Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3631247 times)

Man In Zero G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12195 on: February 09, 2010, 04:15:31 pm »

This is faintly connected to moat issue: Your moat eventually fills with all kinds of stuff (bolts, suidical dwarven babies, etc). There are very little options to retrieve items from bottom. No ledendary swimmer will just dive for that masterwork bolt, no fisherdwarf will try to fish for shoes.

You have to pump water out, carve ramps and let dwarves clean it up. Not really good option. And while 'H'ide option is always there, i know it is still there, my dwarves still know it is there. My cat stares at me judgementally.

That's why I only use MagmaMoats ™.
Quote from: Toady One
Their lack of eyes should stop them from crying.
Just watching dwarves make poor decisions repeatedly as I fix their little minds...
I haven't checked since I'm not doing bugs until after the release (well, I'm doing bugs, in the additive sense).

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12196 on: February 09, 2010, 04:29:59 pm »

I did a search and I'm definetly sure this hasn't been asked before.

Is it possible to set the gestation period for a creature or is it still hardcoded at what seems like 9 months to a year for just about everything? Like say giving Naked Mole dogs a more appropriate gestation period for their short lifespan.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12197 on: February 09, 2010, 04:47:03 pm »

I did a search and I'm definetly sure this hasn't been asked before.

Is it possible to set the gestation period for a creature or is it still hardcoded at what seems like 9 months to a year for just about everything? Like say giving Naked Mole dogs a more appropriate gestation period for their short lifespan.

99% sure it's still hardcoded.  As you can see from the cougar raws, you still can't even set maturation times of less than a year
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:54:48 pm by Footkerchief »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12198 on: February 09, 2010, 04:49:50 pm »

Why did you link to some resume notes?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: February 09, 2010, 04:51:45 pm »

Foot, that is not cougar raws. That is a thread about resumes.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12200 on: February 09, 2010, 04:55:43 pm »

Just to clarify a bit, I was asking if it is possible to change the gestation period in the new release, I know you can't do anything in the current version.

Also, the cougar raws for the new version have not been revealed to my knowledge.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: February 09, 2010, 04:55:49 pm »

Thanks, I pasted the wrong link.  Cougar raws are here.

Just to clarify a bit, I was asking if it is possible to change the gestation period in the new release, I know you can't do anything in the current version.

I know what you meant.  In general, if a feature hasn't been mentioned in the dev log, Toady's posts or DF Talk, it's safe to assume it hasn't been implemented.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:00:01 pm by Footkerchief »

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: February 09, 2010, 04:57:24 pm »

He's hinting that we should get jobs

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12203 on: February 09, 2010, 04:59:40 pm »

Thanks, I pasted the wrong link.  Cougar raws are here.

I know what you meant.  In general, if a feature hasn't been mentioned in the dev log, Toady's posts or DF Talk, it's safe to assume it hasn't been implemented.

Ok yea, I see. Toady probably has a bloat or some other dev goal relating to this though, so possibly in the future sometime.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: February 09, 2010, 05:00:20 pm »

Ok yea, I see. Toady probably has a bloat or some other dev goal relating to this though, so possibly in the future sometime.

Turns out it actually was answered before:

Quote from: Kulantan
Will it be possible to change the length and frequency of pregnancies?

Nope, not yet.  There's a minor complicating issue that you have to decide how much impact the caste of the mother and the caste of the unborn child have, and that the caste and even number of children aren't determined currently until they are born.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:06:00 pm by Footkerchief »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: February 09, 2010, 05:06:04 pm »

Guess I should have been a bit more thorough with my search.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: February 09, 2010, 05:29:20 pm »

With regard to nobles:

In the upcoming release, I thought/heard that the player was going to make the monarch's choice as to which dwarf should become baron or count or duke and so on. But the raws have them as [APPOINTED_BY:MONARCH]. If this in fact means that the player picks them, what does that say about the liaison also having the [APPOINTED_BY:MONARCH] tag?

Also, I know Toady said that by going into the raws, the Dungeon Master was going to lose all the personality/preference in-jokes, but does [MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION] mean the Dungeon Master is no longer going to tame, smelt, metalcraft, etc? (It has the TAME_EXOTICS tag, but I'm pretty sure that just means what it currently does: his presence allows you to tame exotics.)

Also. The expedition leader is not [ELECTED], whereas the mayor is. What if the expedition leader dies? Does it default to a certain dwarf? The current version uses the phrase 'chosen to be expedition leader', but I'm not sure about the actual underlying mechanism there.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: February 09, 2010, 05:35:10 pm »

With regard to nobles:

In the upcoming release, I thought/heard that the player was going to make the monarch's choice as to which dwarf should become baron or count or duke and so on. But the raws have them as [APPOINTED_BY:MONARCH]. If this in fact means that the player picks them, what does that say about the liaison also having the [APPOINTED_BY:MONARCH] tag?

Also, I know Toady said that by going into the raws, the Dungeon Master was going to lose all the personality/preference in-jokes, but does [MENIAL_WORK_EXEMPTION] mean the Dungeon Master is no longer going to tame, smelt, metalcraft, etc? (It has the TAME_EXOTICS tag, but I'm pretty sure that just means what it currently does: his presence allows you to tame exotics.)

Also. The expedition leader is not [ELECTED], whereas the mayor is. What if the expedition leader dies? Does it default to a certain dwarf? The current version uses the phrase 'chosen to be expedition leader', but I'm not sure about the actual underlying mechanism there.

Greened for noticability.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: February 09, 2010, 05:41:16 pm »

According to the wiki, in the current version it picks the dwarf with the best social skills, otherwise random.

Ranzear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: February 09, 2010, 05:49:49 pm »

I'm sure this gets asked every 100 pages or so, but what exactly is the 'Hydra Test'?

Will we finally get a Hydra that doesn't die with a single (very likely) headshot? Or is this a wide-band gameplay test with an interesting name?
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1065