Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3628136 times)

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #5100 on: September 28, 2009, 11:10:35 am »

I was hoping that with only 2 items (really like 1 and a half) to do Toady could have finished off the underground this month...but it's been 5 days without any sort of update

Here's to hopin'

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: September 28, 2009, 11:48:16 am »

Perhaps he's working on the month-end project again? Or did he decide to hold off on that until the new DF is finally finished?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: September 28, 2009, 11:53:53 am »

Or did he decide to hold off on that until the new DF is finally finished?

Yeah, that.  The secretive mood is probably because he's working on something he doesn't want to spoil right now.

diefortheswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: September 28, 2009, 01:11:12 pm »

Toady does not post many updated when working on the new underground because he does not want to spoil it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: September 28, 2009, 02:01:33 pm »

Well, the rope ladder thing is well known and in fact may be crucial for the new underground, if not critical or even vital.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: September 28, 2009, 02:15:06 pm »

Or did he decide to hold off on that until the new DF is finally finished?

Yeah, that.  The secretive mood is probably because he's working on something he doesn't want to spoil right now.

Sounds about right. If there's anything he'd tell us, it'd be "underground rivers are fixed" or "ropes are done".
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: September 28, 2009, 04:44:15 pm »

Granted, underground rivers won't exist anymore. I can't remember the specific post in which he said this, but he did say it!
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: September 28, 2009, 04:49:15 pm »

Granted, underground rivers won't exist anymore. I can't remember the specific post in which he said this, but he did say it!

Actually, I think they won't exist in their current form. I remember that bieng said somewhere (I think UG pools are still in, are they?). We may have an UG river of some kind, but the old one doesn't exist anymore.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: September 28, 2009, 04:54:02 pm »

Last word was that they're out.  "For now" might expire before the release, though.

Quote from: G-Flex
How will magma pools/pipes be integrated into the new underground structure? I can't very well see the current straight-pipe magma tubes coming up through complex cave structures like that, so what'll they look like, exactly?

I dunno.  For the same reason I've left out underground rivers for now, there will likely be some limitations while I get used to working in the new space.  There will clearly still be magma, but I might not have time to work in anything interesting.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: September 28, 2009, 04:58:56 pm »

Yea....

We do have those giant UG lakes or something. It'll probably be one of the spoilers (not HFS spoilers, but as in new stuff spoilers).

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: September 28, 2009, 05:52:46 pm »

Last word was that they're out.  "For now" might expire before the release, though.

Quote from: G-Flex
How will magma pools/pipes be integrated into the new underground structure? I can't very well see the current straight-pipe magma tubes coming up through complex cave structures like that, so what'll they look like, exactly?

I dunno.  For the same reason I've left out underground rivers for now, there will likely be some limitations while I get used to working in the new space.  There will clearly still be magma, but I might not have time to work in anything interesting.

To clarify, underground pools ARE still in, and better. Bits of the cavern systems have water in them, so yeah, you essentially have underground pools all over the place, and the ones that connect to the edge will fill with water automatically like other edge-connected water features.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: September 28, 2009, 08:54:22 pm »

Yea....

We do have those giant UG lakes or something. It'll probably be one of the spoilers (not HFS spoilers, but as in new stuff spoilers).
They might overlap.  Nessie!
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: September 28, 2009, 11:21:30 pm »

Though, I hear there are ways for bubbly caverns to form, if I remember a fantasy novel correctly (I pick up information in odd places)- if water is flowing through and rolls loose stone around, hollowing one out? I don't know if it's actual or not.

talking 'bout Sir Arthur Conan Doyles "The Terror of Blue John Gap"?
Nah, contemporary stuff. Diane Duane's The Book of Night with Moon
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Shardok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: September 29, 2009, 02:23:01 am »

Just because someone did this earlier, and I felt it'd be nice to show the difference now as opposed to before (assuming you saw the old post, or someone posts it again, as I have no idea where it is in the thread...)

Oh yeah, I used black, not white, to show stuff that is white on the list. Was easier for me.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: September 29, 2009, 02:35:44 am »

I'm really looking forward for more movement options like a rope ladder or even a normal ladder.

Every place should be able to get accessible for dwarves with minimal effort. They're dwarves after all.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1065