Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3631047 times)

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12345 on: February 10, 2010, 07:24:26 pm »

I will, too, but I'm waiting until we can specify the relative frequencies for the attacks.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12346 on: February 10, 2010, 07:33:43 pm »

I will, too, but I'm waiting until we can specify the relative frequencies for the attacks.
I'm fairly sure that you can. Couldn't find the quote though, sorry

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #12347 on: February 10, 2010, 07:36:55 pm »

Last we heard from Toady slashing/piercing attacks will be the default. So you probably don't want to give your war hammers spikes unless you want them to be used more as picks most of the time.

Hopefully that'll get fixed when he does more combat arc stuff.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12348 on: February 10, 2010, 07:41:46 pm »

I'm fairly sure that you can. Couldn't find the quote though, sorry

It weighs the edge attacks 100 to 1 against the blunt ones, so you'll see an equal number of thrusts and slashes, but fewer pommel/flats.  It does make training look a little weird though.  I didn't want to get too far into it this time since the overall system there is going to be adjusted for opportunity numbers, most likely, and I'm not sure what I'll need.

There were no relative frequencies in the weapon raw preview, so I guess it's hardcoded. For now.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12349 on: February 10, 2010, 07:49:01 pm »

Will dyed cloth use the RGB values defined in the color tokens, or will it still default to the closest default color?

It's still stuck with 16 colors:

Quote from: Footkerchief
Will the next version display proper material colors for all items?  In last year's raws preview, mineral raws still had a DISPLAY_COLOR tag, but that seems seriously obsolete.  I did find a dev log reference (several weeks before the preview) to "color/symbol stuff for items/buildings made from materials," so I'm not sure what the deal is.

I don't get "proper" here.  Do you mean RGB colors?  The stuff being fed through the grid system rather than the creature tile system is still heavily constrained.  I don't expect that to be handled until item display gets decoupled from the font tiles.  If you mean using the 16 color approximation to the RGB material color, then it should use that for items.  Minerals can still be weird because when they are a wall, you can't rely on the material's color, as background colors come up.

Also, someone mentioned dyed leather. I haven't been following this thread very closely- is that something we can do now?

If you mean this post, I'm pretty sure that was just made up for the sake of the example.  There hasn't been any mention of that getting implemented.  There's a suggestion for it though.

Will we be able to customize our adventurer's appearance?

Not yet.

Quote from: wilsonns
Will be possible to edit the adventurer apperance or at least know about his apperance?

You can look at yourself and others.  Changing the appearance would be an interface to write, which isn't the end of the day.  You should certainly be able to customize yourself later on, at least in one version of the start setup (versus historical scenarios or whatever), since it's good to be able to be whatever you want to be.  It'll probably depend on prodding or just me eventually doing it.  Since you pick out where you are from first, it'll probably be constrained by the entity/race settings, with options to break convention or something.  Breaking reality (ie making a blue-skinned human) is more difficult because of how the appearance variables are indexed, and there might even be some issues there with breaking out of entity stylings, though I don't think there are.

jpwrunyan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12350 on: February 10, 2010, 08:23:33 pm »

apologies if this has been asked but
will a painful surgical experience give a dwarf bad thoughts?  To the point of tantrum insanity?  Also, was chronic pain in or not?

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12351 on: February 10, 2010, 08:23:53 pm »

Toadster,

Are the bug fixes/etc. stuff you've been working on these last couple of weeks contributing to the dev list items?

I ask because it's been awhile since any of those items were updated, and I wasn't sure if bug fixes like this fell in the "Any Remaining Tests" item, or if this is all extra work before you tackle the last category.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12352 on: February 10, 2010, 08:28:23 pm »

apologies if this has been asked but
will a painful surgical experience give a dwarf bad thoughts?  To the point of tantrum insanity?  Also, was chronic pain in or not?

Chronic pain is already in, in the form of amputees going unconscous from pain.

Still though, you've gotta remember that they didn't have any anestcetic (sp?) in those days. At most, they would have been given some strong beer or something.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12353 on: February 10, 2010, 09:01:12 pm »

Also, was chronic pain in or not?

I cannot remember... Did Toady fix the Phantom wound forever for this release?

I don't think he's fixed it yet, but that IS one of the stated motivations on dev_next for all the wounds/healthcare stuff, so it'll happen.

It's handled now, but it might return briefly and then go away again depending on what happens with healthcare (ie, whether or not there should be a lot of lasting pain -- pain currently dies away never to return).

Todestool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12354 on: February 10, 2010, 09:07:58 pm »

Still though, you've gotta remember that they didn't have any anestcetic (sp?) in those days. At most, they would have been given some strong beer or something.

Hard liquor is the dwarfy way to go, but other painkillers and anesthetics have been in use for thousands of years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/anesthesia), particularly opiates.  I wouldn't mind if having a patient chew on some rat weed would improve their odds of survival, but I would only expect that to counter or eliminate shock effects from extreme pain, which I don't think are currently modeled.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 09:09:55 pm by Todestool »

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12355 on: February 10, 2010, 09:12:29 pm »

I just was thinking...
If a medic dwarf isn't so altruist and the fort get various injured and wonded dwarves will the medic got a lot of bad toughts and die of melancholy?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12356 on: February 10, 2010, 09:47:35 pm »

Any chance we could have a sublist of the problems to be worked out? Just so we have a real list of remaining items, most of the remaining ones are pretty vague.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12357 on: February 10, 2010, 10:00:10 pm »

Any chance we could have a sublist of the problems to be worked out? Just so we have a real list of remaining items, most of the remaining ones are pretty vague.

I second this proposition.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12358 on: February 10, 2010, 10:03:00 pm »

The devlog pretty much does that.  Toady doesn't know what the bugs are until they crop up, and then he fixes them.  Can't really make a list or timeline of stuff you don't know yet.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12359 on: February 10, 2010, 10:04:43 pm »

Handle a few  misc. bug reports and minor interface requests that have arisen

Iirc toady has somewhere mentioned that he has accumulated some hundred Bugs (Mayor, minor, and cosmetic ones) so the list for this little point above would be rather long i guess.

Correct me please if i am wrong.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 1065