Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3630926 times)

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12420 on: February 12, 2010, 03:46:59 am »

I'd prefer a more direct punishment for trap spammers, like the traps having a random chance of accidentally misfiring whenever a friendly passes over them.

It might need to be tweaked so as to prevent there being such a thing as a "Caged wagon" though.
I like the sound of this, as long as "friendly" doesn't include your dwarfs (unless they fall on them or sleep there maybe). Maybe a high quality trap could reduce the chances of horrible accidents involving blood and pointy ears while lots of low quality ones would be like a minefield for any would be traders.  ;D
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12421 on: February 12, 2010, 03:53:31 am »

Toady should release on April 25!
Indeed, that would be a great treat for both Anzac Day (Aus/NZ holiday) and my birthday...
Except for the fact that it would be released three months and two weeks from now.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12422 on: February 12, 2010, 04:05:09 am »

Release on April 11th, my birthday. Less than 2 months.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12423 on: February 12, 2010, 04:09:13 am »

It would be awesome if Toady released a HUEG amount of changes on December 21, 2012. And as soon as the first downloader opened it, planet X/aliens/Rick James would pwn humanity.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Apolloin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12424 on: February 12, 2010, 04:20:11 am »

Having jokingly wondered if Toady was going to achieve a 2009 release I'd propose that he at least release before 2011.

Seriously. The patience of the fanbase is somewhat astounding. Right now DF is something of a zen experience - if a game is awesome but nobody can play it, does it really matter?

Mipe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12425 on: February 12, 2010, 04:24:32 am »

Don't forget to breathe. You might not want to suffocate before the release.

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12426 on: February 12, 2010, 04:26:59 am »

...does it really matter?

Are you insane?  Just knowing it exists keeps me from paying good money on the crappy games that HAVE been released.  Hell, just reading the dev notes and thinking about DF is still better than probably 90% of the games that exist.

Testify, people!  Can I get an, Amen!?

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12427 on: February 12, 2010, 04:38:24 am »

Not as long my animal-men worshiping arse is over the ground Pal. Anyway as soon as DF comes out i,by a good chance, will have a satori.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12428 on: February 12, 2010, 04:44:05 am »

Amen to the dude who said DF owns 90% of other games. There are so many things to do!
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12429 on: February 12, 2010, 05:09:53 am »

...does it really matter?

Are you insane?  Just knowing it exists keeps me from paying good money on the crappy games that HAVE been released.  Hell, just reading the dev notes and thinking about DF is still better than probably 90% of the games that exist.

Testify, people!  Can I get an, Amen!?

Amen to that. Ever since I discovered DF, most games just seem like trash to me. I even chase down old games now since only those have real fun (and FUN too). Normally, I would be looking forward to Napoleon Total War, but DF changed that. Hell, I only regularly check this forum and the dev log. Other forums only interest me if they have a Dwarf Fortress thread.

And that last Dev Log entry ... I was on the verge of drooling. Surgery! SURGERY! What other simulation game even HAS surgery? Theme Hospital doesn't count.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

JackAcid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12430 on: February 12, 2010, 05:21:16 am »

And that last Dev Log entry ... I was on the verge of drooling. Surgery! SURGERY! What other simulation game even HAS surgery and magma at the same time?

Edited for awesome truth.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #12431 on: February 12, 2010, 05:26:55 am »

And that last Dev Log entry ... I was on the verge of drooling. Surgery! SURGERY! What other simulation game even HAS surgery? Theme Hospital doesn't count.
Theme Hospital was awesome though. I still remember playing it house-to-house dial-up multiplayer. Another game in my list of "why the hell was it abandoned!?" games. I also have a list of "why the hell didn't they just leave it alone... :'(" games, and unfortunately games tend to move from one to the other...
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Hondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12432 on: February 12, 2010, 05:31:04 am »

Now that we have a way to handle injuries better I want to see more sources of injuries. Dwarves working the forge should have a 1% chance of shattering their fingers from a bad hammer strike.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12433 on: February 12, 2010, 05:32:44 am »

And that last Dev Log entry ... I was on the verge of drooling. Surgery! SURGERY! What other simulation game even HAS surgery and magma and the ability to literally disarm children and whack them to death with them?
Edited the edit.

I CAN SEE FOREVER
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12434 on: February 12, 2010, 06:01:22 am »

I keep thinking that he must be so close, but, like Zeno's paradox, he never reaches the end of the dev.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 827 828 [829] 830 831 ... 1065