Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3631502 times)

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #9195 on: December 24, 2009, 01:08:28 am »

a fell mood inducing poison would be great...

i would get a mother to slaughter every single of their children and make bracelets out of their skin! muahaha AHAHA MUAHAHAAAA...!!!!!!

excuse me.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9196 on: December 24, 2009, 03:30:44 am »

Word you are looking for: foo is a metasyntactic variable. Borgle seems to be the one we use here.

PPE: drat, ninja'd
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9197 on: December 24, 2009, 03:52:29 am »

a fell mood inducing poison would be great...

i would get a mother to slaughter every single of their children and make bracelets out of their skin! muahaha AHAHA MUAHAHAAAA...!!!!!!

excuse me.

Artifact creation poison? I don't know if it should come from anything but the most extrodinary of sources.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9198 on: December 24, 2009, 04:02:32 am »

How did you even get ninja'd by that much?

On the contrary, the fell mood poison should be spawned by a otherwise harmless type of hfs. You think it's cool until only one survivor remains, making a dwarf leather bracelet.
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9199 on: December 24, 2009, 04:06:12 am »

Artifact creation poison? I don't know if it should come from anything but the most extrodinary of sources.
Artimood poison would actually have a fair bit of Fun potential. Consider your defender deciding that, instead of attacking the Giant Muse Spider, they now need a bar of gold, a walrus tooth, the next dwarf's right lung, some Muse spider silk cloth, and a unicorn skull.

...Actually, imagine if StrangeMood were a disease, and you had an epidemic. Would your fort survive?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: December 24, 2009, 04:21:35 am »

Artimood poison would actually have a fair bit of Fun potential. Consider your defender deciding that, instead of attacking the Giant Muse Spider, they now need a bar of gold, a walrus tooth, the next dwarf's right lung, some Muse spider silk cloth, and a unicorn skull.

...Actually, imagine if StrangeMood were a disease, and you had an epidemic. Would your fort survive?

Give ti to vermin like Cave Spiders :D

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: December 24, 2009, 04:23:04 am »

That would be the normal Muse Spiders.
Tilesets

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: December 24, 2009, 04:50:17 am »

These are the available poisoning effects: "pain, swelling, oozing wounds, bruising, blisters, numbness, paralysis, fever, bleeding, coughing/vomiting blood, nausea, vomiting, unconsciousness, necrosis, impaired vision, drowsiness and dizziness."  Direct stat penalties and mood/insanity effects aren't available, although they certainly might show up later on.  I doubt the severity parameter (which you can see being used in this SPOILER LINK as "SEV") accepts a negative value, since most of the available effects don't have obvious inversions, e.g. what does it mean to have "negative blisters"?

Well, shucks. Guess I'll have to wait for the Toad to put in stat-affecting poisons, then.

It's a shame, because I was giggling over the possibilities of cracking things open and eating their "poisoned" organs for effects, like dragon hearts or elf brains. Though I imagine that'd need accompanying adventurer things, actually.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9203 on: December 24, 2009, 05:34:27 am »

These are the available poisoning effects: "pain, swelling, oozing wounds, bruising, blisters, numbness, paralysis, fever, bleeding, coughing/vomiting blood, nausea, vomiting, unconsciousness, necrosis, impaired vision, drowsiness and dizziness." 

Wow, that reads like the side effects listed out on drug commercials... But don't worry, after all that your dwarf will no longer have to worry about his impotence! (like it matters; they all just use spores anyway!)
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

cooz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: December 24, 2009, 08:34:24 am »

So...

Will we be able to fill new undergrounds with water? - e.g. dumping major river into it for like 10 years nonstop.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: December 24, 2009, 08:45:00 am »

Unless he's changed map-edge behaviors the answer will be 'yes'.
Tilesets

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #9206 on: December 24, 2009, 09:26:48 am »

Fluids flow off of the map edges. Ask anyone who has carved fortifications into an underground map edge as a drain.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: December 24, 2009, 11:19:26 am »

I've been pawing for the raws for some time now, trying to find an answer to a question I have, but I haven't found anything. 

You know how in the old version dwarves had a [DAMBLOCK:1] tag to represent how even though they're small, they're built like tanks?  How is this toughness represented in the new version?

I'd have expected either an upscaled BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS tag or a reduction in RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_UPPER (with similar modifications to other limbs), but it appears that dwarves are built exactly like humans or elves.  An increase in skin thickness would have made a lot of sense too, but I haven't seen any of that either.

What is it I'm missing?  Is there some subtle property of the new raws that I've overlooked, or are dwarves really that weedy now?

atomfullerene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: December 24, 2009, 12:04:28 pm »

Ehehehhehheh....night before Dwarfmas indeed.....   Anyway, those underground camps sound pretty neat.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: December 24, 2009, 12:30:02 pm »

A few nooby questions from someone who has been out of touch with the DF community for the majority of his DF experience:

Will my saves still be compatible? mods? utilities? graphics pack?

Anyone get a general feeling as to its release time?

Will there be some sort of exploitation/demonstration of the brand new features, or will we have to find them all out on our own?
Pages: 1 ... 612 613 [614] 615 616 ... 1065