Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3631028 times)

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12360 on: February 10, 2010, 10:12:06 pm »

The devlog pretty much does that.  Toady doesn't know what the bugs are until they crop up, and then he fixes them.  Can't really make a list or timeline of stuff you don't know yet.

Have to agree with him. This is bug testing....there's no way to absolutely know what will have to be done overall. Making a sub list would become very messy and difficult to handle cause it would require constant adding and changing. And yes that's what Toady's Dev blog's for. To talk about these small changes, discoveries and updates.

The "list" is a rough summary of the overall things he has to tackle. And while I'm at it....

All the bug testing that's going on roughly falls in the "Any Remaining Tests" section if I recall correctly. And  as I stated in my perdiction that would take several weeks to cover over all. Cause we're talking about having Zach test out all the features Toady added over the last year and a half. Even though I said it would take probably 3 weeks in my estimations, I'm now going to say there could be a chance it might be longer...

But I'm still going to hold strong to my predicted time of the release for now. Though I think there may be a good chance my "week estimation" will be off. Though there's still time, so we don't know....

But as far as my estimation went, the latest I anticipate the release coming to is around March 14th. (Could be longer, but as I said I made my prediction and thus stand by it.)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 10:20:09 pm by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12361 on: February 10, 2010, 10:13:06 pm »

Handle a few  misc. bug reports and minor interface requests that have arisen

Iirc toady has somewhere mentioned that he has accumulated some hundred Bugs (Mayor, minor, and cosmetic ones) so the list for this little point above would be rather long i guess.

Correct me please if i am wrong.

I knew it!  It's the Mayor's fault!

Damn mayors...

I think I'm going to go complain to one right now!

Dekon shouted at someone in charge and felt a little better afterward

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12362 on: February 10, 2010, 10:25:09 pm »

Sooo..... the Ides of March huh? ET TU BRUTUUUSSSS!!! lol, just bieng random, don't mind me.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12363 on: February 10, 2010, 11:06:44 pm »

Toadster,

Are the bug fixes/etc. stuff you've been working on these last couple of weeks contributing to the dev list items?

I ask because it's been awhile since any of those items were updated, and I wasn't sure if bug fixes like this fell in the "Any Remaining Tests" item, or if this is all extra work before you tackle the last category.

I pondered the same thing, but I think it is more of "Handle a few misc. bug reports and minor interface requests that have arisen", although idk if what Zach notices when he is testing is a "report"

Hondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12364 on: February 10, 2010, 11:11:59 pm »

It's all stuff that has to get done, whether it's on a list or not. You should just ignore the final category at this point.

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #12365 on: February 10, 2010, 11:20:42 pm »

Will dyed cloth use the RGB values defined in the color tokens, or will it still default to the closest default color?

It's still stuck with 16 colors...

Oh well. Sorry for the repeat question, there'd be a lot of pages to go back through to find it.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12366 on: February 10, 2010, 11:29:21 pm »

march 14th?!
that's like 32 days from now!

HOW EVER WILL WE MANAGE

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12367 on: February 10, 2010, 11:32:29 pm »

Not going to green this because it's not really relevant to the release.

How will tissue tags interact with surgery? STRUCTURAL presumably implies a tissue needs splinting, VASCULAR might imply a need for wound dressing and suturing, and things lacking either tag could be skipped over entirely (so we don't have surgeons attempting to repair hair, teeth and nails, for example).

Secondly, will bad diagnosticians ever make really bad diagnoses? For example, might they determine that a limb should be amputated unnecessarily (over-diagnose), that a they had a lung injury when the dwarf was actually poisoned (mis-diagnose) or that a dwarf with a pierced lung is perfectly fine (under-diagnose)? Would better diagnosticians (experienced doctors supervising the 'interns' perhaps) re-evaluate a diagnosis if they perceived it was inaccurate, or would the first diagnosis be final, much like the first trade appraisal is?

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #12368 on: February 10, 2010, 11:51:18 pm »

I think in version 1, that moody doctors should go and dig up some corpses,
 sneak them inside, then make a monster.
I think the mood should be passive, and they will work on their 'project' over the course of a few months.
Eventually, it will be named after the dwarf that creates it.
Urist's Monster or Urist's Shambler should be fine.
Something of that sort.

If you want more crazy stuff to happen,
 put up a 'mad doctor shack' near a hilltop outside.
Make sure there is a lightning rod and a ton of spare mechanisms,
 in the case that they become extra creative.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

JackAcid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12369 on: February 11, 2010, 12:43:13 am »

I just was thinking...
If a medic dwarf isn't so altruist and the fort get various injured and wonded dwarves will the medic got a lot of bad toughts and die of melancholy?

No, he'll become crippled in one leg, get hooked on gnomeblight, and constantly harass his assistant medical dwarves with snarky comments. HHS.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jpwrunyan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12370 on: February 11, 2010, 04:04:53 am »

@outcast orange

That was an awesome milk-through-your-nose suggestion.
I'm also totally against it.
Still awesome though.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12371 on: February 11, 2010, 04:18:43 am »

Quote from: PostV1 Arcs
CONTROL A WIZARD ENTITY: Not just one of those guys that backs up the team and shoots fireballs, but run something more like a dwarven outpost and construct your own multilevel tower or other such dwelling. This could include adventure style elements where your wizard is engaged in various activities, as well as larger scale army battles and so on. Randomized creatures could also be introduced as you create your minions, and they should be able to breed and expand outward, perhaps becoming a playable race in either adventure or civilization modes. Related to Bloat134, Bloat147, PowerGoal58 and PowerGoal60.
Quote from: devgoals
Bloat134, WIZARD STUFF, (Future): This bloat was just to remind me about books and all kinds of magic stuff arc.
Bloat147, WIZARD MODE, (Future): Control wizard from tower, etc. See future dev.
PowerGoal58, WHAT WERE WE THINKING, (Future): You are sent to rescue the prince and princess, who have been captured by the evil wizard. You uncover the sinister and disgusting plot to breed the siblings to form an evil army of mutants.
PowerGoal60, HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF, (Future): You put on a talisman, turn into a werewolf, and your buddy screams, "take it off!", but you can't understand him with your beast mind and soon fill with rage and kill him.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12372 on: February 11, 2010, 06:29:17 am »

I have to say, I really love the description of the surgeon's actions in the dev log.

Wait a second, I almost have it! 

No, that's not right

Well, everyone knows that an excess of blood is unhealthy anyway.

No wonder you're feeling pain!  You have some bones in your hand!

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12373 on: February 11, 2010, 08:38:19 am »

Quote from: Totaku
But as far as my estimation went, the latest I anticipate the release coming to is around March 14th. (Could be longer, but as I said I made my prediction and thus stand by it.)

I certainly hope that is not the case. I'm hoping for the release to be around Feb 28th.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

JackAcid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12374 on: February 11, 2010, 08:40:09 am »

Quote from: Totaku

I certainly hope that is not the case. I'm hoping for the release to be around Feb 28th.

I can make it until then, but it's going to be at least a DOZEN 'just one more until the save files are obsolete' forts until then.
Pages: 1 ... 823 824 [825] 826 827 ... 1065