Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3635904 times)

sproingie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #11505 on: January 29, 2010, 03:28:20 pm »

DF always has the most amusing bugs.  I particularly liked "Mayor ordered himself beaten for failing a mandate."
Toady is the man who Peter Molyneux wishes he was

Quote from: ToadyOne
dragon pus was like creamy gold. Infect and collect!

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11506 on: January 29, 2010, 04:12:49 pm »

DF always has the most amusing bugs.  I particularly liked "Mayor ordered himself beaten for failing a mandate."

Dwarven law. NO exceptions!

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: January 29, 2010, 04:59:20 pm »

I like the one that goes: "Stopped giant eagles giving birth in midair."

Though it doesn't address the fact that the newlyborns didn't have enough time to learn to fly.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 05:02:04 pm by LASD »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: January 29, 2010, 05:00:25 pm »

Baby bombs? That's something new for me.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11509 on: January 29, 2010, 05:04:44 pm »

Let's see, Zach's dwarves insisted on drinking from a pond instead of drinking their booze, but he managed to melt a dwarf with magma and have the rest killed by underground beasts within ten minutes, which is positive.
Dwarf Fortress, where goodness is determined by the stylishness of your losing...ness.

Adventure mode was kind of a mess on the other hand... he somehow started with a complete set of adamantine equipment, with which he couldn't injure a mob of leatherclad villagers despite my testing a similar scenario in the arena mode. I didn't ask him why there was a mob after him.
Ask not why you have an angry mob after you, ask why you couldn't kill them all.

Prior to that, they sent him to find a demon at a vague location to get a quest... dunno if that was a bug or not, since I haven't checked the legends. Anyway, more to do.
Wild A** Guessing, the demon is the town's deity.  They sent you to the demon as a sacrifice.  You kill demon.  Town-folks get angry.
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

Cardinal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11510 on: January 29, 2010, 05:17:41 pm »

...the demon is the town's deity.  They sent you to the demon as a sacrifice.  You kill demon.  Town-folks get angry.

That sounds like a good feature request.
Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11511 on: January 29, 2010, 07:23:29 pm »

...the demon is the town's deity.  They sent you to the demon as a sacrifice.  You kill demon.  Town-folks get angry.

That sounds like a good feature request.

More of a power goal.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11512 on: January 29, 2010, 07:33:20 pm »

I'm getting overexcited now.  I keep telling myself that the bug testing is likely to take a LONG time since so very much has been added, but just knowing we're at that stage now keeps making me go all gooey with joy.
Well I think this is a pre-bug-test as the merge was supposed to go smoother and then have the bug tests. Maybe it will all get done now but...

Sounds like a very duty bound mayor to me. Hard to imagine any corruption in that position.

Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: January 29, 2010, 08:17:46 pm »

why not let us have it now so we can enjoy the INSANITY????

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11514 on: January 29, 2010, 08:25:00 pm »

why not let us have it now so we can enjoy the INSANITY????

1) Releases take time to put together
2) Not everyone shares the opinion that wacky bugs have an awesomeface level over 9000
3) If he releases an unplayable bucket of crap, even with a disclaimer that the real release is coming soon, people will get turned off on the entire game or disappointed or whatever
4) It's probably still crashing all over the place
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:28:17 pm by Footkerchief »

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: January 29, 2010, 08:31:02 pm »

Something else I'd like to know: Will weapon material continue to have an impact on the skill of the user? It doesn't seem likely that it will remain the same as in the current version, but if not, will there be a way to add this in, before the Artifact arc?
For they would be your masters.

sproingie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11516 on: January 29, 2010, 09:09:37 pm »

I suspect the "fix" is already in that it doesn't affect the skill of the user.  Thus ThreeToe's problems with slaughtering villagers with adamantine gear.
Toady is the man who Peter Molyneux wishes he was

Quote from: ToadyOne
dragon pus was like creamy gold. Infect and collect!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: January 29, 2010, 09:12:51 pm »

I suspect the "fix" is already in that it doesn't affect the skill of the user.  Thus ThreeToe's problems with slaughtering villagers with adamantine gear.

I think it may have been more than just skill, we don't even know what weapon ThreeToe used. We already know that an adamantine hammer won't be all that effective because it would be lightwieght.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11518 on: January 29, 2010, 09:48:24 pm »

Something else I'd like to know: Will weapon material continue to have an impact on the skill of the user? It doesn't seem likely that it will remain the same as in the current version, but if not, will there be a way to add this in, before the Artifact arc?

Continue to?  As far as I know, weapon quality directly augments skill in the current version's hit rolls, but weapon material only shows up during the damage roll.  Skill also matters in the damage roll, but they don't "have an impact" on each other per se.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 09:56:09 pm by Footkerchief »

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: January 29, 2010, 09:55:54 pm »

So as far as actually hitting the enemy goes, it doesn't matter if you've got wood or steel?
If so, that's great.
For they would be your masters.
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 1065