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark?wasRedirected=true

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12938 on: February 21, 2010, 01:08:57 pm »

He he. I actually quite like the unedited stuff of the dftalks. And actually, I'm wondering now:
Would it be feasible for the unedited DFtalk stuff to be placed/posted/available for download somewhere so we can hear the whole thing?
I would think it'd be close to or over 3 hours of straight talking, but it would be fun to hear the little mistakes and interruptions.

This question would be much more at home in the latest DF Talk feedback thread.

Any modifications have been minor.  The main limitations (fliers can only path the way a walker would) are still present.  This isn't likely to get addressed until Toady works on the "Improved Pathfinder" item from ESV.

Perhaps, Wyrms?

What's the question?  Are you asking whether wyrms are in the next version?

Ok i was thinking a bit and thought that a creature with a sandpaper-like skin would be neat. Similiar to thousands of rats gnawing you to death touching the skin of such a being should rip apart your skin. The question is: Can this be done in the next version and how would the raws for it look?

It can't be done that well, no.  You could create an attack for that creature where it scrapes its skin against the victim, but attacks can't yet cause lots of small wounds at once, and touching the creature (via wrestling, punching, etc.) wouldn't cause your hand to get wounded.

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12939 on: February 21, 2010, 02:14:23 pm »

It can't be done that well, no.  You could create an attack for that creature where it scrapes its skin against the victim, but attacks can't yet cause lots of small wounds at once, and touching the creature (via wrestling, punching, etc.) wouldn't cause your hand to get wounded.

You could give the skin a reasonably high fixed temperature, and then pretend that friction is the reason your dwarves' fists burst into flames when they punch them.

Speaking of which: Fire Imp Bone Gauntlets; why haven't I thought of this before? (The intention, of course, being to burn off your military dwarves' hands so that they start using their bite attacks.)

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #12940 on: February 21, 2010, 04:43:53 pm »

If there is even a remote posiibility of creating a DRAGON FARM.... Please someone tell me it will be possible? It would be even more epic than mermen and unicorns.

I'm not sure this is exactly what you mean, but it got me thinking... can creatures grow back certain things that aren't body parts per se? Like this dragon pus thing - could you bleed out a dragon a bit, then let it heal and repeat later?

Hopefully this will be one of the great engineering questions of the next version and we'll have 20 pages of discussion on how to extract and collect dragon pus efficiently.
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12941 on: February 21, 2010, 04:44:54 pm »

Hopefully this will be one of the great engineering questions of the next version and we'll have 20 pages of discussion on how to extract and collect dragon pus efficiently.

Considering this fandom, it will. That is why I love this place.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12942 on: February 21, 2010, 04:45:56 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can mod megabeasts to be able to breed. At least thats what I've heard from the modding section, not sure if they can keep the megabeast tag at the same time though.

Zared

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12943 on: February 21, 2010, 05:05:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can mod megabeasts to be able to breed. At least thats what I've heard from the modding section, not sure if they can keep the megabeast tag at the same time though.
You can.  They don't reproduce in worldgen, but if you manage to capture a breeding pair in fortress mode, they can have offspring.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12944 on: February 21, 2010, 05:30:47 pm »

Just wondering, is the RSS Feed linked at the dev_now in working condition? I'd rather be automatically updated about Toady's progress rather than hitting F5 every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1065