Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3578505 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #3765 on: August 12, 2009, 01:22:09 am »

Man, I just thought they made a hunk of metal as big as they could get without breaking the stick, and then whacked stuff with it.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: August 12, 2009, 01:25:17 am »

Man, I just thought they made a hunk of metal as big as they could get without breaking the stick, and then whacked stuff with it.

Sounds dwarfy enough to me.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: August 12, 2009, 01:29:38 am »

???
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:26:20 pm by 0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0 »

Kalkkis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: August 12, 2009, 01:36:01 am »

Quote from: G-Flex
I understood the "thin body layered with fat" comment, but I feel like "frame" would be a better word than "body" in cases like that, just to make it more clear.

I use frame in a lot of the similar situations, but I didn't want to use it all the time.  I don't know if there's a third word that works.

From http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/frame:

Main Entry:     anatomy
Part of Speech:    noun
Definition:          physical structure of animals, plants
Synonyms:     build, composition, figure, form, frame, framework, makeup, physique, shape

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: August 12, 2009, 02:44:51 am »

Light teal is currently not used for non-military professions. Only legendary peasants show up as it.

It's used for the King Consort.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: August 12, 2009, 03:23:12 am »

Light teal is currently not used for non-military professions. Only legendary peasants show up as it.

It's used for the King Consort.
who can just as easily be changed to killmenow purple

Mandaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: August 12, 2009, 03:37:44 am »

Gas form materials? Does this mean we can at some point in the future make...gas execution chambers? ;D

Cool.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that.
Oddom Adagsibrek, war Mandrill (Tame)
"He is incredibly skinny yet gigantic overall. His hair is brown. His skin is cinnamon. His upper body bears a very short straight scar. His left front leg bears the marks of old wounds, including a tiny straight scar. His right front foot bears a very short straight scar. His throat bears a massive curving scar. His eyes are orange."

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: August 12, 2009, 05:38:25 am »

Speaking of, I want throwing daggers.

Would it be trite to point out that you can throw anything with equally great effect?

Although obviously the new material and object interactions will change the whole throwing thing.  I wonder if coins count as sharp edged?  And if I mint them in lead for some mass...
That sounds pretty good.  Of course, giant serrated saws, huge, sharp and heavy, will be best.

Although, I was just thinking, wouldn't the 500% adamantine bonus outweigh the fact that it's a bit lighter than the other metals?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: August 12, 2009, 05:41:16 am »

The point of the big material update is that the thoroughly arbitrary "Copper=60% Iron=100% Adamant=500%" system would no longer exist.  The sample metal raws don't have any kind of "effectiveness" rating, just lots of physical data, which then gets semi-realistically compared for combat effects.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: August 12, 2009, 05:48:16 am »

The point of the big material update is that the thoroughly arbitrary "Copper=60% Iron=100% Adamant=500%" system would no longer exist.  The sample metal raws don't have any kind of "effectiveness" rating, just lots of physical data, which then gets semi-realistically compared for combat effects.
But adamantine would surely get some kind of hardness bonus, or something like that...

But anyway, the Wounds/ Combat thing looks like possibly the biggest part of the new release, and there are only 2 items remaining on it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: August 12, 2009, 05:59:21 am »

But adamantine would surely get some kind of hardness bonus, or something like that...

Like I said, the idea is to abandon from "game logic" altogether, instead forming a semblance of real physics.  Just look at the metal raws.  Notice adamantium's absurd numbers for compressive yield and bending elasticity?  There's your "hardness bonus".

And yes, looking at the countdown, only Squads and Medical Care still have anything left that isn't cross-referencing and testing for Toady to make sure he put the game back together right.

New Meaningless Prediction: Early October
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: August 12, 2009, 06:02:21 am »

Um, wow.  Didn't materials only have about 4 lines each before?

Plus adamantine is some kind of amazing metal that apparently doesn't bend in the slightest when it hits something.  Perfect.

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: August 12, 2009, 06:10:49 am »

Like I said, the idea is to abandon from "game logic" altogether, instead forming a semblance of real physics.  Just look at the metal raws.  Notice adamantium's absurd numbers for compressive yield and bending elasticity?  There's your "hardness bonus".
Great, would this now mean that metals will now properly melt when magma dumped? that returns to the question of how they can be forged if they don't melt.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: August 12, 2009, 06:27:48 am »

I drew the first dwarf described in the dev-log.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: August 12, 2009, 06:28:15 am »

We heat them in fires, don't we?  Or something like that.

And I guess we'll have to find a way to boil adamantine.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 1065