Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3627324 times)

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #5700 on: October 14, 2009, 10:28:03 pm »

I really hope Toady posts soon...
I'm starting to worry.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Janus

• Bay Watcher
  • huffi muffi guffi
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress File Depot
« Reply #5701 on: October 15, 2009, 12:33:58 am »

I'm starting to worry.
What are you worrying about? Anyway, he's still checking in, as you can see by the Last Active date in his profile here on the forum:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=2
Tomas asked Dolgan, "What place is this?"
The dwarf puffed on his pipe. "It is a glory hole, laddie. When my people mined this area, we fashioned many such areas."
     - Raymond E. Feist, Magician: Apprentice  (Riftwar Saga)

Topace3k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: October 15, 2009, 12:35:52 am »

I'm starting to worry.

He's working on the super-secret double-deep extra-brand-new and improved big 'n large HFS areas right now and doesn't want to spoil anything for us.  The longer without a new update, the more awesome the forthcoming HFS is going to be.

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: October 15, 2009, 12:59:12 am »

I'm starting to worry.

He's working on the super-secret double-deep extra-brand-new and improved big 'n large HFS areas right now and doesn't want to spoil anything for us.  The longer without a new update, the more awesome the forthcoming HFS is going to be.

*mouth watering*
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: October 15, 2009, 04:50:37 am »

More than just Clowns in the Funhouse then... possibly other comedic figures?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: October 15, 2009, 06:32:43 am »

I beleve it's intended that Clowns will be randomly generated to a degree, similar to current Megabeasts. So you could get a Spirit of Fun that breathes cold and has tentacles.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: October 15, 2009, 06:37:59 am »

Or even a Spirit of Death, maybe even something straight out of a horror movie or a Lovecraftian tale.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: October 15, 2009, 07:16:19 am »

I beleve it's intended that Clowns will be randomly generated to a degree, similar to current Megabeasts. So you could get a Spirit of Fun that breathes cold and has tentacles.

Or one that breathes tentacles and has... colds.

I'm really looking forward to the Titans. Really, though, the new randomized critters will make our creature modding obsolete... or we'll have to be a lot more creative. :D
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Kennel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: October 15, 2009, 09:51:19 am »

Could it be possible to get full list of different dwarven features (face shape, body build, hairstyle etc.)? I can get most(?) of them from 08/08/2009 update, but it might be handy to have some kind of word of god list. This would help developing visualizers.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #5709 on: October 15, 2009, 10:20:46 am »

Toady: I noticed some people on the forum were worrying about the lack of updates.

Hah. He is watching us suffer with glee :)

I think one of the new HFS is going to be a lack-of-updates-beast. All of the combat text will be behind little spoiler tags.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: October 15, 2009, 10:49:08 am »

Could it be possible to get full list of different dwarven features (face shape, body build, hairstyle etc.)? I can get most(?) of them from 08/08/2009 update, but it might be handy to have some kind of word of god list. This would help developing visualizers.

A word of god list? What are you talking about.

As for the features, there are probably as many as humans have. If you can edit the stuff (I'm pretty sure you can), then the hairstyles could be near unlimited because of all the possible combinations.

Scars and battle wounds will also show up. There may be the possibility of tatoos.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: October 15, 2009, 10:56:42 am »

"Word of God" is slang for 'Cannon', which, in this case means 'list from Toady'

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: October 15, 2009, 11:21:36 am »

I think a cannon is less word, more punch of God. Or maybe spit?

In other words, it's "canon".
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: October 15, 2009, 12:21:37 pm »

As for the features, there are probably as many as humans have. If you can edit the stuff (I'm pretty sure you can), then the hairstyles could be near unlimited because of all the possible combinations.

There's going to be a hardcoded list of hairstyles, at least for now:

Quote from: Footkerchief
a hardcoded list of styles to choose from, or styles totally in the raws with little helper phrases for the paragraph or something? -- and how precisely defined they'll be -- beards being a style that only applies to a particular patch of hair, while shaven-ness can apply to any type of hair, etc.

Like many things, I'm starting off hard-coded because I don't know what I need and it would be a waste to raw it before I know.  The annoyances here are mainly how much I might end up allowing descriptions to be placed before or after other words and wherever in sentences -- I might not do much of it now, but the more that's mutable, the less I'm eager to raw it until I'm really happy with what I've got.  You do have as much control as you want over which tissue layers are chosen and which styles those layers are allowed to have, so if you have a critter with their hairy head in their chest, such that a "pony tail" is sort of meaningless, if I'm remembering the format right you could disallow that particular style.  In the proto-version I've got now, the dwarves twiddle their hair, beards, moustaches and sideburns separately.  For things like goatees it'll take a bit more work, to get them shaving their cheek whiskers but not their chin whiskers, and so on, and I'm really not sure where I'll end up this time around.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 01:51:46 pm by Footkerchief »
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 1065