Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3631370 times)

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #12135 on: February 08, 2010, 08:42:46 pm »

But would an elephant lymph golem weigh more than a marmot lymph golem?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: February 08, 2010, 08:45:06 pm »

I think this may have been answered before, but I don't remember:

Are there any crafts that can only be created using horns or teeth in this version (I'm talking about vanilla here, I am sure it could be modded as a custom reaction)?  Specifically, I am thinking of drinking horns.

I don't think it has been asked. From the screenshot that Toady did for us and what merchants occasionally bring, it looks like you can do the same stuff with bone and shell. In fact, I believe you can ask for some ivory crafts from the liason or on embark. They actually exist in the current version, but it's like milk, there is no way to actually get it from the creature.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #12137 on: February 08, 2010, 08:45:34 pm »

Additional counter nitpick:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well iir you can use amber and sea-foam now too? And i guess you can make jewellery from horn at least.

Any new Buildings / Building-templates for NPC towns to get more diversity? Its somehow tiring that everyone builds and furnishes the same way. Rules that change a bit from civ to civ and over time could help here thought i should get more details on the issue and make an suggestion right?
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12138 on: February 08, 2010, 08:47:33 pm »

Sea foam? I've never seen that referenced in dwarf preferences.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12139 on: February 08, 2010, 08:53:30 pm »

He's either talking about Sponge Toffee or the the bubbles produced by sea shores..

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12140 on: February 08, 2010, 08:56:32 pm »

Foot will probably find a quote.

There is nothing Footkerchief is incapable of finding. He doesn't actually use the search function, he is the search function gone sentient. When you type something into the search bar, it sends a PM straight to him, and you get instantly redirected to his response. The only reason he waits for you to ask your question before he answers it is out of courtesy.

Questions-wise, if a non-player settlement (let's say human) is right on an opening to the new underground, will it affect the town during worldgen? Also, assuming NPC dwarf fortresses are created in worldgen by having a big cube of land removed and then a few maze-like rooms randomly added to end up with what adventurers find, could these forts potentially be built through the underground?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12141 on: February 08, 2010, 09:01:01 pm »

He's either talking about Sponge Toffee or the the bubbles produced by sea shores..

I know what sea foam is, just never seen it referenced as an object in DF.

I tried to search for foam through the forums and the most relevant is some mentions about styrofoam earlier when that physics discussion was going on.

Edit: Found the reference on the wiki, he's probably seeing the ring icon used for sea foam.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 09:04:59 pm by smjjames »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12142 on: February 08, 2010, 09:29:38 pm »

Foot will probably find a quote.

There is nothing Footkerchief is incapable of finding. He doesn't actually use the search function, he is the search function gone sentient. When you type something into the search bar, it sends a PM straight to him, and you get instantly redirected to his response. The only reason he waits for you to ask your question before he answers it is out of courtesy.
If that were true, the Search Function would function a lot better.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12143 on: February 08, 2010, 09:34:37 pm »

Are there any crafts that can only be created using horns or teeth in this version (I'm talking about vanilla here, I am sure it could be modded as a custom reaction)?  Specifically, I am thinking of drinking horns.

I think the only new items that have been mentioned are the medical ones -- sutures, bandages, crutches, splints, casts, etc.  So probably not.

Well iir you can use amber and sea-foam now too? And i guess you can make jewellery from horn at least.

If by "sea-foam" you mean coral, I think coral and amber have been temporarily removed, but I couldn't find anything definitive.

Any new Buildings / Building-templates for NPC towns to get more diversity? Its somehow tiring that everyone builds and furnishes the same way. Rules that change a bit from civ to civ and over time could help here thought i should get more details on the issue and make an suggestion right?

It wasn't until November that he noticed Adv. Mode towns had been broken by entity/underground rewrites, and he didn't mention working on buildings at all, so I'm guessing no.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12144 on: February 08, 2010, 09:59:51 pm »

Has Toady ever said anything about the new site finder? I believe it has been asked on her at least once.

I also have another question, but I forgot.
Edit: I remember, How exactly will priesthood be handled? Will Urist be angry if his religion isn't represented by any parishioner, but I have a different God being worshiped en masse? Is mass/ceremony implemented at all? Are priests like nobles in any way?

Don't forget ivory (and I think I saw feather at one point).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:05:33 pm by madjoe5 »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12145 on: February 08, 2010, 10:48:00 pm »

Theres going to be dinosaurs and they will properly have feathers to boot, thats probably where you saw the feathers mention.

In the new detailed profile preview Toady did, I spotted horse hoof, so maybe theres that as well.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12146 on: February 09, 2010, 12:08:56 am »

I was going to add something wondering how we would get it, but then I remembered the new butchery system. Awesome.

I just want to know more about the religions in general.  ???
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12147 on: February 09, 2010, 12:21:01 am »

I don't think feathers are inbound.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12148 on: February 09, 2010, 01:09:04 am »

Sea foam? I've never seen that referenced in dwarf preferences.
He's either talking about Sponge Toffee or the the bubbles produced by sea shores.

Hm. Here I thought it was a new product from killing mermaids.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12149 on: February 09, 2010, 01:15:42 am »

Something that just occured to me.

With the new wound system, how do injuries affect a unit's capabilities?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1065