Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3637570 times)

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #15390 on: March 26, 2010, 01:17:03 pm »

I predict a large increase in take-out/delivery orders. My primary hope is that Chariot is on the ball and will be able to update his graphics set in quick order.

Actually, there's a question: Will Chariot's current graphics set work as is in the new version?
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15391 on: March 26, 2010, 01:19:48 pm »

I predict a large increase in take-out/delivery orders. My primary hope is that Chariot is on the ball and will be able to update his graphics set in quick order.

Actually, there's a question: Will Chariot's current graphics set work as is in the new version?
you may need to alter the text file slightly and it won't show any new creatures but basically yes.

*creatures without graphics show up as their letters.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:31:01 pm by Shoku »
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15392 on: March 26, 2010, 01:41:00 pm »

Should have thought about that earlier and bought a proper computer.

No, the linux release would come out even later???

Silly, Linux has WINE, so it should have no trouble playing the windows version.
(yeah, MAC has boot camp, but... not the same, really)
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

John Keel

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_AVATAR:ALWAYS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15393 on: March 26, 2010, 01:47:43 pm »

If the mac version comes out later I think I might strangle someone everyone.

Wine is your friend methinks.  Works fine with the current version on Linux, so it might be worth looking into before the mac port comes out.

Also, *fingers crossed* that the Dwarf Therapist people can update to the new version quickly!  Definitely makes dealing with migrant waves quicker.  Methinks I can deal with it in exchange for a new version though. :P

Thread hijack gogogo
Anyways, could someone help me? I've tried the "lightweight method" shown here, but it returns the error:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 06:21:09 pm by John Keel »
King of the Onslaught of Narwhals

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15394 on: March 26, 2010, 01:58:01 pm »

Thread hijack gogogo
Anyways, could someone help me? I've tried the "lightweight method" shown here, but it returns the error:

We already have a couple Wine help threads here that you could bump, such as this one.  However, since you're having trouble just building Wine rather than playing DF on it, you'll probably have better luck on the Wine forums.  Also, there are a bunch of helpful google results for "c compiler cannot create executables" (most of them are for Linux, but it's probably the same problem).  Please don't derail this thread with it, in any case.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:03:47 pm by Footkerchief »

diefortheswarm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15395 on: March 26, 2010, 02:00:14 pm »

I wonder if Toady would have the balls to do a fake DF2010 release on April First as an April Fools prank...

jdf318

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15396 on: March 26, 2010, 02:00:33 pm »

To quote another game with a long dev cycle:

"Hell, it's about time."

Could this be starcraft 2? heh, I had thought that SC2 would come out before DF 2010

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15397 on: March 26, 2010, 02:12:23 pm »

you may need to alter the text file slightly and it won't show any new creatures but basically yes.

Hopefully the same should be true for the Mayday graphics. Although I actually have Maydays graphics pack version 18 or something (40D11), which should work.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15398 on: March 26, 2010, 02:37:53 pm »

Quote from: devlog
(Various delight, goodwill and cheer)

So when the release was expected in January, I was thinking, "Man, I just know it's going to happen just as I pick up those extra shifts at work."
And when the release was expected in February, I was thinking, "Man, it's totally going to come out just as I start uni again."
Then when the release was expected in March, I was thinking, "Man, just as my workload is picking up, that release is going to happen soon."

And now that the release is almost certainly going to happen in a week, I'm leaving the country for a hiking holiday on the 4th.   :(

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #15399 on: March 26, 2010, 02:49:42 pm »

And now that the release is almost certainly going to happen in a week, I'm leaving the country for a hiking holiday on the 4th.   :(

Laptops hike well. Cellular modem and you're set to go. Alternatively, its excellent time to do research into geography.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Kavalion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15400 on: March 26, 2010, 02:50:10 pm »

Woah, in a week?  I'm surprised.  I was beginning to think it wouldn't be out until summer from reading the slowish updates of the development logs.  A week from now sounds pretty good... too bad it missed Spring Break, but I'm sure I'll find time to try it, bugs and all.  :)

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #15401 on: March 26, 2010, 03:00:08 pm »

Hopefully the same should be true for the Mayday graphics. Although I actually have Maydays graphics pack version 18 or something (40D11), which should work.

From what I heard correctly, the first version of new version will not contain the 40d# material merge. So that would mean that it will not be able to use png support. Meaning mayday's sprites won't exactly work unless you can somehow make them into bitmap.

Course I found out that there's an awesome converting tool called zamzar out there, that's pretty good at converting files.

And as long as you change a few things in the text file. (such as make sure png is changed to bmp) it should all work.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15402 on: March 26, 2010, 03:00:54 pm »

Holy crap, toady actualy mentioned it might come in a week, give me a second to holy shit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thank you.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15403 on: March 26, 2010, 03:27:53 pm »

BLAST YOU TOADY!  YOU RELEASE IN A WEEK, WHICH COINCIDES WITH THE BEGINING OF MY 2 WEEK COMPUTERLESS VACATION TO ARIZONA!

DAMN IT ALL!

oh well, least it will be further debugged and merged when I get back. I knew this would happen

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #15404 on: March 26, 2010, 03:33:03 pm »

See? See? I was right all along!
Pages: 1 ... 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 ... 1065