Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3638157 times)

GruffyBears

• Bay Watcher
  • Prodigal
    • View Profile
    • Creature Club Podcast
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #1815 on: April 24, 2009, 07:43:49 pm »

Instructors should be nobles with a frequency rating. They can only train a recruit to whatever level of weapon skill they have. Instead of him training whole squads, or individual recruits, the squad option screen should have a
"train recruits" option. Instead of the the instructors making recruits sufficate each other, they could train against dummies, a close combat equvilent to the archery target.
I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.
- T.S Eliot

Patarak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: April 24, 2009, 08:54:28 pm »

Based on my incredibly accurate predictions, I expect the release to come in October or early November.  This is based on one month per category plus one month to finish the unfinished categories.  Toady, please hurry up!

A good couple of the sections are simply "updating", making sure the stuff works with the changed code. That probably might not take as long to do, but I wouldn't take my word on it.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: April 25, 2009, 02:13:58 am »

If claws do piercing damage, then for sure Scamps will win.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: April 25, 2009, 03:37:33 am »

Scamps has a to low strenght to get throught toadys <<*cotton pants*>> thought his claws have enought shearforce.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: April 25, 2009, 12:35:11 pm »

handwrestling kitt3ns is serious fun, especially when tickling her belly at the same time. :D
but remember to train her to sheathe her claws when playing, or prepare for severely bitten+scratched paws/arms of your own when she grows up. ;)

(using the backlegs to claw is seriously painfull too!)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: April 25, 2009, 01:12:18 pm »

You can trian cats? I had no idea of this.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: April 25, 2009, 06:53:59 pm »

It's less like training, more like agreements and understanding. You don't claw me, I won't shave your belly.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: April 25, 2009, 09:05:38 pm »

You can trian cats? I had no idea of this.

Cats generally resist training and most instances of training cats is more or less tricking and forcing habits on them then training.

But yes you can train them to a fairly limited degree less then nearly all pets (I am unaware of any domestic animal other then fish that are harder to train)

It has nothing to do with a Cat's intelligence mind you.

Mondark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: April 25, 2009, 09:23:06 pm »

Question for Toady, does a poisonous material have to be injected, or otherwise handled in a special way to take effect as a poison, or will a blade made out of a poisonous material automatically poison any cuts it makes?

This came up in another thread, and I was wondering.  Obviously, it probably should be the latter, but I wasn't sure if that is currently the case.
Fefeshnelmargalip

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: April 26, 2009, 04:49:52 am »

Lead =/= Weapons = lots of sickly gobbos.
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Pruvan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: April 26, 2009, 07:53:15 am »

It has nothing to do with a Cat's intelligence mind you.

They're just too perfectly lazy to care.
I don't see dicks...  I'd hate to ask people to point them out.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: April 26, 2009, 10:34:38 am »

Things depend a lot on the particular cat's personality.

I've known cats that were quite sufficiently trainable, and cats that were anything *but* lazy.
For they would be your masters.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: April 26, 2009, 11:32:18 am »

Enough with the cats. I think we are in serious need of a butcher here, to make some +kitten cookies+.

What about the new Fun Stuff? It will be more varied now (we will have different kinds of HFS) or it replaced the old one?

chucks

• Bay Watcher
  • Have Cutlass -- Will Travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: April 26, 2009, 12:27:25 pm »

Training cats...

There's some piece of software engineering management lore that compares organizing a team of programmers to be such an unfinishable task that it's like herding and training cats.
Computer says 'No'.

father_alexander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: April 26, 2009, 01:25:00 pm »

Enough with the cats. I think we are in serious need of a butcher here, to make some +kitten cookies+.

What about the new Fun Stuff? It will be more varied now (we will have different kinds of HFS) or it replaced the old one?

enough with the cats? do you have any idea of what we could do by training cats, i mean think of the possibilities, using cats as catapult or ballista ammo, using cats as bolts, making an army of warcats that can be butchered into food :3, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 1065