Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3575476 times)

Volfram

• Bay Watcher
  • hate you all.
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #2715 on: June 26, 2009, 07:47:15 am »

If the litch sorcerer commonly referred to as "Xykon" will ever be, at some future point in time, within a 1000-foot radius of one of these two magical gates, of which of those locations will he be within said radius first, chronologically?
Andir and Roxorius "should" die.

Yes, actually, I am trying to get myself banned.  I wish Toady would quit working on this worthless piece of junk and go back to teaching math.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: June 26, 2009, 07:59:03 am »

Wait, what?

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: June 26, 2009, 08:11:34 am »

Order of the Stick reference.

You're behind on your scientific literature.

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: June 26, 2009, 08:53:39 am »

I've been reading OOTS for a while and I've never heard of any gate.

kaypy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: June 26, 2009, 09:00:38 am »

Hate to get back on topic, but...

Quote from: Toady One
The main idea was to let you easily set a bunch of dwarves to the same armor type, but if you want to set up a uniform with midnight blue silk hoods [etc] ...

Of course, given that, have you given any thought to handling when we inevitably want "midnight blue, studded with copper (gold for legendaries), with an image of [squad logo] in [appropriate material]"

Not that anyone is going to be complaining about what we're getting this release, just thinking about the future here...

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: June 26, 2009, 09:43:11 am »

yep i want too name tags on every uniform :P.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: June 26, 2009, 10:37:42 am »

Uniforms. That's pretty cool. Not mind-blowing like burrows, but I've got a feeling it is a capability I'll end up using pretty often.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: June 26, 2009, 10:44:33 am »

I wish you could give decals and uniforms to other creatures in your fortress than dwarves. I want a giant eagle with the nametag "Hello, I am HUGE"
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: June 26, 2009, 12:03:36 pm »

Of course now I'm going to have to dye all my swordsman's gear cyan, all my marksman's gear green, all my axeman's gear blue...

BLAST! I'm going to have to learn how to make more color dyes.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: June 26, 2009, 12:31:25 pm »

Of course now I'm going to have to dye all my swordsman's gear cyan, all my marksman's gear green, all my axeman's gear blue...

BLAST! I'm going to have to learn how to make more color dyes.
With an coorospondingly collored image of a dwarf on their helmets.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: June 26, 2009, 01:37:24 pm »

"06/25/2009: You can establish uniforms for your soldiers now. The main idea was to let you easily set a bunch of dwarves to the same armor type, but if you want to set up a uniform with midnight blue silk hoods, steel axes, leather boots, absolutely nothing else, and then apply it to every squad, that's between you and your conscience. The dwarves should shuffle their regular clothes off to squad-assigned cabinets if there are conflicts/restrictions, but you can also just have them put on some armor over their regular clothes as usual. It would still be annoying to get those hoods dyed correctly, but it would be a little easier to do with a burrow and a few custom stockpiles anyway.

There are various ways to tweak the equipment settings for individuals within a squad, and it all goes by the squad position and not the individual dwarf, though you can let a dwarf choose to use their favored melee weapon if ones available, if you don't care what they use. You can also assign specific individual items to squad positions. This mostly matters for artifacts, or if you are just really particular about equipment or some piece of new equipment. Setting an individual item will stop periodic upgrades for that piece of equipment, once I get those in."

Uniforms? Sounds awesome!  8)
I have a question about equipment settings. So as I understand we can equip our dwarves with whatever we want, and it should be easy. [Yay! Finally we don't have to use the "lock in the dwarf" method anymore!  :D] ...but what about item quality? Can we also set that -for example- a specific dwarf should only pick up/use exceptional or better items?

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: June 26, 2009, 03:26:20 pm »

On that note, the list isn't clear-- with all the updates to training, can we specify less-lethal weapons as training weapons now?

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: June 26, 2009, 03:43:41 pm »

If I recall correctly, dwarfs will have preferences to grab the best quality pieces of equipment.
!!&!!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: June 26, 2009, 04:10:42 pm »

I'm very sure I saw something about training-specific weapons options, but I don't recall the specifics.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: June 26, 2009, 06:59:14 pm »

Well, this may be because english isn't my mother tongue so the dev note may have confused me, but am I the only one to think that all theses new features, although great, seems very complicated ? Some of these even seem pretty redundant (burrows and squad buildings for instance). I hope it won't turn into a mess of menus and sub-menus with awkward interfaces and controls... It's nice to be able to micro-manage your fort, but it won't be that great if the final interface look like a NASA flight simulator.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1065