Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3575277 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #4605 on: September 12, 2009, 12:02:28 pm »

Dwarfs WASHING?
I shall be having none of this...
Wash that beard with MAGMA
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: September 12, 2009, 12:16:20 pm »

Dwarves washing sounds rather un-DF-Dwarfy. We have always loved our vomit encrusted little drunkards the way they are, maybe upper caste bathing only?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: September 12, 2009, 12:17:16 pm »

Washing beards with magma? That's only for nobles you know. In any case I do have a question

How much faster do wounds heal now, with all the health care additions?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: September 12, 2009, 12:59:33 pm »

Id think more importantly Tehstefan would be if Dwarves are willing to continue working if they had their wounds treated with maybe a period of rest.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: September 12, 2009, 05:28:51 pm »

Id think more importantly Tehstefan would be if Dwarves are willing to continue working if they had their wounds treated with maybe a period of rest.

With some kind of temporary skill penalty or just a bit slow-effect, that could be quite dwarfy. Even wounds don't stop them!
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: September 12, 2009, 05:35:52 pm »

Can we have a few options in the 'orders' menu regarding washing of dwarves? Such as "Dwarves don't clean themselves"(Simulated water conservation, desert dwarves would use water sparingly) and/or "Only nobles clean themselves"?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: September 12, 2009, 05:55:45 pm »

Could be nice if dwarves actually consumed water from pools or reservoirs. They don't do it, right ?

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: September 12, 2009, 06:54:43 pm »

The latest bit on healing woulds raises a question

It seems that at the moment, wounds will heal whether they are treated or not, all treatment does it speed it up. How far away are we from wounds not healing at all if untreated/poorly treated? Say for example you get a broken bone - if you're not treated it could heal really badly and leave a permanent disability.

Also, another question I just came up with while writing this - if someone has a compund break, can you target the bone sticking out of the skin with wrestling? Because wow, that wound be insanely disturbing/awesome

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: September 12, 2009, 07:10:20 pm »

It seems that at the moment, wounds will heal whether they are treated or not, all treatment does it speed it up. How far away are we from wounds not healing at all if untreated/poorly treated? Say for example you get a broken bone - if you're not treated it could heal really badly and leave a permanent disability.

Also, another question I just came up with while writing this - if someone has a compund break, can you target the bone sticking out of the skin with wrestling? Because wow, that wound be insanely disturbing/awesome

Considering that stitches seem to work like stuckins and are targetable without any special programming, I'd say thats pretty possible, and also quite awesome.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

kiffer.geo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: September 12, 2009, 09:05:35 pm »

Could be nice if dwarves actually consumed water from pools or reservoirs. They don't do it, right ?

I'm pretty sure they do use up water. One unit for each dwarf that drinks from it...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: September 12, 2009, 09:30:03 pm »

Only from wells, then it's one unit per bucket load(which can supply multiple) open sources are not depleted. 

My hammerer's been living off of a single 6 deep puddle in his locked and sealed room for 3 years.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: September 12, 2009, 09:33:44 pm »

Considering how horrifically random and slow healing is right now, I'd say that's enough.

However, I would like to see improper healing.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: September 12, 2009, 10:33:28 pm »

Considering how horrifically random and slow healing is right now, I'd say that's enough.

However, I would like to see improper healing.

Well, "right now" is not relevant, as we're discussing the next version here, in which the healing system has been totally replaced.  In particular, wounds heal steadily rather than randomly-at-season-changes, with the healing rate determined by a tissue property in conjunction with the Recuperation attribute, along with the effects of bandages etc., and possibly other factors as well.  Basically, forget everything you know.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:35:11 pm by Footkerchief »

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: September 12, 2009, 11:44:46 pm »

Will we be able send out soldiers to fight other civs? and will the fighting be similar to legends fights(as in you wont be able to see the fight which would also be great and your soldiers will ignore landscape, traps ect. and only fight the soldiers that are on the civ list)?
I dont seem to be able to find it in the list of remaining items ???

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: September 13, 2009, 12:08:45 am »

Will we be able send out soldiers to fight other civs? and will the fighting be similar to legends fights(as in you wont be able to see the fight which would also be great and your soldiers will ignore landscape, traps ect. and only fight the soldiers that are on the civ list)?
I dont seem to be able to find it in the list of remaining items ???

Not in the version coming up - the ones coming soon after that will move swiftly towards it though. And rather than being a Legends mode thing you'll be able to control the raiding party, if I understand correctly.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 1065