Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3637254 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #7140 on: November 20, 2009, 12:13:01 pm »

It is a useful distinction. Let us make use of it. (Also school's "words have gender(s), people have sex(es)") Also, it would be perfectly fine (to me, anyway) to have discussions about sex did it not reduce 75% of the forum population to giggling imbecility.

Good eye, footkerchief.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: November 20, 2009, 12:26:18 pm »

The distinction is useful, yes.  I just don't like to see people get pounced on for not knowing about it, especially when the intent was both clear from context and aligned with about 600 years of actual usage.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: November 20, 2009, 12:29:46 pm »

This thread has gone to bad places. O_o
When Toady comes back and sees this... I don't know who I am feeling the most sorry for.

Hey, I tried to wrench it out of there, mostly successfully > > . Mechanoids question is completely valid despite edging towards what I was trying to whack the thread out of.

Now we seem to be going into the study of forensics and bieng able to tell the sex of a skeletonized corpse.

Edit: I think at least two sections got greened out.

Looks like Toady is saving the booze instead of water for last as that is likely a tough one.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:31:20 pm by smjjames »

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #7143 on: November 20, 2009, 12:36:06 pm »

Quote from: toadyone
Each individual item also tracks how many creatures it has killed and where (including non-weapon objects like tantrum-thrown furniture from a stockpile)

Its going to take a lot of work, but damned if I don't have a very special gabbro cabinet in my fortress.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: November 20, 2009, 12:46:31 pm »

Surely someone will get a semi-artifact pig tail sock. ;)
It's a bit sad that pre-play legends won't get weapon mentions yet, but this is still a cool update.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: November 20, 2009, 12:47:38 pm »

This is great. I've been personally looking forward to this item, since I've always tried to give my soldiers armor or weapons that matched their preferences (even though it had no in game effect). The fact this it'll actually matter now is great!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: November 20, 2009, 12:49:45 pm »

when'd that devlog pop up. Yum. NAMED LEAD BINS OF LEAD BRICKS ARE GO  :D
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #7147 on: November 20, 2009, 12:52:36 pm »

If you wrestle something to death (or kick), do your graspers record the kill? and upon death or severing..
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

pbheadtemp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: November 20, 2009, 12:55:42 pm »

hey toady,

Remeber that giant number that you had a long while ago (like... before you posted this thread)

If you bothered to keep track... what number are you down to aproximately? or could i just go add up all the non-green items and get that number?
Its preety dam fail when you manage to type in your email address wrong twice in the same way in a row, and create an account you cant access.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: November 20, 2009, 12:57:30 pm »

If you wrestle something to death (or kick), do your graspers record the kill? and upon death or severing..

This is an exceptional engraving of Bloodfist, the Iron Doom of Skulls and a dwarf. The dwarf is attached to Bloodfist. Bloodfist is striking a menacing pose.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: November 20, 2009, 01:01:01 pm »

That's a misunderstanding from the Bible.

Yes we established that a while ago. Though only likely originating from the Bibal, since I didn't get it from that source.

penis

Will you guys stop it... Honestly!
I go through these posts and respond to anything addressed to me or anything that piques my interest.

I'm not sure what you're asking here.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: November 20, 2009, 01:01:37 pm »

Surely someone will get a semi-artifact pig tail sock. ;)
It's a bit sad that pre-play legends won't get weapon mentions yet, but this is still a cool update.

It would be even more disappointing in a way if named weapons did show up in worldgen, since you still wouldn't be able to find them, unless Toady did even more work to ensure they find their way into the hands of important people.

It would be cool if DF smack talk included boasts about wielding a legendary weapon and the weapon's own notable kills.

I doubt BPs will get a kill record as part of a creature, but if they're severed, well, they do become items, so maybe then.  It would be pretty badass to go around killing people with a named elephant tusk.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 01:04:59 pm by Footkerchief »

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: November 20, 2009, 01:08:56 pm »

The mayors of places could know where they were and send you after them.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: November 20, 2009, 01:11:14 pm »

In biology, we have sex.

Sorry, could not help it.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: November 20, 2009, 01:14:02 pm »

Quote from: Dev log
. There are a few side effects I didn't get a chance to handle -- a named item cannot be truly destroyed for instance (it becomes lost, as with a created artifact, and can reappear if you visit the site where it was lost unless in the wilderness).

Does this happen even if you atom-smash the artifact?
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 1065