Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3576542 times)

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #7560 on: November 28, 2009, 10:13:11 pm »

People are oddly starting to migrate from asking Toady things to asking Footkerchief things.

I already asked Toady something in private (not that it is a big secret, it just is uninteresting and not appropriate to this thread... at least not as far as I know)

It is getting close to going overboard.

Goodness I didn't even realise the 26th was American Thanksgiving.

As far as we know Fireballs are still in the game right? Or did Toady add a "Fire" material and fireballs are now Glob Material breaths? Well I am aware he made a "Fire" material for certain creatures.

American Thanksgiving is on the last Thursday in November.  Don't ask me why that day was chosen but it has been a federal law since 1942.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: November 28, 2009, 10:13:34 pm »

We do i because Foot seems to know everything Toady has ever said, ever, and he answers much more often. Besides, Toady needs to work on programming, not just answering questions for people.
On that thought, we should challenge Foot to a trivia competition. Like "How many times has Toady mentioned the materials available on forgotten beasts?" Or "What new tags are available for weapons?"
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: November 28, 2009, 10:17:43 pm »

Foot doesn't have a steel clad memory, though I have no idea how good it is, but he knows how to use a search engine.

Hense the Medal suggestion... Well unless my brain is melting... but I SWEAR Toady said something about it or similar somewhere (like the Devs)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 10:20:25 pm by Neonivek »

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: November 28, 2009, 10:26:37 pm »

As far as we know Fireballs are still in the game right? Or did Toady add a "Fire" material and fireballs are now Glob Material breaths? Well I am aware he made a "Fire" material for certain creatures.

Last time I checked, normal fire breath is going to be the the same way it is now; dunno about the fireballs.

Hense the Medal suggestion... Well unless my brain is melting... but I SWEAR Toady said something about it or similar somewhere (like the Devs)

Assuming this quote is talking about the same thing as the last one:

Quote from: Grek
How does the [DRAGONFIREBREATH] tag work now? Is it going to be replaced with a poison breathe that burns people?

It's still the same as ever.  It is hot.  Fire is kind of a weird thing.  The critters that are made from fire have a weird material for it, but the breath is still a materialless flow.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: November 28, 2009, 10:32:43 pm »

Haha, Neonivek was referring to this exchange in a Suggestions thread, which was about medals in the sense of awards.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: November 28, 2009, 10:38:21 pm »

Yep further evidence that my mind is melting into a pool of brain juice.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: November 28, 2009, 10:46:03 pm »

Sounds like a magma man's got you by the head.  Man, that reminds me how creepy and disturbing it'll be when we get Adv. Mode corpse processing.  I just hope all that stuff has combat/wrestling facets, so you can perform classic maneuvers like ripping out a foe's heart and eating it in front of him, or maybe just using it to spray his allies in the face like some kind of demented water balloon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: November 28, 2009, 10:47:32 pm »

I just hope the people around you will recognise it.

What is the point or ripping out someone's heart and swallowing it whole if everyone around him doesn't suddenly go crazy? Well either that or they find it SOO awsome that they accept it into their culture!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 10:51:32 pm by Neonivek »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: November 28, 2009, 11:01:26 pm »

"We are the night, the assassins of the assassins.  We are The Council of Butter.  All of our soldiers wear full outfits of adamantine thread, pitched black as the night that is our home, we climb sheer walls silently without tools, we pass heavily guarded positions as if we were mist.  And our weapon of choice is a backpack full of 80 pound large serrated discs.  I don't know why...I think our ancestors picked it off of some adventurer that raided some dwarven fortress eons ago, they must of thought it was badass...it's weird.  Well anyway fear the giant buzz saw shuriken for it is our calling card. "
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Udib Gasolbomrek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: November 29, 2009, 02:10:11 am »

American Thanksgiving is on the last Thursday in November.  Don't ask me why that day was chosen but it has been a federal law since 1942.

Mayor Lincoln started it, actually, the 1942 law is because Mayor FDR wanted to move it from Opal to Moonstone to lengthen the winter Trade Depot season and the Miner's Guild complained.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: November 29, 2009, 02:26:48 am »

For example, if you stick a wooden sword in a magma man, will it catch fire?

If a wooden sword falls in a magma man, will he make a sound?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: November 29, 2009, 02:47:49 am »

For example, if you stick a wooden sword in a magma man, will it catch fire?

If a wooden sword falls in a magma man, will he make a sound?

A short crackling sound, followed by the hiss of your hand evaporating.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: November 29, 2009, 01:07:42 pm »

Well maybe the opposite will happen. Maybe the magma man will freeze solid from the temperature of the wooden sword and hand

Which I guess, since the game doesn't do frozen solid, the Magmaman will shatter
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 01:11:30 pm by Neonivek »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: November 29, 2009, 01:13:43 pm »

That is not how physics works and you know it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: November 29, 2009, 01:15:39 pm »

That is not how physics works and you know it.

Isn't it? Thermodynamics? The Magmaman transfers enough of his heat to the sword and hand that his core temperature drops to the point where the magma solidifies.

Then the game's fact that "Cold damage" is all the same will shatter the magmaman.
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 1065