Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3636447 times)

Mandaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #7665 on: November 30, 2009, 02:45:27 pm »

Hah, don't worry. I'm sure we'll discover a whole new array of fun bugs that will cause loads and loads of new kinds of fun :)
Oddom Adagsibrek, war Mandrill (Tame)
"He is incredibly skinny yet gigantic overall. His hair is brown. His skin is cinnamon. His upper body bears a very short straight scar. His left front leg bears the marks of old wounds, including a tiny straight scar. His right front foot bears a very short straight scar. His throat bears a massive curving scar. His eyes are orange."

Blind Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRAVISION]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: November 30, 2009, 03:29:35 pm »

We can always just kill the sane dwarves. What better way to guaranty an insane fortress than to only allow insane dwarves to live there? Don't have a vocal tic, a lazy eye, dementia, a head full of conspiracy theories, a penchant for sock collection or good old fashioned schizophrenia? To the magma baths with them!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: November 30, 2009, 03:31:05 pm »

Well, you could just drive every sane dwarf crazy.  That would work too, you know.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #7668 on: November 30, 2009, 03:39:30 pm »

Thats a peculiar welcome party you're planning :)
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: November 30, 2009, 07:20:18 pm »

With the new personality stuff, I think we will be seeing plenty of quirks, not to mention whatever bugs pop up.

As far as the latest devlog, I guess this will mean that some jobs such as mechanic tasks should go smoother.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #7670 on: December 01, 2009, 12:20:15 am »

Man, looks like the next version is almost done  ;D.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7671 on: December 01, 2009, 12:26:52 am »

Man, looks like the next version is almost done  ;D .

DON'T SAY IT!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: December 01, 2009, 12:32:33 am »

Guys, looks like the next release is almost here  ;D.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: December 01, 2009, 12:35:07 am »

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but keep in mind that even after every single item is greened out, there's still probably going to be some bugtesting and such going on at the end, so we shouldn't expect it to be out the same exact day the list becomes fully "done".
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: December 01, 2009, 12:39:25 am »

People, it appears as if the next release is imminent  ;D

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7675 on: December 01, 2009, 12:40:42 am »

Guys, looks like the next release is-
People, it appears as if the next rel-

SHHHHHHHHH!!!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: December 01, 2009, 12:43:28 am »

Smite pessimism!

It's imminent. In cosmological scales, almost everything is.  ;D
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: December 01, 2009, 02:51:32 am »

...did I just figure out how to make a nice flaming sword? tube to the hilt, run oil down the bloodgroove...maybe not.

Sorry to be a massive pedant here, but its not really a blood groove.
No, I like learning things properly. What is it cal-Fuller, then.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: December 01, 2009, 03:08:58 am »

I'm almost a little sad that the dwarves seem to be losing some of their idiosyncracies. I mean I know it's going to make the game a hell of a lot less infuriating at times, but I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to miss seeing my hallways filled with half-naked champions splattered with gore tromping through piles of stuff that nobody finished moving before they had to go drink.
Well it sounds like if you want that you could still engineer your place to have that look to it.

The actual reason things get that way will be because you set them up but I'd call that valid.

dwarves who are depressed, lazy or un-self-conscious/undisciplined/overindulgent/etc. should get sloppy about their hygiene, sometimes to the point of going around caked in blood/vomit

And like many insular societies these individuals should be put to death, ostracised, or BaniSHED!

Actually, I have no idea if it is common to insular societies to get rid of wierd people you don't like.

Banishment might be unusual, but I think every society with codified laws will also have uncodified norms that get enforced with various levels of shunning.  The lines between laws and mores can blur substantially, though, particularly in societies that lack codified laws.  Possibly an unhygienic individual could find out the hard way that uncleanliness is one of the baron's major pet peeves.  Also, there's this:

# Bloat105, OSTRACISM AND SOCIAL STIGMA, (Future): Alienation of badly misbehaving dwarves.
My understanding is that oddballs were just sort of forced to conform. Going from left handed to ambidextrous involves a lot of anxiety and probably other negative effects but people manage to do it. Different hair colors only applied in Europe but without stigma against them people have a slight advantage if they've got unusual hair colors.

Well, you could just drive every sane dwarf crazy.  That would work too, you know.
Eventually having certain demons and things chained up in the hallways might gradually pile crazy characteristics onto dwarves. We could do challenge forts where you keep it going under the weight of ever increasing insanity~

Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: December 01, 2009, 03:12:21 am »

When i first saw this list i scoffed at it but now that toady is blazing through it i cant start another fortress until its out--unending attacks and underground caverns are just to friggin good.
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 1065