Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3631199 times)

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12240 on: February 10, 2010, 12:46:32 am »

Not sure if it's been asked before or not, but just really want it:

Will we be able to breed animals and later turn them hostile, or just simply breed hostile animals. Like, say I capture a few wolves or bears or elephants to breed, raise the children to adults, and then set them in a room to fight with one of my champions. To amuse me.

Also, just wondering if the new version you put up for download, 40d17 or something along those lines, includes the things you've been working on recently (New underground features, etc). I'll edit this post with a link soon.

Edit:This
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12241 on: February 10, 2010, 12:54:42 am »

Also, just wondering if the new version you put up for download, 40d17 or something along those lines, includes the things you've been working on recently (New underground features, etc). I'll edit this post with a link soon.

It does NOT. It's still based on the 40d version.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12242 on: February 10, 2010, 12:57:36 am »

Will we be able to breed animals and later turn them hostile, or just simply breed hostile animals. Like, say I capture a few wolves or bears or elephants to breed, raise the children to adults, and then set them in a room to fight with one of my champions. To amuse me.

Can't you let wild animals reproduce in the current version?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12243 on: February 10, 2010, 01:12:13 am »

Can't you let wild animals reproduce in the current version?

It's phrased a bit awkwardly, but I think he's asking if you can tame animals for easy use and then decivilizing them to make them wild again for whatever reason (ie. hunting practice) afterwards. I'd assume the answer is no.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12244 on: February 10, 2010, 01:43:12 am »

We can now target units to be attacked, correct? Can we target them for Justice activities, such as imprisoning and hammering?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12245 on: February 10, 2010, 01:54:12 am »

I really don't think you'd be able to, nor would it make much sense. They're not even a part of your fortress.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure those are just kill orders.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12246 on: February 10, 2010, 02:06:46 am »

We can now target units to be attacked, correct?
Correct. Though I don't believe we've received any insight as to how one would go about that.
Can we target them for Justice activities, such as imprisoning and hammering?
I reckon that's the sort of thing we can safely assume hasn't been implemented if Toady hasn't said anything. And he hasn't.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 02:10:42 am by Cruxador »

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12247 on: February 10, 2010, 02:12:31 am »

Well, you might end up getting hammers applied as a result of your kill orders...
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

jpwrunyan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12248 on: February 10, 2010, 03:03:05 am »

Well, you might end up getting hammers applied as a result of your kill orders...

Target dwarf under cursor for justice!

TKTom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12249 on: February 10, 2010, 06:01:51 am »

Target dwarf under cursor for justice!

We've been told that we can't target our own Dwarves.

But we know that we CAN target animals. Whether we can target our own animals is the question. I really don't know, the way that things are identified as friendly to your fortress seems very weird.

JohnLukeG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12250 on: February 10, 2010, 06:25:36 am »

I certainly hope there are more varied instances of magma in the next version.  I've always wanted to be able to find an enormous magma chamber or a full layer or two of magma.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12251 on: February 10, 2010, 06:57:58 am »

I certainly hope there are more varied instances of magma in the next version.  I've always wanted to be able to find an enormous magma chamber or a full layer or two of magma.
A magquifer?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12252 on: February 10, 2010, 07:22:43 am »

...which means you will have about 500 statues of triangles, cheeses, donkeys, and that shitty artifact leather thong littering your courtyards so that you could get 10 -statues- of dwarves for your mausoleum.

the beat goes on, i guess?  Something to be said for leaving things to the imagination, lest we demand control of our newfound specificity.

Don't forget recursive, self-referencing statues. "This is a statue of a bear and a mountain. The bear is going over the mountain."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12253 on: February 10, 2010, 09:53:31 am »

I lol'd so hard at the newest devlog. Poor, poor dwarf.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12254 on: February 10, 2010, 09:59:39 am »

...which means you will have about 500 statues of triangles, cheeses, donkeys, and that shitty artifact leather thong littering your courtyards so that you could get 10 -statues- of dwarves for your mausoleum.

the beat goes on, i guess?  Something to be said for leaving things to the imagination, lest we demand control of our newfound specificity.

Don't forget recursive, self-referencing statues. "This is a statue of a bear and a mountain. The bear is going over the mountain."
That's not recursive man.
"This is a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue of a statue depicting a bear and a mountain, a bear is climbing over the mountain."
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.
Pages: 1 ... 815 816 [817] 818 819 ... 1065