Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 1065

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items  (Read 3632643 times)

SmileyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: List of Remaining Items
« Reply #13350 on: March 01, 2010, 05:08:56 am »

In addition to height, I believe weight contributes to size. So the optimal warriors, from a genetic point of view, would be freakishly tall and morbidly obese. This will likely change in the future, when metabolism gets more solidly implemented, but for now that's your best bet.

Of course, you could just draft only the biggest dwarves instead.
Is Frederik a very dwarvenly name? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potsdam_Giants
In a fat-fingered moment while setting up another military squad I accidentally created a captain of the guard rather than a militia captain.  His squad of near-legendary hammerdwarves equipped with high quality silver hammers then took it upon themselves to dispense justice to all the mandate breakers in the fortress.  It was quite messy.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13351 on: March 01, 2010, 05:31:28 am »

I'm hyperventilating right now. WANT SO HARD
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13352 on: March 01, 2010, 06:48:48 am »

Quote from: Toady One
Actually, the capital gamma (the weight/mass symbol) is a kilogram now, but we are still using the same symbol at this point.
Hurray, the first step on the long road of standardized measurements!
hopefully temps will get a redo as well
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13353 on: March 01, 2010, 08:21:31 am »

Quote from: The Devlog via Translation Party
I have to represent the weight of each item, at least internally in the real world that people from every country or from the many different systems to match the growth of completing a major overhaul is the most powerful and reliable to be used to promote mysticism. Organized groups in 43 km (short and very thin) and I (wide body, very fat) embark on 122 km of the Dwarves. School, Bittoarinakuritta to reduce the weight of the pants a little more pressure. In fact, gamma capital (weight / weight symbols) in kilograms, and at this point, the service is still the same symbol.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Squidpalace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13354 on: March 01, 2010, 09:42:23 am »

I'm sorry I haven't donated Toady, I feel bad for enjoying your game so, so much and not providing some kind of financial recognition. As soon as I don't have to live on mi goreng noodles and rice every day (I don't come from Asia) I will see what I can do. I don't see why donations should drop now that you are so close and are obviously putting a lot of effort into it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13355 on: March 01, 2010, 10:32:35 am »

@Akigagak: Huh? Whats with the wierded up 'translation'?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13356 on: March 01, 2010, 10:36:37 am »

Translation Party. Kinda like the Babelizer, but makes more sensible sentences. (Because it tries to use known word constructions in translating, instead of being as literal as possible) I chuckled at the 122km of the Dwarves, and the fact that it almost came off as if Tarn described himself as wide-bodied and very fat.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13357 on: March 01, 2010, 10:37:35 am »

http://translationparty.com

You put English in, you get nonsense out, via the Japanese language.
Don't try and put a large amount of text, or it breaks.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13358 on: March 01, 2010, 10:38:41 am »

http://www.translationparty.com/

It's a website that will translate a sentence/phrase back and forth from English to Japanese until it doesn't change between translations.

Edit: YOU... YOU... DOUBLE NINJA!
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13359 on: March 01, 2010, 10:41:06 am »

Heh. Speaking of which, latest mission status:

Out, Tiger Woods shot. Animal supply ripple of muscle beneath the glossy hide. On Monday, nails, 1,2006 - Storm vet 11 consecutive days, the Gulf, and 12 fans in one day! What is this? Riashakkurubaiorin? Money! This fund is to pull us! However, hunger, hard, hard, wait for animal feed.

An earlier one might be more interesting though:
Out, Tiger Woods shot. Animals, the supply ripple of muscle beneath the glossy hide. Fans, 12 bays have been exposed to a nail straight in a storm Beast! What is this? Rear shackle fiddle? Money! This fund is to pull us! But for the hungry, wait, hard, animal feed and rewarding.

And for that matter, Fun With Numbers:
This is the number of the following: It is understood enjoy yet been published, I have a game Bittodippu. 3 months January 1 pm daily, one or two donations in one single program, yes!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 10:45:32 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13360 on: March 01, 2010, 10:45:45 am »

Even translation party won't leave the dude alone...

For some reason I have an odd vision of the weird crazy super fat soldier dwarves for next release.

Urist FleshMountain uses defense curl!  Urist FleshMountain used rollout! It's super effective!  The goblin is flattened looney toons style!  Urist FleshMountain suffers a heart attack! Urist Fleshmountain is struck down!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13361 on: March 01, 2010, 10:46:25 am »

*Dies from laughter*

WHAT IS THIS?
REAR SHACKLE FIDDLE?
MONEY!
THE FUND IS TO PULL US!

EDIT: Guess the Devlog entry!
Topics of science, the end of the story runner DF, df is the next meeting we will need a specific scientific study. Vote for your favorites!

Here, the response Risutosureddo (2/22/10) said.

You can go dry. If specified, the image of the toxicity / from, ATT, other variables, the corresponding option from another, the problem is, gypsum, copper theft, with several large orders, the 锖 patches, some To solve the main problem, the ability of relatively low toxicity flies accident is the first entity. This problem, people and animals, Datsudippu is to find a powerful toxin that can not have many diseases. Therefore, any fluid substance in the blood / will be used to discharge the toxic dust mask in the cave.

942. A little break after a few cosmetics to avoid denting / This explains the confusion of information to the wound. Is to determine the index of cell proliferation in several layers of navigation information. Pets wounds of the past, the opportunity to attack a small ampoule. Material was added to the cuff tendons and ligaments. This strike, organs, blood if you need the following. In addition, 40d7 also available.

My parents are in a snowstorm, which will be confiscated during the stimulation of a sudden my mother's birthday party. Half of a lot of sugar in my child's name in the ground state (liquid / gas / powder), mean arterial pressure Koreans - a typical one typical day of one Secretary-General, I have many positive people of the possibility of a strike from one bleeding money. Until now, this control has not been changed to the left of the blood pressure.Well, my day, a couple of snow 100 feet road (very long-term storage in order to test the 936-year-old may be old (?),,...),.,.

Oaky, I'll stop now.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 10:55:33 am by Akigagak »

enlait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13362 on: March 01, 2010, 11:56:41 am »

After reading the first sentence if the newest recent developments update, I was praying "let it be metric system, let it be metric system, let it be metric pleasepleaseplease..."

And it was!

Edit: Hey, whats with my title? Everyone else is Bay Watcher and I am "escaped lunatic"

Edit2: ah its some sort of newbie thing.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:00:30 pm by enlait »

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13363 on: March 01, 2010, 12:45:40 pm »

We know your secret.

Also, metric system. For usability, probably the way to go. But I'd like to see dwarves measuring weight in elf skulls, volume of liquid by how many elves you could drown in it. The basic unit of distance would be how far apart an elf's limbs end up when you hit them exactly this hard with an adamantine hammer.

Edit: Currency value is based on how much you would have payed to see that merchant's face when he realised your scales were broken, and you needed a new set...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:50:09 pm by Groveller »
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #13364 on: March 01, 2010, 12:48:11 pm »

If 1Γ is now 1kg, will item weights now include fractions? For example, an average earring would be less than 10 grams, which would work out to 0.01Γ.

Or will 1Γ work out to 10g or so, just to keep things as integers?

One interesting thing that'll probably happen as a result of making things weigh as much as they really should is that caged large animals will become nearly impossible to move around - while a Dwarf is estimated to vary between 43kg and 122kg, a horse can be anywhere from 400kg to 1000kg, depending on breed. Catch a dragon in a cage near your entrance? Forget about dragging it back to your Animal stockpile - it'd take half a year. Perhaps smoothed floors could increase the rate at which dwarves can drag obscenely heavy things around...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:57:39 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 1065